Elle

LDR10 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

this is exciting because we can expect any sound really from this album, since, according to jack, they've been making some more "strange" stuff, but at the same time it's also nerve-racking that we don't know what we may get :tommy:

꧁ღ⊱♥ i lost my reputation, i forgot my truth, but i have my beauty and i have my youth ♥⊱ღ꧂

BRILLIANT.gif

1 minute ago, honeymo0n said:

this is exciting because we can expect any sound really from this album, since, according to jack, they've been making some more "strange" stuff, but at the same time it's also nerve-racking that we don't know what we may get :tommy:

wait im not caught up… where did he say “strange” :pout:

i would love for ldr10 to be half jazzy, a mix of honeymoon (album) with buddy's rendezvous and the other half like if cherry and a&w had a child, overall eerie vibes like in candy necklace and make it sexy and sluty, maybe jon batiste involvement would help it 

SFP2h.gif

time to make up a tack list for funnnn:

1. The Del Reys

2. Music To Watch Girls

3. Sofa

4. Let the Dark in (From Cali)

5. Father vs. Mother - Interlude

6. Divided

7. The Fame - Interlude (half jazzy half 808s)

8. Canadian Whore

9. French Whore

10. NYC love (Whore Version)

11. Come back to Cali

12. The beach - Interlude

13. Serial Killer x Cherry

14. Summer of Sex

15. Summertime Happiness

16. Is this happiness? - yes

17. Flipside (Flipped and Remixed)

Edited by pehhg
is the summer of sam back in 69

10 minutes ago, pehhg said:

time to make up a tack list for funnnn:

1. The Del Reys

2. Music To Watch Girls

3. Sofa

4. Let the Dark in (From Cali)

5. Father vs. Mother - Interlude

6. Divided

7. The Fame - Interlude (half jazzy half 808s)

8. Canadian Whore

9. French Whore

10. NYC love (Whore Version)

11. Come back to Cali

12. The beach - Interlude

13. Serial Killer x Cherry

14. Summer of Sex

15. Summertime Happiness

16. Is this happiness? - yes

17. Flipside (Flipped and Remixed)

Don’t let Nessa Barrett see this 

reminiscing abt when i uploaded a screenshot of my email to musixmatch and spotify so i could prove that i was sorry for uploading fake lyrics to @Blossom

those were truly the days of LDR 9 pre release, i fear i may never top that

the earth shattered, the sky opened

tumblr_p594n81oiC1x11ydmo2_400.gif

that rain was fire, but we were wooden

Just now, BartenderDeco said:

something is definitely happening cause this isn’t something lana would do, ben def told her

I guess she’s leaving insta for good and they wanted some form of communication with fans - not through email. 

giphy.gif

5 hours ago, Thats why they call me Dita said:

I was literally thinking this on my drive to work.. I would die for a completely seamless album.. but I bet it’s hard work lol

I’m still malding over the fact that on the physical record (vinyl) that they are different sides so you can’t listen to it uninterrupted :icant:

3 hours ago, Marius said:

I guess she’s leaving insta for good and they wanted some form of communication with fans - not through email. 

Mother should unironically start a tumblr account and bring on the tumblr revival 

7 hours ago, Thunder Revenant said:

I really do not want Jack as the main producer for LDR 10.

I LOVE NFR and I think his impact on this great album can't be denied. However, I feel like the reason for this is that that album thrives on the newly discovered chemistry between Jack and Lana, they inspired each other a lot and therefore created something exciting and new (similar to what habend with Dan Auerbach for UV).

This spark is however missing from a lot of the stuff they did afterwards. You can still hear it on standout tracks like White Dress or A&W - but both of these were tracks Lana and Jack singled out as exciting collaborations themselves.

For most of the rest of their work together, it feels more like Lana had hin since she likes him and feels comfortable working with him. But that also meant he gave the "standard Antonoff treatment" to her demos and - at least in my opinion - that leads to a rather bleak and unexciting output.

When Lana worked with  Rick as her "comfort zone producer", it still felt like he was giving the songs a much more unique, Lana-specific sound. Jack on the other hand has a temdency of making everything sound alike, with a kinda vague and non-committing quality. 

I’d actually enjoy seeing her work with someone like Aaron Dessner. I’ve always wanted Lana to do more of an indie-rock album (with a Lana flair obvs). I’m also a fan of The National and the magic he created with TS (Folklore/Evermore/Midnights 3AM).

I feel like they would make some interesting music together. Through in Dan as well (cause UV is honestly my FAV alongside NFR & BB) and I feel like they’d make magic