mybluenectarofthegods389

“Honeymoon” Album Recording/Writing Timeline and Creative Process Discussion

On 7/17/2023 at 2:32 PM, Embach said:

Idk I somehow remember that the name itself was debunked somewhere (by Honeymouns?) but i'm starting to doubt it. Idk.

Do you know something about it @lanaismamom or even @Unknown?

So we only have one demo of The Blackest Day by Ajay and the title of that original file is "Blackest Day Ajay". The song was also titled as "Blackest Days" in other places. Never seen or heard  the title Blackest of days anywhere tho so thats probably fake?

tumblr_mx1rynpDqV1rh0xc7o1_500.gif

10 minutes ago, Unknown said:

So we only have one demo of The Blackest Day by Ajay and the title of that original file is "Blackest Day Ajay". The song was also titled as "Blackest Days" in other places. Never seen or heard  the title Blackest of days anywhere tho so thats probably fake?

Thank you dear!

url%5D

On 6/19/2023 at 1:14 AM, Unknown said:

Honeymoon sessions

September 2014 - December 2014

• California
  • Crazy For You
  • Honeymoon
  • Freak
  • Soft Ice Cream (Salvatore)
  • 24 Hours
  • Swan Song
  • Blackest Day
  • Pink Flamingos (Music To Watch Boys To)
  • Dark City 
  • Dead To Me
  • I Can Fly (rework of original 2013 demo)

2015 songs (completed by June 2015)

• High By The Beach
  • Terrence Loves You
  • Cry Kill Die
  • Come With Me
  • Paradise
  • If I Die Young
  • Religion
  • Art Deco
  • God Knows I Tried 

Other Info

Big Eyes demo is from August 2014

Terrence Loves You had 2 alternate titles, "Jazz N Blues" and "Violet Sings The Blues" 

we need the bold songs to leak for Xmass!!

Terrence Loves You had 2 alternate titles, "Jazz N Blues" and "Violet Sings The Blues" 

I recently realised that she says "jazz and blues" in Salvatore too, so I understand why she changed it, although it would've been iconic ("jazz and blues" was like the "candle in the wind" of Honeymoon era).

Violet Sings The Blues would've been legendary though, it got me thinking that maybe Violet is her? Maybe Violet is Lizzy? In Patent Leather Do-Over she mentions Violet who was a blonde woman. She was blonde when she was Lizzy Grant and she dyed her hair black when she was already Lana Del Rey. Maybe it was Lizzy who bent backwards over the grass? She mentions violets (not the name) in Honeymoon title track though. But yeah, just thoughts...

url%5D

Honeymoon sessions

• California
  • Crazy For You
  • Honeymoon
  • Freak
  • 24 Hours
  • Swan Song
  • Blackest Day
  • Dark City 
  • Dead To Me

• High By The Beach
  • Terrence Loves You
  • Cry Kill Die
  • Come With Me
  • Paradise
  • If I Die Young
  • Religion
  • Art Deco
  • God Knows I Tried 

Other Info

omg lana was lying again? from 2014 we have 12 songs but from a billboard interview from jan 6, 2015 there was said: "Lana Del Rey has nine songs written for her next album, Honeymoon -- four of which "the production is perfect I'm looking for a few more songs to tie everything together". as a non-native english speaker, I understood that she meant that 4 songs out of 9 have perfect production, right?

the article: https://www.billboard.com/music/music-news/lana-del-rey-big-eyes-honeymoon-album-interview-6429534/

url%5D

2 minutes ago, Embach said:

omg lana was lying again? from 2014 we have 12 songs but from a billboard interview from jan 6, 2015 there was said: "Lana Del Rey has nine songs written for her next album, Honeymoon -- four of which "the production is perfect I'm looking for a few more songs to tie everything together". as a non-native english speaker, I understood that she meant that 4 songs out of 9 have perfect production, right?

the article: https://www.billboard.com/music/music-news/lana-del-rey-big-eyes-honeymoon-album-interview-6429534/

i think it’s accurate if we don’t count i can fly, dark city as rough unfinished song and maybe she didn’t count crazy for you or dead to me, more likely crazy for you since she reused melody in honeymoon again

also that one carcass said in march that honeymoon demos are mostly boring because they are mostly the same and named art deco demo as the most different and interesting one

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

i wonder if there are more outtakes from that era :um2:

also the mystery of beautiful people demo...

@Unknown was Beautiful People demo meant for Honeymoon album too or was it meant for Big Eyes movie only?

also is STINT's say yes to heaven from 2014 or 2015? @lanaismamom do you know about that?

url%5D

1 minute ago, Embach said:

@Unknown was Beautiful People demo meant for Honeymoon album too or was it meant for Big Eyes movie only?

i imagine there’s none tbh i’m surprised there are outtakes even exist tbh

2 minutes ago, Embach said:

also is STINT's say yes to heaven from 2014 or 2015? @lanaismamom do you know about that?

stint one should be 2014 because that’s when album had more disco and beat driven direction

I wonder if Fine China was worked for Honeymoon too since it was reworked for Lust For Life and Say Yes To Heaven was also reworked :um2:

url%5D

3 minutes ago, Embach said:

I wonder if Fine China was worked for Honeymoon too since it was reworked for Lust For Life and Say Yes To Heaven was also reworked :um2:

i wondered that too but i doubt and most likely no

The fact that at this point last year- excluding demos and SYTH, we had 1 outtake (If I Die Young) and now we have 4 more (Crazy For You, California, Cry Kill Die, Come With Me):defeated:and I just now realized they all start with C :delish2: Also someone leak the final version of CFY pls and thx :kiss3:

On 6/18/2023 at 3:43 PM, mybluenectarofthegods389 said:

January 13, 2015: Lana records Paradise

like wtfffffffff i thought paradise was made much earlier, thats so crazy

tumblr_static_7g61u4n53vk0808w440k8gwoo.

*:・゚✧:・゚✧ i catch you on the flipside ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 

18 minutes ago, Candy Necklace said:

The fact that at this point last year- excluding demos and SYTH, we had 1 outtake (If I Die Young) and now we have 4 more (Crazy For You, California, Cry Kill Die, Come With Me):defeated:and I just now realized they all start with C :delish2: Also someone leak the final version of CFY pls and thx :kiss3:

leak Cark City next

Are all the STINT demos from 2014?

I believe they are all from 2015. Rick and Lana recorded the songs that were later reworked by STINT from September-December 2014, minus God Knows I Tried. Just like she did with her demos from UV, she let other producers do some additional work on the songs previously recorded by Rick. The STINT demo of Freak clearly builds on Ricks production. 

STINT's demos are likely from EARLY 2015. They were likely done after God Knows I Tried was written and recorded by Rick and Lana (unless he didn't produce that version). She is known for usually going back to her original ideas and concepts after letting others work on the songs.

On 9/6/2023 at 6:53 PM, Embach said:

Interviews tend to get published a few months after they were done. So, probably November. 

On 6/18/2023 at 6:14 PM, Unknown said:

Honeymoon sessions

• California
  • Crazy For You
  • Honeymoon
  • Freak
  • 24 Hours
  • Swan Song
  • Blackest Day
  • Dark City 
  • Dead To Me

• High By The Beach
  • Terrence Loves You
  • Cry Kill Die
  • Come With Me
  • Paradise
  • If I Die Young
  • Religion
  • Art Deco
  • God Knows I Tried 

Other Info

Only these three left to leak :dua:

On 9/6/2023 at 12:53 PM, Embach said:

I have a list of 10 songs that was sent to a producer for additional production so maybe Lana was referring to those? 

Crazy For You

Freak

Get High (High by the Beach)

God Knows I Tried

Honeymoon

Ice Cream (Salvatore)

Pink Flamingos (MTWBT)

Religion

Say Yes To Heaven

Swan Song

Steam Community :: :: The Lindsay Lohan