Sitar

Random Lana Discussion Thread

2 minutes ago, taco truck said:

Just in: it's embarrassing to like/ not like a song:clapback:

That's not the embarrassing part :clapback: It's the way in which people can't talk about something they don't like without tearing it down.

If you guys want to repeat your same poor takes on Blue Banisters over and over, take it to the Blue Banisters thread. This thread is for building the anticipation on the new album, out soon! :hype:

while we're already on the topic of sean can i just say i think this is hilarious and i can't believe lana didn't at least give him some creative direction on the title.. "breaking blue" like plsss ok walter white

touddgD_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

and if the point of this book is to educate on real stories of police officers being falsely accused of things why is sean smack in the center of the book cover like it's an autobiography  :lmao: it's giving narcissism

"then there was the issue of her"

"i've never been jealous before this year, but i'm jealous now"

"i was looking for the father i wanted back"- 

"do you think i go blonde we could get our old love back"

these lyrics all clearly point to Sean

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

4 minutes ago, lilac heaven said:

lana dating the pig in the first place and the “he’s not like other cops he’s a good cop” thing is one of the most questionable things she has ever done/said, imo more questionable than QFTC, but there’s no way Text Book is about him; lana was protesting in LA and Sean was in Tulsa that whole time anyway

i don't necessarily think she was protesting with him, he probably saw "who she was" meaning he saw she protested and supported Black Lives Matter while he obviously doesn't. She is probably just trying to paint a stronger picture than "i facetimed u while i was at the blm protest":eyeroll3: the lyrics make no sense if it's about Clay and she didn't have any boyfriend between them, so i don't see how it could be about anyone else other than sean.

5 minutes ago, Americen Whore said:

Rank these songs according to ur fav food

Sweet 🍰🍦🍧
Candy necklace 🍫🍬🍭 
(Fish)tail 🍣🍤🐟
Peppers 🌶️🫑
Taco Truck 🌮

Taco Truck 

Peppers 

That's it :wtf3:

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

6 minutes ago, Americen Whore said:

Sweet 🍰🍦🍧
Candy necklace 🍫🍬🍭 
(Fish)tail 🍣🍤🐟
Peppers 🌶️🫑
Taco Truck 🌮

Sweet

Taco truck

Candy Necklace 

Peppers

Fishtail:smh:

4 minutes ago, taco truck said:

i don't necessarily think she was protesting with him, he probably saw "who she was" meaning he saw she protested and supported Black Lives Matter while he obviously doesn't. She is probably just trying to paint a stronger picture than "i facetimed u while i was at the blm protest":eyeroll3: the lyrics make no sense if it's about Clay and she didn't have any boyfriend between them, so i don't see how it could be about anyone else other than sean.

At least no other bf at the time *that we publicly know of*

2 minutes ago, The Siren said:

At least no other bf at the time *that we publicly know of*

True, but the lyrics still only make sense if it's about Sean, especially since we know now that they were hooking up while he was with his fiance at the time. He also seems to be her muse for any type of love song at this point lol:smile2:

11 minutes ago, taco truck said:

exactly, just bc she said "there we were" doesn't mean she was taking about the guy she's singing to.. she could mean "there we were" in the sense of.. there she was with her friends protesting and when sean saw the post on instagram maybe he sent her a text or called her or did something that made lana feel like "he saw who she was" in that moment.. or maybe lana was too scared to share her true feelings about things (maybe politics/BLM stuff, maybe something else we'll never know) with him because of his career but after the breakup she posted it to "show him who she was".. and maybe the lyric before has some significance, bc she says "maybe the way we're different could set me free" which in the context of this interpretation would mean that her disagreements with him might help her move on bc she'd feel less attached? and then that line is also interesting because earlier in the song she said "people say we're too much alike".. which is actually the exact opposite of what people said and what lana's perception was that she talked about on the BB live, where she said "me and sean were total opposites. he was seen as being on the right side of the law and i was seen as the total opposite".. anyways none of that really means much they're just thoughts about what makes text book interesting lyrically (i went on a tangent)

11 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

Is this going to be a worldwide release? Meaning we can all expect it at midnight where we live?

:true:

13 minutes ago, Americen Whore said:

Sweet 🍰🍦🍧
Candy necklace 🍫🍬🍭 
(Fish)tail 🍣🍤🐟
Peppers 🌶️🫑
Taco Truck 🌮

Sweet 

Candy Necklace 

fishtail = Taco Truck

peppers is last because, well, I don’t eat peppers alone :thumb3:

3 minutes ago, fl0r1dakil0s said:

exactly, just bc she said "there we were" doesn't mean she was taking about the guy she's singing to.. she could mean "there we were" in the sense of.. there she was with her friends protesting and when sean saw the post on instagram maybe he sent her a text or called her or did something that made lana feel like "he saw who she was" in that moment.. or maybe lana was too scared to share her true feelings on things with him because of his career but after the breakup she posted it to "show him who she was".. and maybe the lyric before has some significance, bc she says "maybe the way we're different could set me free" which in the context of this interpretation would mean that her disagreements with him might help her move on bc she'd feel less attached? and then that line is also interesting because earlier in the song she said "people say we're too much alike".. which is actually the exact opposite of what people said and what lana's perception was that she talked about on the BB live, where she said "me and sean were total opposites. he was seen as being on the right side of the law and i was seen as the total opposite".. anyways none of that really means much they're just thoughts (i went on a tangent)

Ya i think people just don't want to admit it's about Sean because people obviously don't like Sean (i do not either) and the fact that he is a cop makes the whole black lives matter thing even more tone-deaf imo:crai: and it does make sense why she put it in there, but it ruins the song because it feels like she didn't think of the implications of using it as a vehicle to explain her and her relationship situation when it really doesn't involve her at all:smile3:

16 minutes ago, Americen Whore said:

Sweet 🍰🍦🍧
Candy necklace 🍫🍬🍭 
(Fish)tail 🍣🍤🐟
Peppers 🌶️🫑
Taco Truck 🌮

Sweet

Fishtail

Peppers 

Taco Truck

Candy Necklace :wtf3: I don't like candy, I like actual desserts

6 minutes ago, lilac heaven said:

criticism of the Blue Banisters writing style clearly comes from a place of not understanding it, and then y’all want to twist that same writing into making her seem like the worst person in the world

Literally no one is doing that i was saying it's tone-deaf and ignorant. If she is dumb enough to say something like "A lot of my boyfriends were rappers" to defend her not having any diversity in her album cover (which no one was even criticizing) she is obviously ignorant enough to write a line like that. We know she is saying she supports BLM and Sean doesn't, that was never the issue lol. The crazy defensiveness of Blue Banisters writing style clearly comes from a place of not being able to handle any criticism you don't agree with:bebe: you can understand something and still not like it.