Elle

LDR10 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

11 minutes ago, Jared said:

Lana's fans when she ditches Jack for some new producer they dislike even more:

cbd644b99249cc9e69f3b85245447d9d.gif

We won't know for sure until that happens. Let's and try and see. :kiss2:

1 hour ago, Good Intentions said:

I like Rick's "old school" production more than most of Jack's stuff. He has a lot of experience and knows what the listeners want.

As if Lana gives two shits about “what listeners want”. If you don’t understand that after the last 4 albums she’s released then some of you are hopeless :rip: 

also this site is so unhinged I can’t believe we’re already fighting in the pre pre release thread like nature is healing

46 minutes ago, honeymoon is alive said:

literally some users here thinks that if he comes back we'll have another btd or another honeymoon like you guys should just get over it, if lana wanted some sound like that again she would go for it with any producer 

I never heard someone say bring Rick back so he can do a BTD 2.0. He is only credited on 3 BTD songs as a producer btw. And because people want one of their fave producers to return doesn't mean that they all want HM 2.0 or hate every single non Rick song she released since then. Jesus it's really forbidden  to say I would like a song made with a previous producer again on this website:awk:

It would just be nice to hear what they would be able to create if they hypothetically worked together again.

I really don't know where the sudden Rick hate comes from. 

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

I swear some of y'all have this sort of virtual Stockholm syndrome with Jack Antonoff/Laura Sisk (and if I'm being an equal opportunity offender, even Rick Nowels), I get that they both have their respective appeal and they've both created their own legacy within the Lana fanbase--but there is a world outside of these two producers. It's time for a change.

I like Zach Dawes but if he produced a full album idk how I'd feel about it because in *bigger perspective* his songs are more mellow but like if there were 4-5 tracks of Zach then I'm in :true:

url%5D

13 minutes ago, Ultraviolencez said:

when the next album is produced by jack only

We listen to it first & then we can judge

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

I rlly don't care what producers we get tbh. I just want someone new to come in, as well as drew coming back to produce some songs

Mm9Nf5Z.gif

"I want to stay home, be left alone- Someone make up my mind so I don't have to decide"

https://www.last.fm/user/fakeeyelash13- my last fm <33

3 hours ago, Evergreen said:

Rick is one breath away from death and I'm sure he's at the point where he's starting to confuse Lana Del Rey with Jennifer Coolidge. Let him rest.

i'm really sorry for anyone who thinks being in your 60's is a death sentence

Aaron Dessner and Lana would be interesting honestly. I know that some of you don't like folk but he seems to delve into more folk rock than Jack. He helped to bring out more interesting from Taylor. Also imagine if Lana collabs w Bon Iver :hdu:

url%5D

14 minutes ago, Ocean Boulevard said:

I never heard someone say bring Rick back so he can do a BTD 2.0. He is only credited on 3 BTD songs as a producer btw. And because people want one of their fave producers to return doesn't mean that they all want HM 2.0 or hate every single non Rick song she released since then. Jesus it's really forbidden  to say I would like a song made with a previous producer again on this website:awk:

It would just be nice to hear what they would be able to create if they hypothetically worked together again.

I really don't know where the sudden Rick hate comes from. 

yeah you totally didn't get my point and that's ok

6 minutes ago, Embach said:

Aaron Dessner and Lana would be interesting honestly. I know that some of you don't like folk but he seems to delve into more folk rock than Jack. He helped to bring out more interesting from Taylor. Also imagine if Lana collabs w Bon Iver :hdu:

I would love to see what they would do together

Mm9Nf5Z.gif

"I want to stay home, be left alone- Someone make up my mind so I don't have to decide"

Just now, Orville Peck said:

a reliable source said that LDR10 will be produced by Hayden Anhedönia. :hdu:

Imagine if it was true tho :smile4: oh it would be an album of infinity

url%5D

In one of her interviews this year, Lana did say that the process of making albums with Rick existed in a "vacuum" of sorts –– and that's not to say that that's a bad thing at all. Those earlier albums are meticulously arranged and contain a lot of intentionality in their presentation, which requires some level of spatial distance from things to really focus ("in this town, an artist really needs a lot of space when they're trying to create something special," as Lana said in the Lust for Life trailer). But it's clear that Lana operates communally and has really leaned into the experience of making an album for the sake of sharing ideas within a community of songwriters –– that's evident in how she speaks of her crew in Echo Park (Drew Erickson, Zach Dawes, Benji Lysaght, Dean Reid, etc.) and of Jack Antonoff. Her recording music with local musicians and instrumentalists in Alabama really hones in on this idea of making music for the sake of the experience, rather than just the final product –– and I think that breathes a different kind of life into the music, as though the context transforms the way it's listened to. So it's just cool to be on that journey with her –– and this is not to preach from any high horse or anything, but I think you enjoy the music more when you just let it be released without any expectation of what you think it should sound like. (But I get that that's simply the paradox of being a devoted fan, so there's no way to completely get rid of that). 

2 minutes ago, Orville Peck said:

a reliable source said that LDR10 will be produced by Hayden Anhedönia. :hdu:

This is going to happen.:pray2:

Mm9Nf5Z.gif