Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Poll  

1,060 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd?

• The Grants
    • Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd
    • Sweet
    • A&W
    • Judah Smith Interlude
    • Candy Necklace (feat. Jon Batiste)
    • Jon Batiste Interlude
    • Kintsugi
    • Fingertips
    • Paris, Texas (feat. SYML)
    • Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing
    • Let The Light In (feat. Father John Misty)
    • Margaret (feat. Bleachers)
    • Fishtail
    • Peppers (feat. Tommy Genesis)
    • Taco Truck x VB

people saying ocean blvd feels like the true follow up to norman is just like back in 2017 when people were saying lust for life felt like the true follow up to born to die. but we all know that's not true and it isn't this time either. i feel like all lana's albums have something special and important about them even if some of us don't like some of them. i don't think ocean blvd could've existed in its current form without lana getting thru chemtrails and blue banisters first. 

24928f7b69cee0fe13500ed529054686.gif

Just now, wilting daisy said:

people saying ocean blvd feels like the true follow up to norman is just like back in 2017 when people were saying lust for life felt like the true follow up to born to die. but we all know that's not true and it isn't this time either. i feel like all lana's albums have something special and important about them even if some of us don't like some of them. i don't think ocean blvd could've existed in its current form without lana getting thru chemtrails and blue banisters first. 

Now who ever said that? :awkney:

people said lust for life is a full circle moment from btd, not “the true follow up” lol, because it literally is supposed to be, the name “lust for life” and the call back to the more pop sound of btd is supposed to be this kind of full circle moment thing 

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

Anyone else hear her born to die vocals creeping in during the second part of kintsugi? i knew there was a reason i loved this song so much

those vocals have so much character... it really defined her as an artist (in my mind)

i need more of it in the future pleeease

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

7 minutes ago, taco truck said:

people said lust for life is a full circle moment from btd, not “the true follow up” lol, because it literally is supposed to be, the name “lust for life” and the call back to the more pop sound of btd is supposed to be this kind of full circle moment thing 

I did admittedly say this a few pages back, but also totally agree with @wilting daisy in that it could not have existed in the way we know it without the previous two records. Personally, I feel like Ocean Blvd.'s themes and references from NFR make it feel like more of a follow up for me, but it also refines a lot of what Lana has been building with COCC and BB.

8 hours ago, jaesana said:

Lorde is fun to listen to but looking back she looks soooo bad saying allat. Her criticisms about Lana mean nothing in the long run. I'm not talking about streams or success really; I'm talking about the long-lasting legacy Lana will leave behind... and Lorde's lack of it. Lana changed pop culture and has cemented herself as one of the best singer-songwriters in American history.

what :rip: Lorde is super acclaimed and influential and her legacy is as big as Lanas. Pure Heroine is considered one of the most influential pop albums of that time and Melodrama was called masterpiece since day one. On top of that all the girls and boys that call Lana their influence talk about Lorde too.

14 minutes ago, taco truck said:

in 2017 lots of people were saying it felt like the true follow up. i'm not sure if here bc i wasn't here but all over social media its what people were saying and i'm sure there were some reviews that said the same thing. they were saying ultraviolence and honeymoon were too mellow and uncommercial and that they didn't have the same punch born to die did but that lana was back to form with lust for life. i don't agree with the sentiment but i saw it a lot.

Spoiler

also side note, i hate when people say "no u didn't hear that, u heard this" like no actually i know what i heard thank u very much

24928f7b69cee0fe13500ed529054686.gif

2 minutes ago, Kimi said:

what :rip: Lorde is super acclaimed and influential and her legacy is as big as Lanas. Pure Heroine is considered one of the most influential pop albums of that time and Melodrama was called masterpiece since day one. On top of that all the girls and boys that call Lana their influence talk about Lorde too.

:awk:

8 minutes ago, Kimi said:

Hi Lorde welcome to lanaboards girl!

18 minutes ago, Kimi said:

take it to the lorde thread

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23 - 10/7/23

i keep listening to fingertips & initially i was confused of her not singing the “mother” line 

but i realize now it’s actually sooooo Profound…

the sparkle muted filter fade over “‘mother” is genius…. she won’t even call her or speak/sing her as a “mother” cause she wasn’t - she was presumably horrible to lana and not a “mother figure” lana wanted or needed. of course it can be written lyrically but she won’t even utter ‘her’ the sort of satisfaction of even being called a “mother” wow 

also the nuance in these lyrics is special. only dedicated fans will truly grasp it. the lore of LdR is forever immortal on tunnel. truly genius 

9 minutes ago, paradisetropico said:

i keep listening to fingertips & initially i was confused of her not singing the “mother” line 

but i realize now it’s actually sooooo Profound…

the sparkle muted filter fade over “‘mother” is genius…. she won’t even call her or speak/sing her as a “mother” cause she wasn’t - she was presumably horrible to lana and not a “mother figure” lana wanted or needed. of course it can be written lyrically but she won’t even utter ‘her’ the sort of satisfaction of even being called a “mother” wow 

also the nuance in these lyrics is special. only dedicated fans will truly grasp it. the lore of LdR is forever immortal on tunnel. truly genius 

She says the following words out loud in the song:

Father, Sister, Brother , Grandpa, Grandma

and only thing missing is mother. 

it’s truly a statement.

LASSO

lasso.gif

SEPTEMBER 2024