Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Poll  

1,060 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd?

• The Grants
    • Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd
    • Sweet
    • A&W
    • Judah Smith Interlude
    • Candy Necklace (feat. Jon Batiste)
    • Jon Batiste Interlude
    • Kintsugi
    • Fingertips
    • Paris, Texas (feat. SYML)
    • Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing
    • Let The Light In (feat. Father John Misty)
    • Margaret (feat. Bleachers)
    • Fishtail
    • Peppers (feat. Tommy Genesis)
    • Taco Truck x VB

5 hours ago, riina said:

I've been trying to convert my boyfriend to being a Lana fan for years, and I think this is the album he's been enjoying the most so far, even spins the record on his own sometimes now :umadney:. So I thought it would be fun to let him sort the album... His ranking on the album:

Hide contents

1 Sweet
2 Let the Light In
3 Grandfather Please Stand on the Shoulders of My Father While He's Deep-Sea Fishing
4 The Grants
5 A&W
6 Did You Know That There's a Tunnel Under Ocean Blvd
7 Candy Necklace
8 Margaret
9 Kintsugi
10 Paris, Texas
11 Peppers
12 Taco Truck x VB
13 Fingertips
14 Jon Batiste Interlude
15 Fishtail
16 Judah Smith Interlude

Lmao I can't get over the Fishtail placement :rollin:

sweet, let the light in, and grandfather top 3?
oh bb, he has TASTE

WE LOVE A SWEET STAN HERE

the earth shattered, the sky opened

tumblr_p594n81oiC1x11ydmo2_400.gif

that rain was fire, but we were wooden

3 minutes ago, SoftwareUpgrade said:

Screenshot-20230422-085902-Chrome.jpg

"This is a case for the FBI" - Kris Jenner :ohmy:

Why have I witnessed NFR slander in front of my own eyes- @ultrabanisters, if you were to pick, what song WOULD you consider salvageable from the album?

only songs i visit now are title track, how to disappear, hope and the greatest 

ocean blvd is miles better 

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23 - 10/7/23

16 minutes ago, ultrabanisters said:

only songs i visit now are title track, how to disappear, hope and the greatest 

ocean blvd is miles better 

:yawn:
me when mac, venice bitch, cinnamon girl, and california clear almost all of ocean blvd

imo, ocean blvd lacks a warmth that i get from her other albums, most notably uv, hm, nfr, and bb, which are why i love those albums so much
the songs on ocean blvd are great, but just because a song is objectively good doesn't make it my favorite

with more listens, it's harder for me to rank the album because all the songs are really good, but it also moves down in my album ranking
as of now, it is tied with NFR for 4th place with uv, hm, and bb above them

edit: the only songs on ocean blvd i get that "warmth" or "comfort" from are sweet, title track, grandfather, paris texas, and let the light in

3 minutes ago, Crimson and Clover said:

there’s such a warm and inviting feeling I get from this album that I haven’t felt since NFR :true:

BYE NOT MY POST ABOVE URS BEING THE EXACT OPPOSITE

dont u dare say that u'll braid my hair babe... 

Pole Dance GIFs | Tenor

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

21 minutes ago, ivory almond said:

:yawn:
me when mac, venice bitch, cinnamon girl, and california clear almost all of ocean blvd

imo, ocean blvd lacks a warmth that i get from her other albums, most notably uv, hm, nfr, and bb, which are why i love those albums so much
the songs on ocean blvd are great, but just because a song is objectively good doesn't make it my favorite

with more listens, it's harder for me to rank the album because all the songs are really good, but it also moves down in my album ranking
as of now, it is tied with NFR for 4th place with uv, hm, and bb above them

edit: the only songs on ocean blvd i get that "warmth" or "comfort" from are sweet, title track, grandfather, paris texas, and let the light in

People hating bb forget Milestones like thunder, wfwf, arcadia, iyldwm, dealer

its not simple its trigonometry on We Heart It

24 minutes ago, Blackestday x CN said:

People hating bb forget Milestones like thunder, wfwf, arcadia, iyldwm, dealer

My hatred of Blue Banisters isn’t for the actual songs themselves, but the album and its concept / creation.

Individually, the songs are great. The 3 2013 songs, IYLDWM, BBS, Arcadia, Dealer, Thunder and Sweet Carolina are some of my favourite Lana songs. However the creation of Blue Banisters (in my opinion) is so incredibly lazy and random. 

Not to mention, the things she attempted with Text Book, Blue Banisters, WFWF, Beautiful and Violets For Roses are done miles better on Ocean Blvd.

Personally, I think Blue Banisters is a stain on her discography simply because she rushed to release it (and the initial concept was changed so many times) and it feels unfocused. The songs I mentioned above were necessary for her to get to the stage she is at with her poetic personal writing, but that doesn’t mean she should have released this. It feels like she had those 4 singles, realised she found where she wanted to go artistically on future records, and tried to quickly shape an album around it by pulling songs from anywhere and everywhere (including YouTube). 

TL;DR: Sometimes songs have to be written for an artist to move forward artistically but that doesn’t mean they have to be released. 

Anyways yeah that’s my personal opinion on BB, I don’t hate it like it’s not Ava Max level bad but still it sits at the bottom of my ranking and will probably stay there. For newer fans, or people who don’t care for albums as a collective body, I understand why they would like it but for me I just cant see this compilation of tracks as an acclaimed body of work on par with her others.

tumblr_inline_nojcj6qe1j1s5i2my_400.gif gmgif.gif morrissey-flowers.gif

56 minutes ago, ivory almond said:

ocean blvd lacks a warmth that i get from her other albums

54 minutes ago, Crimson and Clover said:

there’s such a warm and inviting feeling I get from this album that I haven’t felt since NFR

:eartha:

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23 - 10/7/23

Tbh the only song that has grown off of me in a month is candy necklace 

i haven’t really tried to say where this fits in my rankings yet just due to seeing how the initial hype wore off, but it’s definitely close to the top. 

also I am ready to declare the grants as my favorite song :karaoke:

23 minutes ago, Cherry Blossom said:

Individually, the songs are great. The 3 2013 songs, IYLDWM, BBS, Arcadia, Dealer, Thunder and Sweet Carolina are some of my favourite Lana songs. However the creation of Blue Banisters (in my opinion) is so incredibly lazy and random. 

ok wait, you did eat this opinion im not even gonna lie

15 minutes ago, ultrabanisters said:
1 hour ago, ivory almond said:

ocean blvd lacks a warmth that i get from her other albums

1 hour ago, Crimson and Clover said:

there’s such a warm and inviting feeling I get from this album that I haven’t felt since NFR

:eartha:

the duality of lanaboards :toofunny: