Chris Cuomo

Katy Perry

lifetimes snippet sounds good tho, i was expecting some songs like that on the album instead of whatever those other 2019 sounding trap snippets are

32 minutes ago, DemonMic2003 said:

WHO WANTS TO HEAR WOMANS WORLD (LANAS VERSION)

"sexy confident" coming out of Lana's mouth?:stareney:

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, SalvaWHORE said:

"sexy confident" coming out of Lana's mouth? you must be joking...

I made an ai edit for cursed jokes but removed it since i shouldnt nor do i  want to support dr. L***

Edited by DemonMic2003

Honestly, Listening some more - It’s giving me modern vibes.

Like the 2010s pop was the future, Then it just seemed SO much more either 80s/90s  elements or trap was dominate.

Then covid solidified the 80s aesthetic which would continue “no I’m not counting hyperpop - that’s something else” But in my medical opinion this feels like hopefully the return of “modern pop” Really excited for the rest!

PSA

The 80s was the greatest decade in music - I am not talking shit about it.

IMG-3521.jpg

oh god. well. this is her brand, it's always been. and it is pretty satirical. 

she's got nostalgia on her side. 
she's gorgeous, she uses her sex appeal. she's also kind of lending herself to the feminist movement if anything? 

but that's the thing tho. she broadcasts a livestream and tries to connect w her fans and is vulnerable in that way, but then, the music sometimes, it just doesn't translate. 
it makes me think that she doesn't know who she is as an artist. 

and then at the same time, I want to think that she's somewhat aware of the satire she's putting out there. in how because women have been seen as a kind of secondary citizen in society to their male counterparts, that they're still judged in how they act and present themselves, whereas men aren't (boys will be boys). and that she's got to act like some kind of caricature to have that message ironically taken more as a call for a reaction/ to prove a point. and then maybe in-fighting on what feminism is. 

I have a soft spot for her, she's made some great pop hits, and has some great heartfelt songs. I'm hoping she knows and expresses more of who she is a bit more genuinely if anything. and plays it a bit more, less corny? if anything. I feel like she has a tendency to people please? I think I'm just saying this cus I feel like maybe she knows how people already perceive her, and might want to be taken seriously. that or, she can really lean into the wanting to be funny. but yeah 

I have more questions than answers, but I do personally think the song's just kinda there. like, maybe some kind of like interesting instrumental bridge? maybe more of a roaring outro? 

we'll see what this might mean, but it's kind of. the when I'm gone song's giving more energy imo

FSiy5w3.giftumblr_nv0881L0Od1s4fz4bo1_500.gifVvJr.gif

Everyone saying this is "her brand", but I disagree. Yes, simple pop lyrics were always her thing, but they were once very clever. Wide Awake, Pearl, Teenage Dream, Unconditionally, Roar - all while simple weren't basic, which I feel this verges on. I think the main problem is that if the melody was catchy enough, it could make up for it, but the way she just sort of speak-sings the verses ruins it. 

I think the album as a whole already sounds better than Smile, and it does feel like a proper Katy Perry era (as opposed to even Witness), but I am not sure if this single choice was the right direction. She can't really afford a stumble.

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

Personally this to me is, exactly what was to be expected. Its a high budget katy perry song through and through.

People in this thread saying “i miss the old katy” baby shes right there lmao. 

This song fits perfectly in the same album as TGIF / Last Friday Night. 

To me Katy was the epitome of glossy campy cheesy pop with blaring catchy choruses and over the top visuals / videos. And this is exactly that.

edit: Trisha carried the mv btw.

The song is awful, the video even worse, it looks like she just wanted an excuse to show off her body 

Dying by the hand of a foreign man, Happily
Calling out my name in the summer rain, Ciao amore

13.04.2018 | 04.06.2024

Progetto-senza-titolo.png

4 hours ago, slayyyngel said:

Personally this to me is, exactly what was to be expected. Its a high budget katy perry song through and through.

People in this thread saying “i miss the old katy” baby shes right there lmao. 

This song fits perfectly in the same album as TGIF / Last Friday Night. 

To me Katy was the epitome of glossy campy cheesy pop with blaring catchy choruses and over the top visuals / videos. And this is exactly that.

edit: Trisha carried the mv btw.

This compares nothing like old Katy wtf Yes her songs were always hyper-pop, cheesy and more party than anything else, but they weren’t boring. All her old hits are miles ahead of this one. This holds zero replay value

Anyways stream Joyride

SOPHIE • ARCA • SKY FERREIRA • YEULE • CHARLI XCX • WILL TOLEDO • JAMIE STEWART • CHELSEA WOLFE • YUNG LEAN • ECCO2K • NATURAL SNOW BUILDINGS • EARTHEATER • FIONA APPLE • BJÖRK • ANNA VON HAUSSWOLFF • KRISTIN MICHAEL HAYTER • RICHARD D JAMES • DEADMAU5 • MICHAEL GIRA • LIZ PHAIR • LANA DEL REY • TINASHE • FKA TWIGS • DEATH GRIPS • SNOW STRIPPERS • A. G. COOK • ETHEL CAIN • NICOLE DOLLANGANGER • KATIE JANE GARSIDE • SHYGIRL • BABYMETAL • CARLY RAE JEPSEN • PERFUME • BEYONCÉ • MACHINE GIRL • KILL ALTERS • RINA SAWAYAMA • A$AP ROCKY • FRIENDZONE • JOANNA NEWSOM • JANE REMOVER • UBOA • KATE BUSH • SARAH BONITO • SLAYYYTER • AYESHA EROTICA • CAROLINE POLACHEK • KELELA • DEVONTÉ HYNES • WEYES BLOOD • JULIA HOLTER • COCTEAU TWINS • TORI AMOS • HANNAH DIAMOND • FLORENCE WELCH • GIA MARGRET • SKULLCRUSHER • DEFTONES • KESHA • LORDE • BONNIE MCKEE • COBRAH • GOODSPEED YOU! BLACK EMPEROR • YUNG SHERMAN • SEA OLEENA • POPPY • DEAN BLUNT • DEAR NORA • T.A.T.U. • NAMASENDA • POISON GIRLFRIEND • TOVE LO • ZHEANI • ORTIES • BLADEE • AESPA • BANKS • ONEOHTRIX POINT NEVER • OTAY:ONII • TEAADORA • IMOGEN HEAP • ROSE MELBERG • 

nostalgia really is kicking some of y'all asses up because the lyrics and the video are both very stereotypically katy perry. it might not be good or particularly groundbreaking but it's definitely a katy perry project and you can tell. perhaps it's time to face the fact that maybe you don't find katy perry to be that good tbh… without the rose colored glasses on, are those songs from a decade ago really that different to woman's world? think about it :oprah7: