Sitar

Random Lana Discussion Thread

Just now, Selfloathinpoet said:

There's not a single day that Lanaboards name is not mentioned on ATRL LMAO:silly:

Anyways, stream A&W:beyonce:

That was me :hillary:

Dan and Lana ended terribly and do not have a relationship, she hasn't worked with Emilie since Wait for Life, and Rick is close to death; time to get over it and move on!

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

1 minute ago, Fingertips said:

Dan and Lana ended terribly and do not have a relationship, she hasn't worked with Emilie since Wait for Life, and Rick is close to death; time to get over it and move on!

wait what happened between her and Dan? :ohno:

1 minute ago, Fingertips said:

Ik this is off topic but what happened with Dan and Lana:ohno: I thought he was working on Rob’s album

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

Just now, ByDayAnother said:

wait what happened between her and Dan? :ohno:

They fought a lot during the Ultraviolence sessions and Lana cut him out after the album was released 

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

2 minutes ago, taco truck said:

Ik this is off topic but what happened with Dan and Lana:ohno: I thought he was working on Rob’s album

I didn't check the production credits on that album, but I remember Lana saying they didn't agree on anything and doesn't want to work with him in the future.

The way some of you talk about her older lyricism/ production as if it was shit to defend her newer style, when that was the music that made most of us fall in love with Lana is weird:bebe:

Just now, margaret soty said:

you are confusing Dan Auerbach with Dan Heath. :deadbanana:

I thought I was going crazy with the way people responded. Genuinely thought everyone knew that Dan Auerbach and Lana ended on really bad terms after the UV sessions 

5 minutes ago, Fingertips said:

I didn't check the production credits on that album, but I remember Lana saying they didn't agree on anything and doesn't want to work with him in the future.

Auerbach or Heath? Because i don't think she's ever mentioned any producer she doesn't want to work with again other than Mark Ronson who she didn't wanna work with only bc her label was forcing her to work with him and she didn't like that

Just now, Fingertips said:

I thought I was going crazy with the way people responded. Genuinely thought everyone knew that Dan Auerbach and Lana ended on really bad terms after the UV sessions 

Dan said about this time last year that he's open to working with Lana again, she never said much about it as far as i remember 

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Lana literally never said she didn't want to work with Dan Auerbach in the future though, yes they did fight while making the album, but from what they've both said in interviews, most of the "fighting" came from Dan believing in the project, but getting rebuked by the studio execs. He said that Lana stood her ground, which only made him respect her further as an artist. 

He said that after the fighting "they danced to the music". Also, Dan recently (well in 2022) said in an interview that he love making the album and would collab with her again.

Besides, I couldn't care less that there was some tension while making this album, because it turned out to be fire. Making art isn't always butterflies & rainbows.

Very interesting and enlightening articles on that topic:

https://faroutmagazine.co.uk/dan-auerbach-lana-del-rey-challenges/?amp

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/dan-auerbach-on-working-with-lana-del-rey-it-was-amazing-188889/amp/

1 minute ago, margaret soty said:

you are confusing Dan Auerbach with Dan Heath. :deadbanana:

Ya I was thinking of him... good because I prefer Heath over Auerbach:clapback: 

1 minute ago, American Whore said:

Auerbach or Heath? Because i don't think she's ever mentioned any producer she doesn't want to work with again other than Mark Ronson who she didn't wanna work with only bc her label was forcing her to work with him and she didn't like that

Dan said about this time last year that he's open to working with Lana again, she never said much about it as far as i remember 

I guess I just picked up context clues. There was an interview where she did say that her and Dan fought all of the time making Ultraviolence and that it was stressful for her. The fact that she hasn't worked with him after that says all I personally need to know.

1 minute ago, margaret soty said:

But yes, Dan Heath worked with Rob on a song. That means he at least still relates in some way to Lana.

LDR 10:pray2:

3 minutes ago, margaret soty said:

But yes, Dan Heath worked with Rob on a song. That means he at least still relates in some way to Lana.

he as well did the strings in chemtrails :)

13 minutes ago, West Coast said:

Lana literally never said she didn't want to work with Dan Auerbach in the future though, yes they did fight while making the album, but from what they've both said in interviews, most of the "fighting" came from Dan believing in the project, but getting rebuked by the studio execs. He said that Lana stood her ground, which only mad him respect her further as an artist. 

He said that after the fighting "they danced to the music". Also, Dan recently (well in 2022) said in an interview that he'd love making the album and would collab with her again.

Very interesting and enlightening articles on that topic:

https://faroutmagazine.co.uk/dan-auerbach-lana-del-rey-challenges/?amp

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/dan-auerbach-on-working-with-lana-del-rey-it-was-amazing-188889/amp/

yeah, see I was aware they butted heads, but people made it seem like they ended on really sour terms, which, based on what I can find, doesn’t seem the case. Confrontation and tension don’t equal toxicity lol

2 minutes ago, ByDayAnother said:

yeah, see I was aware they butted heads, but people made it seem like they ended on really sour terms, which, based on what I can find, doesn’t seem the case. Confrontation and tension don’t equal toxicity lol

That seems more like some personal analysis/impressions fans have about this situation, I'll stick to what Lana and Dan have said on the matter. Besides, I believe most of the bullshit came from the record company, not within the recording studio itself.