ethelcain

"Tropico" (Scrapped) Album Recording/Writing Timeline and Creative Process Discussion

Tbh this thread makes my brain hurt 

I’m sure Lana (and every artist in existence) has ideas for albums/concepts that pan out

What does speculating about a potentially scrapped album from 10 years ago really do for us? :bebe:

"Don’t forget me"

4 minutes ago, NikoGo said:

I’m sure Lana (and every artist in existence) has ideas for albums/concepts that pan out

What does speculating about a potentially scrapped album from 10 years ago really do for us? :bebe:

I think people are just really fascinated by her vision and her work ethic, and overall talent and ability to craft such specific type of songs so effortlessly. She was NOT lying about churning out novels in Brooklyn Baby. Someone needs to hold her captive and record a 5 hour interview asking her about all of this so we can put it to rest once and for all. :bebe:

16 minutes ago, DinahLee said:

American (a filler she never bothered to perform???)

I'm sorry, I know this is not the point of this post, but she performed American nearly 40 times during the Paradise Tour and it was actually really pretty when she'd sing it sjrkgnsk deserves to be remembered x

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

4 minutes ago, ComebacktoCalifornia said:

The way I pretty much revived this thread by being stupid and thinking I figured out the illegible names is crazy

And I’m confident you did figure out track 12 :whine2:

tumblr-offofn-R8-LN1qj7kyho1-640.gif

.・゜゜・ ⋆·˚ ༘ * GIVE PEACE A CHANCE  ˚ ༘ ⋆。˚ ・゜゜・.

22 minutes ago, NikoGo said:

It helps piece together her thoughts leading up to the creation of her best album :bebe:

1 hour ago, Elle said:

I'm sorry, I know this is not the point of this post, but she performed American nearly 40 times during the Paradise Tour and it was actually really pretty when she'd sing it sjrkgnsk deserves to be remembered x

The way my hatred towards this song just fully erased this memory

1 hour ago, 111 said:

american i'm so sorry sweetie... 

And I managed to be quoted by 111 and Elle!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faRmlzoH_LQ

23 minutes ago, Strangelove said:

Not this again... :lanasrs:. Let's change the name to Tropico Conspiracy Theories sheesh. 

tropico is real it’s rather fake rolex/axl rose/film reel/money & power conspiracy theories 

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

1 minute ago, cartoon eyes said:

Anyone up for word search round 2? K2WshA8.png

From this pic flipped and darkened all the way - I see MELANCHOLIA for sure but not rly sure what else

No way LMAOOOOOOOO

I also see Black Beauty!

tumblr-offofn-R8-LN1qj7kyho1-640.gif

.・゜゜・ ⋆·˚ ༘ * GIVE PEACE A CHANCE  ˚ ༘ ⋆。˚ ・゜゜・.