Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Poll  

1,060 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd?

• The Grants
    • Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd
    • Sweet
    • A&W
    • Judah Smith Interlude
    • Candy Necklace (feat. Jon Batiste)
    • Jon Batiste Interlude
    • Kintsugi
    • Fingertips
    • Paris, Texas (feat. SYML)
    • Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing
    • Let The Light In (feat. Father John Misty)
    • Margaret (feat. Bleachers)
    • Fishtail
    • Peppers (feat. Tommy Genesis)
    • Taco Truck x VB

1 minute ago, margaret soty said:

If Kintsugi had been leaked as an old Ultraviolence demo, everyone would be praising the song. Don't be ridiculous.

If you want to talk about outtake tracks, go to the thread LDR Album Process Discussion.

I do love Kintsugi though, just don’t like how quiet it is. It’s not black and white. I like both, and have a preference for the older material. 

I don’t really wanna die, I just want the pain to be over

1 minute ago, fine china said:

I do love Kintsugi though, just don’t like how quiet it is. It’s not black and white. I like both, and have a preference for the older material. 

I also love the old demos, but this is not the thread to talk about this topic.

Just now, margaret soty said:

I also love the old demos, but this is not the thread to talk about this topic.

This isn’t the thread to talk about the production of the current album? Because that’s mainly what I’m discussing, and using the old demos as a comparison. 

This is the last comment I’ll make on this topic. I don’t want to fight with anyone and I don’t think I was being argumentative. A few of us shared opinions like everyone else and because they aren’t standing ovations for the album we’re told to take the discussion elsewhere? It’s a thread to discuss the album which is what we were doing. 

anyway, Candy Necklace remains a highlight for me. 

3 minutes ago, fine china said:

This is the last comment I’ll make on this topic. I don’t want to fight with anyone and I don’t think I was being argumentative. A few of us shared opinions like everyone else and because they aren’t standing ovations for the album we’re told to take the discussion elsewhere? It’s a thread to discuss the album which is what we were doing. 

anyway, Candy Necklace remains a highlight for me. 

I think your posts were good because you were just sharing your opinion. I really struggled with liking COTCC and BB at first, so I know how it feels to be disappointed when you're a long-time fan and wanting to share your thoughts even while most are just being very positive.

The problem comes in (I'm not talking about you) when people just come in here to shit on the album in bad faith. There's a difference between sharing your opinion and simply coming in here to trash Lana's work. I appreciate that you only did the former.

It’s not about having someone to love me anymore

This is the experience of being an American whore

Anyway.

I really have to go through every closing song because something about Taco, maybe it's just the damn joy it brings me, it's possibly her best closer. Greatest closer? Didn't say that, but it's so FUN and vibing, it's like a sexy wave goodbye as she sends us back to sea, after spending the day on the rocky, emotional shores of Ocean Blvd.

2 minutes ago, HighbytheSea said:

Anyway.

I really have to go through every closing song because something about Taco, maybe it's just the damn joy it brings me, it's possibly her best closer. Greatest closer? Didn't say that, but it's so FUN and vibing, it's like a sexy wave goodbye as she sends us back to sea, after spending the day on the rocky, emotional shores of Ocean Blvd.

IAFM I think it has some NFR tour closing vibes for obvious reasons I just wanna vibe to it

and the Taco Truck part is gorgeous

This song is classic Lana and yet very edgy and new whilst recycling one of her best songs

I love it 

Does any of you guys know which vinyl variant sounds the best? I'm debating whether or not to get the picture disc as well, since many people say that it's the best sounding variant (weird).