Sitar

Random Lana Discussion Thread

41 minutes ago, Marius said:

stupid fuckers…

That account’s truly one of the worst pop culture update accounts out there. Idk why people even follow them lol a lot of the shit they post are just baseless rumours posted as facts. This tweet is so dumb too like imagine thinking celebrities are out here keeping up with every single online controversy like pls she probs just liked some songs of his

qfrWuBl.png

3 minutes ago, Lanaparadiserey said:

What did he even do??? And why are people making such a big deal of Lana commenting a heart lol 

It says it in the tweet. He was caught using racial slurs and was banned from award shows and suspended from his label for a little. Maybe Lana doesn’t even know about this, but it looks bad given her controversies a couple of years ago. It’s crazy how she is still finding ways to get “canceled” on a private Instagram account though. 

Morgan Wallen is relatively un-canceled by country music fans, though of course their threshold for such things is a little lower. I’m a country fan and and I used to listen to him before the incident. 

I don’t think you can take it as him actually feeling like he messed up, but he did apologize multiple times and made a donation to the Black Music Action Coalition. So is he a still a racist pile of crap, most likely. But he was added back all streaming platforms, etc. He’s not actively out there spewing nonsense anymore, and he has a big fan base, that doesn’t necessarily intersect with Lana’s. But anyway my point is I just don’t see this being too big of a deal for Lana. 

topsters2-2-1.png

It's a beautiful life, remember that too, for me.

13 minutes ago, TrashMagiq said:

That account’s truly one of the worst pop culture update accounts out there. Idk why people even follow them lol a lot of the shit they post are just baseless rumours posted as facts. This tweet is so dumb too like imagine thinking celebrities are out here keeping up with every single online controversy like pls she probs just liked some songs of his

You’re joking right? This isn’t even relevant to the album so I don’t know why we’re all discussing it here but she knows, you think she can keep up with a 100 bloggers and not know general news? She’s really started to go odd lately- there was no need for her Glastonbury post either when she’s not even on the bloody stage 

6 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

You’re joking right? This isn’t even relevant to the album so I don’t know why we’re all discussing it here but she knows, you think she can keep up with a 100 bloggers and not know general news? She’s really started to go odd lately- there was no need for her Glastonbury post either when she’s not even on the bloody stage 

Lana innocent Lana unproblematic idk

qfrWuBl.png

Kendrick Lamar (an artist that I love and admire) got Kodak Black on his latest album for a feature and a whole ass interlude. No headlines were made about it, even though Kodak Black pleaded guilty in all charges of sexual assault and battery that were made against him.

Let’s not pretend there’s not a clear agenda pointed at certain artists, most if not all of them female ones. Rosalía gets shit for appropriating gypsy culture but Bruno Mars is a literal culture vulture and no one bats an eye. Kim Petras and Doja Cat get a lot of online hate because of their association with Dr. Luke while Dr. Luke himself continues to work steadily as ever.

This isn’t to say Lana shouldn’t be criticized or questioned when/if the situation is serious and requires critical thinking but I’m also not interested in this angle of perpetually prosecuting women for “wrongdoings” or questionable stuff when their male counterparts continually get free passes. Why isn’t no one talking about how Morgan, Chris Brown, etc got to preserve their careers intact instead?

IMG-1607.jpg

8 minutes ago, Sportscruiser said:

Kendrick Lamar (an artist that I love and admire) got Kodak Black on his latest album for a feature and a whole ass interlude. No headlines were made about it, even though Kodak Black pleaded guilty in all charges of sexual assault and battery that were made against him.

Let’s not pretend there’s not a clear agenda pointed at certain artists, most if not all of them female ones. Rosalía gets shit for appropriating gypsy culture but Bruno Mars is a literal culture vulture and no one bats an eye. Kim Petras and Doja Cat get a lot of online hate because of their association with Dr. Luke while Dr. Luke himself continues to work steadily as ever.

This isn’t to say Lana shouldn’t be criticized or questioned when/if the situation is serious and requires critical thinking but I’m also not interested in this angle of perpetually prosecuting women for “wrongdoings” or questionable stuff when their male counterparts continually get free passes. Why isn’t no one talking about how Morgan, Chris Brown, etc got to preserve their careers intact instead?

EXACTLY.

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

5 hours ago, summer bummer said:

just saw lana liking and commenting on morgan wallen’s insta post…

who tf is that? why are the stans on twitter so worked up?

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

1 hour ago, Sportscruiser said:

Bruno Mars gets flak all the time for “cultural appropriation” so not true- tons of women like Chloe Bailey, Cassie have worked with chris brown and aside from a few comments  on twitter no one is batting an eye.

Lets not excuse ignorant behaviour on sexism. This isn’t about collaboration-this is about Lana consistently making odd comments or gestures in regards to race.

3 minutes ago, summer bummer said:

this morgan wallen thing has me terrified 😭😭 i’m here overanalysing everything and fearing of a collab between the two… luckily lana would never stoop that low

I'd rather have 10 more Nikki collabs than him 

6 minutes ago, summer bummer said:

this morgan wallen thing has me terrified 😭😭 i’m here overanalysing everything and fearing of a collab between the two… luckily lana would never stoop that low

if that happens... i blame nikki lane

So so far we have Lana commenting in support of a racist country singer’s album, Lana’s shade comments at Glastonbury and also Ukrainians being mad at her for her post for that Sveta’s birthday. I wonder what else wonderful will happen in the 20 days that remain until the album release :w8ing:

6 minutes ago, cherrytropico said:

no because imagine if they nominated A&W to an alt category…it would win so easily. but they gotta keep sabotaging her and putting her up with grammy darlings 😭 

when she loses to another song about math by Ed Sheeran:icant: