Elle

LDR10 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

I just want a fairly different sound :wub: like with her albums before, I felt that they were each really categorised by a unique sound, but that's kinda been missing post-NFR, though I did feel like a lot of OB was completely different for her

If Rick came back I think so many people would be disappointed. I am 100% Rick has changed a lot as an artist and producer since 2017, the same way Lana has. I think assuming they would come together and create things like they use to is unrealistic. Especially given their most recent song together is Bartender…

21 minutes ago, Evergreen said:

Rick is one breath away from death and I'm sure he's at the point where he's starting to confuse Lana Del Rey with Jennifer Coolidge. Let him rest.

The ageism :teehee:

For some of us Rick is our favourite producer & it would be nice to get him back for a few songs at least, just to see what they would do together now & bc we love his team & production style & skills. I agree that some people probably will be disappointed & that Rick is not the youngest anymore ( he is like 63 but it's not that old  ). But in the end if Lana wants to do piano ballads she will , if she wants to do something else she will, no matter who the producer is she is working with (as she should) & people just prefer different producers & their producing styles. And you can’t deny the fact that he is talented.

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

1 minute ago, Candy Necklace said:

What he’s not even that old :air:

he's only 63, that's not that old, he's younger than Cher and Cher is still amazing

J7ydenn Lana Del Rey GIF - J7ydenn Lana Del Rey Honeymoon - Discover &  Share GIFs

dreaming away your life

I remember when some of the users (probably a Jack fan) here made a joke that Rick has dementia and is living in the retirement house and I believed it :crying4: 63 isn't definitely mega old, why some of the people pretend that he's Prince Philip in his final years 💀

Currently, if I remember it right, Rick is working with an Eurovision artist who became famous through tiktok but in his Insta posts about Lana (especially when she dropped Say Yes To Heaven) it is clear that he misses Lana a lot

url%5D

2 minutes ago, Embach said:

I remember when some of the users (probably a Jack fan) here made a joke that Rick has dementia and is living in the retirement house and I believed it :crying4: 63 isn't definitely mega old, why some of the people pretend that he's Prince Philip in his final years 💀

Well... We don't have a proof that he is NOT there. :oprah3:

5 minutes ago, Embach said:

Currently, if I remember it right, Rick is working with an Eurovision artist who became famous through tiktok but in his Insta posts about Lana (especially when she dropped Say Yes To Heaven) it is clear that he misses Lana a lot

yess he reposted a video of a recent young and beautiful live performance and a fan insta account posted that he's been liking their posts! Idk I think he and Lana still have the potential to work well together, he's worked on many genres and I feel like he has a wide repertoire he can pull from

also like george clooney is 62 and this year is the first time I found him actually handsome help, he's looking good 

J7ydenn Lana Del Rey GIF - J7ydenn Lana Del Rey Honeymoon - Discover &  Share GIFs

dreaming away your life

There was a while there when Lana really set the pace in her own way, musically speaking, she was a force, provocative and exciting, and I feel she's lost that.

I know she's in a "doing the laundry-walking home from the mall-meeting for coffee-waitressing at Waffle House" mode, and while I'm glad she's happier--presumably--"A&W" certainly didn't suggest that if in any way autobiographical--I'd like to hear something edgier and with a little more distance from her actual life, like 'Serene Queen,' that sort of a sound, something fresh and clear. 

I'm not the biggest fan of 'OB'--it doesn't sound 'hip' to my ear, except for 'Taco Truck,' which fizzles too soon to become 'VB.' So I'd like to see her go less in that direction, and start fresh with a totally new producer. 

63 is definitely not old--'60 its the new 40'--look at Joan Baez, still going strong at 82, Bob Dylan, 82, did some of his best work on his last album, and while Joni Mitchell has had a lot of health issues, she's at least on stage again. Blondie, led by 78 year-old Debbie Harry, just toured Britain, and that takes a lot of energy. Poor Glenn Frey was only 67 when he died, his voice still in perfect shape. DNA and lifestyle factor a lot. 

If LDR works with Rick again, that's fine by me, but I'd rather see her start over with a new producer. Something fresh. Nothing muddy. Nothing repetitive. 

I thought 'Blue Banisters' sounded good without Jack; I don't think he's anything like an absolute necessity to her present or future.

If we're talking about Rick, I actually realised how many hits he has produced, from the 80s, 90s, 00s and so on. I really love this song he produced which I listened to a lot when I was a kid. IF he's one of the producers in LDR10, I'm manifesting these vibes :hair:

url%5D

we've had jack hate every pre-release, but the rick hate is not something that i expected to see when i opened this thread :horror:

꧁ღ⊱♥ i lost my reputation, i forgot my truth, but i have my beauty and i have my youth ♥⊱ღ꧂

BRILLIANT.gif

4 minutes ago, Candy Necklace said:

Exactly. Older than Lana and her new collaborators for sure but not old old

She is 14 years older than Rick. In 'the autumn years,' that's a lifetime. 

"I WANT RICK BACK!!!"

*Rick and Lana create Bartender together*

NO, NOT LIKE THAT!

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Yeah he's not that old LMAO! but I wouldn't want a whole album produced with him, just because we don't know if it would be the same as the previous eras. I'm kinda thinkin it wouldn't be bc the last song was bartender, and the production isn't really special? if yk what I mean

Mm9Nf5Z.gif

"I want to stay home, be left alone- Someone make up my mind so I don't have to decide"

https://www.last.fm/user/fakeeyelash13- my last fm <33