Sitar

Random Lana Discussion Thread

On 10/2/2022 at 9:22 AM, bluechemtrails said:

While searching for Lana in the German charts I found something interesting. For example, on her albums page (like here) you can find more tracks by Lana if you scroll down (currently there are 165 listed) and it looks like they are listed in the correct order of registration. So when I looked under "Nicht Top Titel" (= "not top titles"), I surprisingly saw "Fine China" and "Yes To Heaven" between the LFL and NFR titles, which could either mean that they were intended for the LFL successor first, or that they were scrapped from LFL (but I think more likely the former). There are also a lot of song registrations for unreleased songs between Paradise and UV or between BTD and Paradise. So I think if songs were registered for a foreign country like Germany, they were really meant to be released or put on an album. It's kind of exciting to see which songs might have been scrapped or that an album concept might have changed completely.

This kind of relates to what I was saying in another thread about how she has so many unreleased tracks and I questioned the intent behind it and said I felt as though she was carefully curating her sound and experimenting with different styles.  

I don’t think it’s far off to think entire album concepts were redone with entirely different or new tracks. I feel like this happened with UV specifically. That’s one release that felt like it was probably completely different at one point before Dan became involved. 

There’s also a lot of songs she did post BTD but pre Paradise that makes me feel like she was still deciding which direction to take after BTD. 

Fine China and Yes To Heaven honestly sound very Honeymoon to me, but we’re definitely recorded earlier right? I could hear them on UV sonically but lyrically no. 

seeing what she did with LFL makes me inclined to believe your theory is correct. Seems like she completely turned that album inside out from its originally concept. 

3 hours ago, finalgirl said:

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTRuN3VLj/

why is this new to me? this is supposedly from the original pressing of the lust for life vinyl

this is strange. i got the lust for life vinyl as soon as it came out & i have never heard this version before. was it only like that in some regions? 

24928f7b69cee0fe13500ed529054686.gif

On 10/6/2022 at 2:24 AM, finalgirl said:

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTRuN3VLj/

why is this new to me? this is supposedly from the original pressing of the lust for life vinyl

I posted a status about this not that long ago because I also saw that TikTok and was super confused. I think the consensus is it was a fan edit. I wasn’t active on here during 2017 but I was a lurker and I don’t remember there ever being an alt version of this song. Summer Bummer has one, but it was found because it was incorrectly uploaded on YouTube as Summer Bummper 

"Don’t forget me"

The same user poster the full song and there’s a full lyric change that doesn’t sound fake so I’m inclined to believe it might actually be real?? :oprah2:

"Don’t forget me"

20 minutes ago, NikoGo said:

The same user poster the full song and there’s a full lyric change that doesn’t sound fake so I’m inclined to believe it might actually be real?? :oprah2:

could u post the link to the lyric change? i don't have tik tok :rip:

23 minutes ago, NikoGo said:

omg wait this version is 4:45!!! the one that has been known for a long time!!! we need a rip of it RIGH NOW:dafuq:

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

I still can’t tell if it’s real or not. Where the lyric change is (and remembering about how we changed everything) the background vocals still have the original “nothing means anything” :delicious:

"Don’t forget me"

2 minutes ago, NikoGo said:

I still can’t tell if it’s real or not. Where the lyric change is (and remembering about how we changed everything) the background vocals still have the original “nothing means anything” :delicious:

it does sound like her but you’re right about the backing vocals … then again tnbar v2 exists 

sUcVobB.png

2 hours ago, lanaismamom said:

do u consider 'i dont wanna go' as paradise sessiond or as sessions that were done in late 2012 for an early concept of the second studio album

i believe it was during the paradise sessions

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123