Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Poll  

1,060 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd?

• The Grants
    • Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd
    • Sweet
    • A&W
    • Judah Smith Interlude
    • Candy Necklace (feat. Jon Batiste)
    • Jon Batiste Interlude
    • Kintsugi
    • Fingertips
    • Paris, Texas (feat. SYML)
    • Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing
    • Let The Light In (feat. Father John Misty)
    • Margaret (feat. Bleachers)
    • Fishtail
    • Peppers (feat. Tommy Genesis)
    • Taco Truck x VB

31 minutes ago, Rico25 said:

I couldn't disagree more lol

These are not even on my top 3-5 (though I LOVE them) but I think they really make the album what it is, mostly Fingertips and the interludes

I will give that Fingertips is some her best lyrics on the album!!!! but what does the song itself, a cinematic ballad, "do for the album" after literally all the songs before it (minus A&W) are all cinematic ballads lol, especially since it's JUST after Kintsugi which was already a slow piano ballad about family/loss/etc. It just feels unnecessary

~*RUB RUB RUBBA RUBBA RUB RUB*~

This will probably sound stupid (I'm quite sure it actually is) but... for some reason, these songs are tattooed in my brain.

Like, literally, I don't even need to actually listen to the songs, cause my brain remembers every single little detail, from the production, to the lyrics, the vocals and the white noise... :bebe: 

I'm probably just having a psychotic break, but you know what I mean :oprah3:

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

1 hour ago, Crimson and Clover said:

The lukewarm reception that the Grants has received confuses me so much like :bebe:   people call it her worst single??? :tommy:

Lukewarm reception where? Maybe among ''people'' who have Kim Petras and Melanie Martinez in their twitter bio. 

1 minute ago, Jared said:

Lukewarm reception where? Maybe among people who have Kim Petras and Melanie Martinez in their twitter bio. 

93f.jpg

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

28 minutes ago, slasherflicks said:

I will give that Fingertips is some her best lyrics on the album!!!! but what does the song itself, a cinematic ballad, "do for the album" after literally all the songs before it (minus A&W) are all cinematic ballads lol, especially since it's JUST after Kintsugi which was already a slow piano ballad about family/loss/etc. It just feels unnecessary

I think that's just the vibe

32 minutes ago, Jared said:

Lukewarm reception where? Maybe among ''people'' who have Kim Petras and Melanie Martinez in their twitter bio. 

calm down, i love Mel and still love all the songs on DYK.

giphy.gif

lana del rey has a song, her voice breaks at 6:40

something about the way she says "IT'S LIT" makes me feel like... :kris:

─── ・ 。: *.☽ .* :。 ───

9.gif

You're the king mafia baby
I am the Queen of Alchemy

13 minutes ago, Selfloathinpoet said:

why so? I've never known the reason why they give roty to a song, i put anti hero there just because:eartha:

in simple terms

soty is based on song writing

roty is based on production

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

2 hours ago, Jared said:

I cannot believe I'm being forced to agree with you about something but you hit the nail on the head with this one

imageproxy.jpg

Wait.... was anybody else watching For Whatever Reason's Lana reaction videos on youtube? His account is gone! What happened? I loved him :(

Just now, gaylien said:

Wait.... was anybody else watching For Whatever Reason's Lana reaction videos on youtube? His account is gone! What happened? I loved him :(

He said he had to delete the account for personal reasons. It happened quite suddenly out of nowhere :icant:

3 minutes ago, hotshot2am said:

He said he had to delete the account for personal reasons. It happened quite suddenly out of nowhere :icant:

Damn that makes me so sad. He was really great, so genuine and calming, and appreciated tons of small details in the music. I loved him I hope all is okay