x VB

Somerset, ENG @ Glastonbury Festival - June 24th, 2023

𝒎𝒂𝒚𝒃𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒘𝒂𝒚 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒊'𝒎 𝘭𝘪𝘷𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝒊𝒔 𝘬𝘪𝘭𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝒎𝒆

✧ ˖°. ⋆⭒˚。⋆. * : ✧ . : * : ☆ * ✧ ˖°. ⋆⭒˚。⋆ °.  ✧ ˖°

1 hour ago, West Coast said:

tbf the hairstylist bit made more sense with the wig reveal

I don’t get how this bit isn’t clicking for people it’s so good. She’s singing Bartender a high society sounding song while getting her hair let down and makeup done sorta like in the Honeymoon video. It’s pure elegance.

1 hour ago, Xenoblade 2 said:

Lana is doing everything she can to turn the public against her while she’s at her peak again. This can’t be a coincidence.

- SNL happened during the peak of her career when she was ready to launch an album.

- QFTC happened right after she was nominated for AOTY.

She’s repeaking commercially, so she had to do something quick. This might even be a subconscious self-destructive behavior we’re witnessing.

This is the only take I think I’ve agreed with you on 

giphy.gif?cid=790b761167f1bae274183a253d

I don’t think being late was completely Lana’s fault but it’s still annoying. I get it being a one time thing but multiple times in a row… c’mon. Her and her team need to get it together or something. I’m sure everyone there was just happy to see her yet it’s frustrating nevertheless. It’s not going to look good on her end if she’s late to Hyde park as well

2 minutes ago, TropicoKitten said:

I don’t think being late was completely Lana’s fault but it’s still annoying. I get it being a one time thing but multiple times in a row… c’mon. Her and her team need to get it together or something. I’m sure everyone there was just happy to see her yet it’s frustrating nevertheless. It’s not going to look good on her end if she’s late to Hyde park as well

It’s completely unprofessional and disrespectful to a point where it makes me wonder if she even respects her fans’ time. Really upsetting because otherwise it would’ve been one of her best shows ever 

giphy.gif?cid=790b761167f1bae274183a253d

17 minutes ago, Enco said:

I don’t get how this bit isn’t clicking for people it’s so good. She’s singing Bartender a high society sounding song while getting her hair let down and makeup done sorta like in the Honeymoon video. It’s pure elegance.

But still, that bit and the theatrics made more sense when she had a wig on and actually needed to touch up her hair as it was underneath a wig cap. She can still sing Bartender for all I care lol.

This would be an ideal set list, taking into account fan favourites. 

1. A&W (with more of the first part)
  2. Peppers
  3. Born To Die
  4. Norman Fucking Rockwell
  5. Doing Time
  6. Cherry
  7. West Coast
  8. Pretty When You Cry
  9. Black Beauty
  10. Honeymoon (shortened version) +interlude
  11. Music To watch Boys to
  12. Get Free
  13. The Grants
  14. Let The light in (with Father John Misty)
  15. Black Bathing Suit
  16. Say Yes To Heaven
  17. Video games
  18. Summertime Sadness
  19. Encore - Taco Truck X VB…(Venice bitch continues to play after she’s left stage)

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

1 hour ago, Xenoblade 2 said:

Lana is doing everything she can to turn the public against her while she’s at her peak again. This can’t be a coincidence.

- SNL happened during the peak of her career when she was ready to launch an album.

- QFTC happened right after she was nominated for AOTY.

She’s repeaking commercially, so she had to do something quick. This might even be a subconscious self-destructive behavior we’re witnessing.

i kinda agree ngl, she always finds something destructive in these kind of times which is good for her commercially

I lowkey wasn't expecting this to blow up as much as it has but hopefully they actually do something to fix this, if she wouldve been on time she wouldn't have gotten cut - even though they let Arctic Monkeys play past their set but whatever, it's still an issue that needs to be fixed. She still played beautifully of course, but her being late like that not only results in songs being cut but it also throws the whole show off :bebe:

😋🫶🏼

don't know if this was posted here already but a great review:

https://amp.theguardian.com/music/2023/jun/25/lana-del-rey-at-glastonbury-review-other-stage

tldr:

Spoiler

No matter – the hour that she did perform was compelling and brilliant, a showcase of one of the world’s greatest living pop stars.

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg