Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Poll  

1,060 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd?

• The Grants
    • Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd
    • Sweet
    • A&W
    • Judah Smith Interlude
    • Candy Necklace (feat. Jon Batiste)
    • Jon Batiste Interlude
    • Kintsugi
    • Fingertips
    • Paris, Texas (feat. SYML)
    • Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing
    • Let The Light In (feat. Father John Misty)
    • Margaret (feat. Bleachers)
    • Fishtail
    • Peppers (feat. Tommy Genesis)
    • Taco Truck x VB

On 2/17/2024 at 12:49 AM, Pink Flamingo said:

Wait a second... What happened with the OceanBlvd account? What was that for?:pls:

oml this got completely wiped off from my memory :godlaugh2: she just wanted to claim the username for the next time she ‘leaves social  media’ :smile4:

if lana had self produced this album (aside from vocal/musical collaborations)- what differences do you think it would have made? 

we would have never seen the beauty that is A&W, but I desperately want to know what lanas preferred writing style is these days. would the album be more like the last 4 songs? would it be more stripped back? would zodiac have made it :lolno2:. seriously though, id love to know what direction she would go in without someones influence!

if any insiders have some bts knowledge of this I would lluuuuurrrve to know :hooker: 

giphy.gif

After almost a year, this is my fav lana record and era by far. I’m obsessed with this record. I want to listen to the whole thing literally every day. It’s such a culmination of all the work she’s ever done wrapped up with a bow in her classic beehive hair. Love.

2 hours ago, Obduration said:

After almost a year, this is my fav lana record and era by far. I’m obsessed with this record. I want to listen to the whole thing literally every day. It’s such a culmination of all the work she’s ever done wrapped up with a bow in her classic beehive hair. Love.

The album is definitely a grower. It's easy to get disappointed when you're programmed by the music industry to expect bangers.

But then you realise that it's songs like OB, Sweet, Paris, Texas, Let the Light In, etc. are the kind of songs that stand the test of time.

It's a timeless record, and sits firmly in her top 5. Definitely more repeat value than Chemtrails, BB, Honeymoon, and Paradise, imo.

8 hours ago, Pink Flamingo said:

Do you guys remember that BOZ said he was gonna spill something HUGE about this album in a few years? two years if i'm not mistaken

No, I don't. What did he say?

29 minutes ago, whitelungswhitepalms said:

It was about candy necklace

theres tea behind the creation of the song

First anniversary is the best time to spill that tea :oprah3: I know there's a unknown reason why Lana promoted that song more than the others

bGiqt9X.gif

nobody warns you before the fall

On 2/26/2024 at 3:22 AM, Pink Flamingo said:

Do you guys remember that BOZ said he was gonna spill something HUGE about this album in a few years? two years if i'm not mistaken

No but it better be worth the wait :teehee:

1 hour ago, honeymoon is alive said:

many insiders said that there was a let the light in mv, do we think it’s true and she didn’t release it or it never existed :adele:

LTLI and A&W deserves an MV for each of them, they are literally fucking hits for this era.

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

On 2/26/2024 at 4:50 PM, whitelungswhitepalms said:

It was about candy necklace

theres tea behind the creation of the song

But he really said that, or its speculation?

13 hours ago, SalvaWHORE said:

LTLI and A&W deserves an MV for each of them, they are literally fucking hits for this era.

I really wish

but I would have like one for OB more than for LTLI

1 hour ago, Rico25 said:

I really wish

but I would have like one for OB more than for LTLI

Oh yes, title track too.

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

On 2/26/2024 at 2:22 AM, Pink Flamingo said:

Pretty sure it was about Candy Necklace and A&W. I’m like 99% sure everything he had to say about A&W has already been between Jack, Lana, and Earthquakes leaking.