lanaismamom

"Lust for Life" Album Recording/Writing Timeline and Creative Process Discussion

2 minutes ago, Dior said:

Correct me if I am wrong. 

Your view: Lana will not revisit Malibu and it is scrapped. We know her intention. 

My view: Lana can revisit Malibu in the form of release or reworking. We don't know her intention. 

There isn't a world where I believe Lana can not revisit anything she's recorded or as a fan I know what she intends to do with an unreleased recording. 

Taco Truck x VB already disproves the idea she cannot release scrapped and early versions of songs outright. Okay? 

Wrong but I’m not going to keep going in loops. Have a good night/day depending on where you are!

Just now, Dior said:

Your view: Lana will not revisit Malibu and it is scrapped. We know her intention. 

My view: Lana can revisit Malibu in the form of release or reworking. We don't know her intention. 

now u see that the problem is actually ur view! a win

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

3 minutes ago, Dior said:

There isn't a world where I believe Lana can not revisit anything she's recorded or as a fan I know what she intends to do with an unreleased recording. 

Taco Truck x VB already disproves the idea she cannot release scrapped and early versions of songs outright. Okay? 

i'm sorry that i have to say it again, but nobody here is saying she CAN'T revisit a song, we're just saying it's UNLIKELY or that we can't just automatically assume she's going to, and whether or not it's leaked doesn't even matter because she has revisited and released leaked songs

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

Can these people move these “pro leak vs anti leak” discussion elsewhere… this thread is for discussing the creative process of lust… filthy to see around three pages of people are arguing. If you ought to have a discourse on these topics then go to the random lanz discussion thread dudes and dudettes

1 minute ago, blackenedrussianpoetry said:

Can these people move these “pro leak vs anti leak” discussion elsewhere… this thread is for discussing the creative process of lust… filthy to see around three pages of people are arguing. If you ought to have a discourse on these topics then go to the random lanz discussion thread dudes and dudettes

let the drama around malibu unfold she has been silent for a whole life now shes struggling we need malibu leak har! :oprah4:

From BBC article in 2017 on Malibu. 

Other songs on the album had a more troubled gestation. Del Rey says the closing track, Get Free, originally had a different title, and much more personal lyrics.

"That song started out really revealing," she says. "I wanted to summarise my whole experience over the last six years; and then I realised, I don't want to reveal everything."

Once the initial version was "out of my system", she says, the recording was "deleted completely then started from scratch".

The lyrics became more vague and more hopeful; and the re-recorded version ends with Del Rey referencing Neil Young: "I want to move out of the black, into the blue".

"I think it would have been hard for me to do interviews if I'd said a couple of particular things that I was thinking of," she says of the original.

1 hour ago, Dior said:

I am not new to Lana I am an older fan. Songs can be reworked as I discussed previously. Lana reworked Methamphetamines (very old rough demo type song) into Old Money. Even you said yourself Connection turned into a released song. So it is true that something like Malibu and be revisited and released. I believe she even said this an interview. Also you can look back on other users' posts and they've said her privacy is "not that serious". Also I never said anything was wrong or right I simply said it was obsessive and abnormal behavior which is a fact. I will let you and other users do the mental gymnastics on how you can respect her privacy while wishing a lot she intentionally deleted to respect her privacy to leak. It simply does not make any sense. 

Side note sorry if you guys are trolling and I am falling for the bait too much. 

what do you not get, malibu was reworked into get free whats not clicking

2 minutes ago, Dior said:

Why gaslight? It's literally what you said man. Whatever.

its not gaslight its just the chain of a common sense facts

dont put venice bitch demo into this discussion this kind of stuff she would do once in a lifetime, that was an exclusive thing and doesn’t matter there a chance in future of her reusing

CONCEPT DEMO of a RELEASED SONGS

Yes this is why im kinda trolling because i dont see this to happen in a life time sorry this is Just the peak of delusions

33 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

according to @Wait For Life people have it :coffee:

yea yea I saw! :excited: 

What I meant is if she deleted it back then for it being too intimate then what are the chances of her reusing it now or in the future? BUT lately her work has gotten so much more personal, especially with songs like Fingertips and The Grants, that maybe now even Malibu isn't too personal to release or reference (in a TTxVB sorta way) :gasp: I don't see it happening though (even though I would absolutely love it)

29 minutes ago, Candy Necklace said:

You’re right, but the point I’m trying to make is hay there hasn’t been two separate songs made from one concept demo. Like there isn’t two releases songs from Connection, there’s only Nectar of the Gods. The demo in TT x VB is literally a demo and not a separate song stemming from the same concept demo @Dior so no it doesn’t invalidate what I’m trying to say

Yea I definitely agree with you. Even though shes reworked songs a bunch in the past with unreleased, once its released and out it seems like its set in stone. The most she'll do is reference past songs but I don't see her making a complete new song out of Malibu. And even if she did I don't think a leak would stop her  2c5QNT5.png

Y0jLcfB.gif.˚₊‧.༻𓆩❤︎𓆪 My love's pourin' 𓆩‪‪❤︎𓆪༺.‧₊˚. yxuiMLe.gif
34h2wyS.gif

°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||Like a waterfall.||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||

1:32━━━━━♡────2:42

⇆ | ◁◁ ▐ ▌ ▷▷ | ↺