Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Poll  

1,060 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd?

• The Grants
    • Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd
    • Sweet
    • A&W
    • Judah Smith Interlude
    • Candy Necklace (feat. Jon Batiste)
    • Jon Batiste Interlude
    • Kintsugi
    • Fingertips
    • Paris, Texas (feat. SYML)
    • Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing
    • Let The Light In (feat. Father John Misty)
    • Margaret (feat. Bleachers)
    • Fishtail
    • Peppers (feat. Tommy Genesis)
    • Taco Truck x VB

43 minutes ago, The Siren said:

the fact that BBC Radio 1 took A&W and made it 2:20 long is blasphemous

And the fact it's just her repeating 'Your mom called, we chatted, she says hi' over and over.

Spoiler

:hoe:

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

8 hours ago, ArtDecoVintageGirl said:

My problem with Jack is his production style

Dan Auerbach worked with Nicki Lane before , most producers can work through any style they're hired to work with. It's not the style for me , it's Jack.

I respect your opinion. But then, for me, I just don't understand how people can diss Antonoff when he's produced (and co-written) some of Lana's best ever songs. Venice Bitch, Mariner's, Norman, The greatest, Wild at Heart, Happiness is a Butterfly, Chemtrails, FIILY, White Dress, A&W, Let the Light In, Ocean Boulevard, Taco Truck.... 

My only issue with him is that he hasn't tapped into Lana's pop sensibilities at all, like he did with Swift. Five years they've been working together now, and NOT A SINGLE SOLO LDR TRACK HE PRODUCED made it to the Billboard 100. Meanwhile, a throwaway song Rick Nowels produced (Say Yes to Heaven), makes the longest running entry since, like, High by the Beach.

And then, of course, Zach Davies and those other guys are even more "yes men" who will never get Lana to do something poppish. 

This is the only reason why I wish Lana goes back to Nowells, Hayne, Max Martin, etc. So we could have a bonified solo hit. Who knows, maybe Lasso will be that bitch.

I’ve been listening to Let The Light In on repeat all night and woke up this morning doing the same. So far I’m two hours in this morning— send help!

another note, our favorite grammy nominated album becomes a winner today. 

I desperately hope she does not bring back the person who mixed this album. That muffled, quiet, incoherent mess is not it.

It sticks out most if you are listening to a playlist and an OB track starts playing so you have to adjust the volume ...

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

1 hour ago, Thunder Revenant said:

I desperately hope she does not bring back the person who mixed this album. That muffled, quiet, incoherent mess is not it.

It sticks out most if you are listening to a playlist and an OB track starts playing so you have to adjust the volume ...

That would be Laura, and she always mixes for Lana/Jack albums so it’s pretty safe to say she’ll be back with Lasso since Jack produced that as well

"Don’t forget me"

Ocean Blvd - it is breaking my heart but this is the moment when we have to say goodbye.

Thank you for teaching me that there's beauty in the sadness, through the cracks of a brolen heart, the light gets in.

You will always be loved. Lasso let's fucking GO.

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

I’m not saying goodbye to Ocean Blvd anytime soon!

Ocean Blvd will be my baby for years to come 

"Don’t forget me"

I really do think this is one of the greatest albums of all time, and it's legacy will grow tremendously as time passes. She pulled off such a complex vision so beautifully. It is an extremely thought provoking and profound album, while also managing to be fun, thrilling, and full of surprises. A tour de force :defeated: