Chris Cuomo

Katy Perry

2 minutes ago, SalvaWHORE said:

I literally never liked NRO and thought in 2019 she wouldnt release anything  worse than this.... and now we have Woman's World

NRO sounds even better than this.

Tasteless

3 minutes ago, DemonMic2003 said:

Tasteless

I don't think that NRO is shit but the production is so jarring and she sings so loudly. The song just gave me an headache every time I heard it on radio in 2019, like the way how Dance Monkey gave me an headache (but NRO is better)

2.gif

1 minute ago, Embach said:

I don't think that NRO is shit but the production is so jarring and she sings so loudly. The song just gave me an headache every time I heard it on radio in 2019, like the way how Dance Monkey gave me an headache (but NRO is better)

Fair, the production could be much better

Since we're in the Katy Perry thread, Im interested in hearing your thoughts on this:

Is "You're So Gay" song in your opinion homophobic or not? 

I personally think it's not, I think the song is about how narcissistic her boyfriend was.

2.gif

5 minutes ago, Embach said:

Since we're in the Katy Perry thread, Im interested in hearing your thoughts on this:

I personally think it's not, I think the song is about how narcissistic her boyfriend was.

I mean ive never really listened to the song fully so idk. But i can understand how people might see it as so with a title like that :bebe:

44 minutes ago, Embach said:

Ehhh maybe, but it's one of her best songs

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕 

37 minutes ago, Evergreen said:

Pitchfork: Katy Perry's "Woman's World" is a monumental catastrophe 

https://pitchfork.com/reviews/tracks/katy-perry-womans-world

I don’t like this song or even Katy rn very much but I don’t understand why almost every review lately sounds like it was written by a stan twitter user? I’m so tired of seeing the same “drags” that I saw on Twitter on a review from a major publication….

975879ca71d01ef914728e1d913db9c8ebe35e197a6779948f76453c1c7c3d67249eb70c2144a45946bb601b85b9a0ea979662afb98515387a76cc16

˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

wait the lifetime snippet being a hit... :wowcry:

anyways a bit too much performance going on in here. as terrible of a decision as it was to work with d* l***, immediately invalidating her status as the 10's pop star is not gonna work... granted it is nothing groundbreaking, but it is a fun pop song. saying she has never made good or interesting music though is factually incorrect as pre-witness was hit after hit after hit. i would LOVE for her to go back to her early OOTB sound as that is when i started listening to her and love that rock infused sound. she has such a good voice for it

regarding the reviews, i honestly think (as they do with almost every artist) news sites are piggybacking off the drama for clicks, knowing controversial headlines and content brings viewers and revenue. instead of saying anything meaningful, they use buzzwords like flop and catastrophe, which is just overkill and invalides any persuasive arguments they have about the song. i have seen it alot of twitter today where pop accounts are just tweeting negative things for ad-share revenue. just boriiiinggggggg

also don’t blame her for the sexual imagery. embracing post pregnancy body can feel liberating for women so i don’t really see the issue... its a womans world, truly

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23 - 10/7/23

cheap futuristic aesthetic, cheap lyrics, cheap music made to blow on tik tok and working with someone who has a doubtful personality... thought pink friday 2 would be the only album featuring all of this but katy really outdid herself:lmao:

giphy.gif

i hope she flops and FUCK DR LUKE

anyways, back to your regularly scheduled programming 

55 minutes ago, Embach said:

I think overall, yes but i think a lot of people don't really care because it's not like she's saying fuck the gays. but her use of calling him gay is problematic because she's calling him weak, feminine, and tries tearing down his masculinity in every line by referring back to the chorus of calling him gay for what, 3.5 minutes? 

it's not even a bad song either, i like it actually but it's still annoyingly problematic and just plays on stereotypes. if a guy made a song that said "you're so lesbian and you don't even like girls" and then in the verses named off a bunch of things a girl did that society deems "masculine" or stereotypical for lesbians that this woman did/does it'd be a problem and he'd be cancelled. or if someone did that with a racial situation, we'd reject it and cancel the person. it wouldn't be okay either way and i don't think it should just be okay or get a pass because she's katy perry

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

2 hours ago, Evergreen said:

She's getting the acclaim she deserves :makeup:
image.png

Realized this wasn’t Pitchfork.. WOOPS. They’re still right though

I'm inside of my own human body but I don't feel it yet

I don’t like the song but didn’t Bitchfork literally go bankrupt? Why won’t they die already. 

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

2 hours ago, Embach said:

It is definitely promoting casual homophobia, yes.

49 minutes ago, American Whore said:

I think overall, yes but i think a lot of people don't really care because it's not like she's saying fuck the gays. but her use of calling him gay is problematic because she's calling him weak, feminine, and tries tearing down his masculinity in every line by referring back to the chorus of calling him gay for what, 3.5 minutes? 

it's not even a bad song either, i like it actually but it's still annoyingly problematic and just plays on stereotypes. if a guy made a song that said "you're so lesbian and you don't even like girls" and then in the verses named off a bunch of things a girl did that society deems "masculine" or stereotypical for lesbians that this woman did/does it'd be a problem and he'd be cancelled. or if someone did that with a racial situation, we'd reject it and cancel the person. it wouldn't be okay either way and i don't think it should just be okay or get a pass because she's katy perry

Tbh reading this I kinda agree, it really paints a picture how people took stereotypes in the 2000s society. It's problematic but like you said it's not in that way of homophobic like "fuck the gays" or some shit like that. I still like the song, it just sounds so different from the rest of her songs. I need that song's producer back, I loved the beat.

2.gif

2 hours ago, Evergreen said:

Pitchfork: Katy Perry's "Woman's World" is a monumental catastrophe 

https://pitchfork.com/reviews/tracks/katy-perry-womans-world

THEY KINDA ATE HER UP IM CRINNEEEE

SOPHIE • ARCA • SKY FERREIRA • YEULE • CHARLI XCX • WILL TOLEDO • JAMIE STEWART • CHELSEA WOLFE • YUNG LEAN • ECCO2K • NATURAL SNOW BUILDINGS • EARTHEATER • FIONA APPLE • BJÖRK • ANNA VON HAUSSWOLFF • KRISTIN MICHAEL HAYTER • RICHARD D JAMES • DEADMAU5 • MICHAEL GIRA • LIZ PHAIR • LANA DEL REY • TINASHE • FKA TWIGS • DEATH GRIPS • SNOW STRIPPERS • A. G. COOK • ETHEL CAIN • NICOLE DOLLANGANGER • KATIE JANE GARSIDE • SHYGIRL • BABYMETAL • CARLY RAE JEPSEN • PERFUME • BEYONCÉ • MACHINE GIRL • KILL ALTERS • RINA SAWAYAMA • A$AP ROCKY • FRIENDZONE • JOANNA NEWSOM • JANE REMOVER • UBOA • KATE BUSH • SARAH BONITO • SLAYYYTER • AYESHA EROTICA • CAROLINE POLACHEK • KELELA • DEVONTÉ HYNES • WEYES BLOOD • JULIA HOLTER • COCTEAU TWINS • TORI AMOS • HANNAH DIAMOND • FLORENCE WELCH • GIA MARGRET • SKULLCRUSHER • DEFTONES • KESHA • LORDE • BONNIE MCKEE • COBRAH • GOODSPEED YOU! BLACK EMPEROR • YUNG SHERMAN • SEA OLEENA • POPPY • DEAN BLUNT • DEAR NORA • T.A.T.U. • NAMASENDA • POISON GIRLFRIEND • TOVE LO • ZHEANI • ORTIES • BLADEE • AESPA • BANKS • ONEOHTRIX POINT NEVER • OTAY:ONII • TEAADORA • IMOGEN HEAP • ROSE MELBERG • 

i really wanted katy to have a successful comeback because she was one of my fav pop girlies in the early 2010s . but the way shes been doing all this just doesnt sit right with me for multiple reasons. her comeback single being women's world is so hypocritical in so many reasons & i dont even have to mention the kesha situation.

the music video opening up with her sexualizing rosie the riveter and her background dancers who are also skinny dressing skimpy doesn't seem like the best way to empower women by appealing to the male gaze lol. Katy and the women look hot i dont want to come off like im hating them but i just think so many other artists have portrayed shared women experiences much more accurately lately. some of these are a little different topics but example: skinny by billie ellish, and girl so confusing by charli and lorde.

katy seems stuck in 2012 tbh, obviously women should be empowered by what they wear, but being a woman is more than just dressing in revealing outfits and chanting feminism. it just feels very dated and surface level, like we've moved past this.  she looks amazing and i dont want to hate her but this was not done well.

492482-1.png

♡︎