Chris Cuomo

Katy Perry

The silver lining is that nobody can take the success of her first 3 albums and the absolute cultural reset that was The Sims 3 Katy Perry’s Sweet Treats away from her 

the-sims-3-katy-perry-s-sweet-treats-pc-

eb8fcf3e43206e82abf83c9c01bfcf26.gif

1 hour ago, Coney Island King said:

Pitchfork absolutely decimated her my goodness.  

they were sorta kind to her imo it's the second highest rating for the album, only behind clash magazine

On 9/23/2024 at 7:33 AM, blameitonme said:

143 hate up and down the timeline across every social media, criticism from everyone and their mother oh it’s bad for her

I never could have imagined a worse cultural reception for her than Witness. This is Witness x 1000.

afd75b92a106afc7ae42e7c6aff46bd6.gif

Has a Heart & I Woke Up are so cute. I think the album would have been a little better received if this was more the overall vibe, instead of including songs like Gimme Gimme & Artificial. 

i’m His, He’s Mine & Has a Heart are my 2 faves.. then All the Love :slay:

14417469274.gif

Anyways,

Do we have "Fingerprints" uncensored y'all? :oprah3:

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

https://on.soundcloud.com/CuWEsfKK4McPnNKa9

https://on.soundcloud.com/UEwqRYgLuGMH4b588

I mean… how did we go from BOPs like these to this AI generated album… 

I mean, I know Katy has never been known for her clever or groundbreaking lyrics or production, but she has some unserious little hits here and there! 

I also usually like more her Bonus or unreleased tracks like these! HOYS and MTMM clear anything on Smile or Witness in my opinion 

when she gets it right vocally, she gets it right. and one of her tell's is that u can just hear the authenticity in the emotions when she's singing. 
there just seems to be this huge difference from teenage dream, and even in glimmers of it from prism, and even if smile's just too on the nose of a visual, I can still hear the sincerity and punch and zing of emotion. you can hear it, you can feel it. 

obviously people change. but I kinda wish that Katy visited her past work/ self and wrote more to that. seeing as to how she's lived out her life based off of other's expectations, it'd fit perfectly and would do her some kind of self that she might've been looking for in herself. 

Teary eyes? daisies being a subtle powerhouse of a song w such a great message? hell, even only love on smile. 

feels like the closest we got to that on 143's truth and all the love. i'm his, he's mine's decently balanced. but then the rest of the album's kinda just seems like it's AI music. 
which, i'm sure there's some kind of theme around it. but if she wanted to go that route, maybe have it sound less dated, or even pitch her vocals to make it sound more lively. cus you can have the "don't really care effortless cool" kinda vibe, but it just sounds dated. 

Gorgeous had potential, but I wish they used more interesting production that amplified and played more w her vocals. or at least a key change in there somewhere. 

i want to say that maybe a remix album might be able to bring out this album's potential, but then she has to face the whole dr luke thing if anyone was willing to build from that/ the original songs. 

FSiy5w3.giftumblr_nv0881L0Od1s4fz4bo1_500.gifVvJr.gif

On 04/10/2024 at 22:11, Coney Island King said:

Nothing saves this album, not even a remix version. The album dropped 150 places or something in the UK this week. This album is DOA.

don't be negative 143 is ahead of born to die  in bilboard 200 this week again

he is positioned in 76 (only 70 places lost in his second week) lana  is "only" 82 and only 556 weeks

What a triumph Katy!

Witness is one of my favorite 10s mstream pop albums but THIS is absolute garbage. I'm very sorry for her about the backlash but the reason is that 143 is one of the most tasteless and vapid thing this industry has ever produced. I'm still in a complete incomprehension. If you like it and have a great time listening to it, good for you btw

LDR-ALOHA2.jpg

the fact that the live mix for "Woman's World" sounds so much better than whatever tf this boring, bland, generic ass production we have right now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRC2eXIrNZw

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing