x VB

Somerset, ENG @ Glastonbury Festival - June 24th, 2023

But she's always late. Why are people suddenly mad about it as if it's a new thing?

During the NFR tour she was routinely 30 - 40 minutes late and even left early a few times while VB was still going 

In fact I don't recall her being on time for any show ever 

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

Just now, Rorman Nockwell said:

But she's always late. Why are people suddenly mad about it as if it's a new thing?

During the NFR tour she was routinely 30 - 40 minutes late and even left early a few times while VB was still going 

I’ve always thought it was unprofessional of her:air: but she hasn’t toured for like four years so it’s just becoming talked about again. Also when you’re at festivals it’s a much stricter schedule and things like her sound being cut are more likely to happen. 

Someone just needs to tell her that her set starts 45 minutes earlier than it actually does:thumb3:

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

Honestly, I hope more festivals/venues follow Glasto's lead and just cut her and other artists off whenever they start late..actually happened to Princess Nokia yesterday at SF Pride lol, she started 30 minutes late and they just turned off her microphone right on the dot. they need humbling 

sgopYhV.gif

I saw Lana live in 2014, 2015 and 2016 (she was the headliner at that festival) and she was always on time as far as I can remember. Her being late is really a thing from 2018 onwards. It's really note cute, never was, never will be. Showing up late at a festival is very different, because it actually affects how long you are allowed to be on stage, even if you are the headliner--most cities have noise ordinances and whatnot.

At least it's not like Madonna who continuously shows up 1, 2 and sometimes 3 hours late and isn't even sorry about it--but it's still unprofessional.

Just now, Crimson and Clover said:

Honestly, I hope more festivals/venues follow Glasto's lead and just cut her and other artists off whenever they start late..actually happened to Princess Nokia yesterday at SF Pride lol, she started 30 minutes late and they just turned off her microphone right on the dot. they need humbling 

Tbh cause as someone who works merch at concerts/festivals I would be pissed if an artist decides to be 30 minutes late and played their entire set which will end up making my entire team have to stay probably about 2 hours later :facepalm: 

3 minutes ago, taco truck said:

Tbh cause as someone who works merch at concerts/festivals I would be pissed if an artist decides to be 30 minutes late and played their entire set which will end up making my entire team have to stay probably about 2 hours later :facepalm: 

yeah, I can imagine it being inconvenient for everyone. I generally don't sympathize much with those people who camp out for her concerts but I can imagine her tardiness being taxing both mentally and physically for those people (lots of those people seem like teenagers). I'm always annoyed whenever an artist is late at a music festival because I could be catching someone else 

sgopYhV.gif

18 minutes ago, taco truck said:

Also I don’t understand why we as fans are supposed to give so much grace to these artists lol. Like this is her job and when you sign up for something like tour/festivals you are expected to show up on time. That is just how it is for everyone’s job and I don’t think Lana gets to be exempt from criticism, especially since she’s making much more money than anyone with a regular job would. I love her and this isn’t gonna stop me being a fan but saying she needs to get her act together and put on the show that people paid a lot of money to see is not dramatic. :bebe:

I don't like the idea that artists should just do their job. An artist is an artist, give them all the time and freedom they need. The problem here is the strict schedule and rules of the festival. It should be more relaxed and with more buffers.

4 hours ago, bigspender said:

you don’t even know what happened or why she was late… you’re lucky to be alive at the same time as her, remember that…

:stareney:

giphy.gif?cid=790b761167f1bae274183a253d

10 minutes ago, Good Intentions said:

I don't like the idea that artists should just do their job. An artist is an artist, give them all the time and freedom they need. The problem here is the strict schedule and rules of the festival. It should be more relaxed and with more buffers.

You think people who are getting paid thousands of dollars shouldn’t be expected to do the job they signed up to do? I understand this with creative direction and creation of music but if you are playing a show you don’t get to be late for the hell of it and expect all the people involved with the festival to go along with it. Festivals need to have strict schedules.

I’ve been thinking about it and she didn’t plan for this set at all. She had way too many songs and they were always going to cut her off. 

Her set was meant to end at 11:40pm, she was 30mins late. Glastonbury let her perform until 12am, so only 10mins of her set was missed out. Afaik she skipped/couldn’t perform 4 songs (fact check needed). 

Basically, she didn’t plan anything at all for this set😭

LORN - ANVIL [Official Music Video] GIF | Gfycat 

40 minutes ago, taco truck said:

I’ve always thought it was unprofessional of her:air: but she hasn’t toured for like four years so it’s just becoming talked about again. Also when you’re at festivals it’s a much stricter schedule and things like her sound being cut are more likely to happen. 

Someone just needs to tell her that her set starts 45 minutes earlier than it actually does:thumb3:

Yeah one of my friends is like she is so whenever we organise smthn we're like "meet @ 8pm (7pm Tommy Time)"

(And Tommy is still always late and idk how) :um:

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

Can everyone please just understand it’s more than disrespectful to the fans it’s also disrespectful to the people working (and there are so many people involved in festivals, like 3x as much as you would think). Lana is unprofessional, we can love her and acknowledge that at the same time. I just hope she learns from this and know if she doesn’t want to disappoint fans by not getting to play her full set, she needs to be on time.

4 minutes ago, taco truck said:

You think people who are getting paid thousands of dollars shouldn’t be expected to do the job they signed up to do? I understand this with creative direction and creation of music but if you are playing a show you don’t get to be late for the hell of it and expect all the people involved with the festival to go along with it. Festivals need to have strict schedules.

I think she does a lot more for the money (which she doesn't really need) and tries to deliver really good shows. This delay was probably not intentional and she may have expected to be allowed to overrun.

50 minutes ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

it's becoming problematic only when it's affecting the setlist, being late on your own tour is different

2 minutes ago, Good Intentions said:

I think she does a lot more for the money (which she doesn't really need) and tries to deliver really good shows. This delay was probably not intentional and she may have expected to be allowed to overrun.

It’s been every single festival though:bebe: The show was great!!! That’s why it really sucks it had to be cut because of her lateness:crai:

2 hours ago, Thats why they call me Dita said:

Have seen hateful stuff in Facebook comments.. but literally from people who’d never have a nice word to say about her anyway (and the comments were shallow and degrading.. so her lateness wasn’t even a factor to their opinion)

Facebook people are irrelevant :party:

12 minutes ago, bigspender said:

:pls:

Being unable to criticize your fave is unhealthy and we have to as fans call out bad behavior. Especially when it affects fans and festival workers. Nobody is perfect and we can acknowledge that.

giphy.gif?cid=790b761167f1bae274183a253d