Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Poll  

1,060 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd?

• The Grants
    • Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd
    • Sweet
    • A&W
    • Judah Smith Interlude
    • Candy Necklace (feat. Jon Batiste)
    • Jon Batiste Interlude
    • Kintsugi
    • Fingertips
    • Paris, Texas (feat. SYML)
    • Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing
    • Let The Light In (feat. Father John Misty)
    • Margaret (feat. Bleachers)
    • Fishtail
    • Peppers (feat. Tommy Genesis)
    • Taco Truck x VB

Crying of joy in the car to my Christmas holidays location bc we have a tradition in our family that every holidays our father gets a new cd for the family. And usually it’s obscure jazz or classic but today. This evening. He got Ocean. I’m with my cat listening to Kintsugi. And it feels heavenly. Perfect. Beautiful. I’m so happy

ZKcaooE.png

Why do people here care about Fantano's opinion so much, I just have never understood that :oprah6: I mean it's great if he put Ocean Blvd as top 3 best but like it's Fantano, why do you care about his opinion that much?

url%5D

On 12/24/2023 at 10:21 AM, Embach said:

Why do people here care about Fantano's opinion so much, I just have never understood that :oprah6: I mean it's great if he put Ocean Blvd as top 3 best but like it's Fantano, why do you care about his opinion that much?

Feeling you quite a lot. He trashed Lana until it became fashionable to praise her with NFR. If I dont remember wrong, he gave Ultraviolence a 2/10 or something in that regard. Couldn't care less about his criteria.

5 hours ago, sjatib said:

Feeling you quite a lot. He trashed Lana until it became fashionable to praise here with NFR. If I dont remember wrong, he gave Ultraviolence a 2/10 or something in that regard. Couldn't care less about his criteria.

he re-reviewed it recently on his youtube channel

Candy Necklace instrumental is so beautiful  :xcry: it is unique and different from other songs in her discography yet feels so LDR at the same time. Tbh I wouldn't be surprised if there's an early demo of Candy Necklace that was recorded during Paradise era :tommy: 

6 hours ago, IanadeIrey said:

I think this is her best album - it’s full of so much personality and soul that it feels like a window into Lana’s mind. It only sounds better and better with time 

Love that you love it so much.  

For me, NFR is still her greatest as it doesn't have any weak moments, whereas OB has two interludes and two mega boring songs I never listen to (Fingerprints, Kintsugi).

But OB is definitely among her top 5.

Wired's 10 Best Albums of 2023

Did You Know That There’s a Tunnel Under Ocean Blvd, Lana Del Rey

Lana Del Rey is a remarkably prolific artist whose ninth studio album is arguably her finest—a rare feat in a time when artist personas can feel quickly exhausted. Did You Know That There’s a Tunnel Under Ocean Blvd continues Del Rey’s dreamlike trip through her own version of Americana, one filled with spiritual messages, John Denver classics, death, and the brittle facade of youth. She cries out to be remembered on the album's title track, while on the sprawling, trap-lite, “A&W” she takes a scythe to her critics and an empowerment economy that still leaves some women feeling cast aside.

Hii I don’t think I’ve posted on here yet but I was looking on Spotify and came across this. Anyone know what this is? Can’t be the start of another leg of Ocean Blvd tour because she’s not headlining, but curious what this is. 

https://open.spotify.com/concert/0vWOqOWTdM5giSboEtRa9k?si=_XIlRZB-QtGQVaonlo5WZw

4 hours ago, play american by lana del rey said:

Hii I don’t think I’ve posted on here yet but I was looking on Spotify and came across this. Anyone know what this is? Can’t be the start of another leg of Ocean Blvd tour because she’s not headlining, but curious what this is. 

https://open.spotify.com/concert/0vWOqOWTdM5giSboEtRa9k?si=_XIlRZB-QtGQVaonlo5WZw

That’s deff a show  :dua:

also nowhere to be seen on sparklejumpropequeen ofc 

Edited by shadesofblue
Actually not sure if it’s real because when you click the link for tix it shows up as a Lana themed night

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7gqsj2bjkxgmq77zi79zc36i0w705phy1th23hnvz&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

⁺.⊹ ࣪ ˖  𝒸𝒶𝓉𝒸𝒽 𝒶 𝓌𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓉𝒶𝓀𝑒 𝒾𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝓌𝑒𝑒𝓉𝓃𝑒𝓈𝓈 ₊˚.༄

5 hours ago, play american by lana del rey said:

100% not a Lana show. Maybe they're spinning her record between sets?

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

Idk about you guys but I need to be in a certain mood in order to play Ocean Blvd from start to finish. It's a very heavy album, just like Lust for Life and Blue Banisters. But I do love to play the last 3 tracks. She really did that by putting Fishtail - Peppers - Taco Truck together. Hands down best part of this record.:defeated: