Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Poll  

1,060 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd?

• The Grants
    • Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd
    • Sweet
    • A&W
    • Judah Smith Interlude
    • Candy Necklace (feat. Jon Batiste)
    • Jon Batiste Interlude
    • Kintsugi
    • Fingertips
    • Paris, Texas (feat. SYML)
    • Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing
    • Let The Light In (feat. Father John Misty)
    • Margaret (feat. Bleachers)
    • Fishtail
    • Peppers (feat. Tommy Genesis)
    • Taco Truck x VB

4 hours ago, mlittle11 said:

i see what ur saying but similar to what i said in the BB thread, fans are always excited to see what their fave is releasing. so when the album came out, of course everyone was happy about it bc its just fun getting able to experience new lana music. 

however, i’ll add that before it came out and we just had the singles, i was ready to be wowed by this record. i thought it would be her best album. when it came out, i liked it but i wasnt obsessed. i barely posted in here bc i felt bad that i wasnt as excited as everyone else. once the newness wore off, i realized im just not the biggest fan.

whether its with COCC, BB, or this album, im sure a lot of us experienced the same thing. it happens :whatever2:

Yeah it is not this big thing some people here are praising. I am not convinced.

its not simple its trigonometry on We Heart It

1 hour ago, Kimi said:

what :rip: Lorde is super acclaimed and influential and her legacy is as big as Lanas. Pure Heroine is considered one of the most influential pop albums of that time and Melodrama was called masterpiece since day one. On top of that all the girls and boys that call Lana their influence talk about Lorde too.

Please lorde is a pretentious little turd 

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

I’m feeling like Kintsugi might be the ultimate LDR song. It’s one of those songs like Hallelujah and Take Me Home, Country Roads, like the pinnacle of classic songwriting. That chorus is straight from God and the collective consciousness

1 hour ago, Kimi said:

what :rip: Lorde is super acclaimed and influential and her legacy is as big as Lanas. 

Are we talking about the person who dropped the biggest dud in recent times after taking a 4 year long break? 

okok but what flower is each song guys? personally...

The Grants — peony
Sweet — gardenia
DYK — hollyhock
A&W — rose
Candy Necklace — black dahlia
Kintsugi — cherry blossom
Fingertips — jasmine
Paris, Texas — lily
Grandfather... — blue poppy

Let The Light In — daisy
Margaret — orchid
Fishtail — daffodil
Peppers — snapdragon
Taco Truck x VB — hibiscus

the earth shattered, the sky opened

tumblr_p594n81oiC1x11ydmo2_400.gif

that rain was fire, but we were wooden

I feel like Judah Smith interlude should have ended at 3:15. I like when he says “why would you ever bother with puny mortal man… why are you so infatuated with me?” It would have been a really nice ending if it slowly panned out with an echoey ring after he says that

me after listening to kintsugi one last time before bed

med_thumb_homer_cropped.jpg

Spoiler

those ending piano notes really do bring me some rare level of inner peace 

It’s not about having someone to love me anymore

This is the experience of being an American whore

Final Ranking / Overall Rating: 9/10
3rd Favorite Lana Album

1. Let the Light In (10/10)
2. Peppers (9.5/10)
3. Sweet (9.5/10)
4. Kintsugi (9/10)
5. A&W / Fishtail / Taco Truck x VB (8.5/10) — tie
6. Margaret / Candy Necklace / Fingertips (8.5/10) — tie
7. Paris, Texas (8.5/10)
8. Grandfather Please Stand on the Shoulders of My Father While He's Deep-Sea Fishing (8.5/10)
9. Did You Know That There's a Tunnel Under Ocean Blvd (8/10) (just overplayed it tbh)
10. The Grants (8/10)

literally no skips except the interludes

BEST LYRICS: Kintsugi, Fingertips
BEST INSTRUMENTAL: Let The Light In, Grandfather, Margaret, Fishtail, Taco Truck x VB
BEST VIBE/AESTHETIC: Let The Light In, Sweet, Paris Texas, Fishtail

FAVORITE MOMENTS: bridge of LTLI, the piano riff in CN, beat drop of Fishtail, pre-chorus of Peppers, guitar beat drop in DYK, bridge of Sweet, whistle in Kintsugi, transition in A&W, "ik ik that you hate me" beat drop in Taco Truck, transition in Taco Truck, "let's waltz this out" + trumpets in Margaret, "venice, california" whisper in Paris, Texas

the earth shattered, the sky opened

tumblr_p594n81oiC1x11ydmo2_400.gif

that rain was fire, but we were wooden

imo nfr is what folklore is to taylor, and i used to think ocean blvd was evermore but i lowkey feel like chemtrails is evermore and ocean blvd is midnights.

b2358771937a448cffde372325aa52ea.gif

it escapes from my hands into moonlight . . .

3 hours ago, Kimi said:

what :rip: Lorde is super acclaimed and influential and her legacy is as big as Lanas. Pure Heroine is considered one of the most influential pop albums of that time and Melodrama was called masterpiece since day one. On top of that all the girls and boys that call Lana their influence talk about Lorde too.

Lorde literally publicly slammed Lana for her music & then went in the studio w Antonoff and said “I want to write a Lana album” and she shat out Melodrama. That’s her legacy

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce:

25 minutes ago, mostexoticflwr said:

chemtrails is evermore and ocean blvd is midnights.

OB is definitely NFRs sister- lyrically and thematically. They're the yin and yang.

Chem and BB sound like sister albums to me.

1 hour ago, ivory almond said:

FAVORITE MOMENTS: bridge of LTLI, the piano riff in CN, beat drop of Fishtail, pre-chorus of Peppers, guitar beat drop in DYK, bridge of Sweet, whistle in Kintsugi, transition in A&W, "ik ik that you hate me" beat drop in Taco Truck, transition in Taco Truck, "let's waltz this out" + trumpets in Margaret, "venice, california" whisper in Paris, Texas

oh the tastery