Elle

LDR10 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

1 minute ago, IanadeIrey said:

In one of her interviews this year, Lana did say that the process of making albums with Rick existed in a "vacuum" of sorts –– and that's not to say that that's a bad thing at all. Those earlier albums are meticulously arranged and contain a lot of intentionality in their presentation, which requires some level of spatial distance from things to really focus ("in this town, an artist really needs a lot of space when they're trying to create something special," as Lana said in the Lust for Life trailer). But it's clear that Lana operates communally and has really leaned into the experience of making an album for the sake of sharing ideas within a community of songwriters –– that's evident in how she speaks of her crew in Echo Park (Drew Erickson, Zach Dawes, Benji Lysaght, Dean Reid, etc.) and of Jack Antonoff. Her recording music with local musicians and instrumentalists in Alabama really hones in on this idea of making music for the sake of the experience, rather than just the final product –– and I think that breathes a different kind of life into the music, as though the context transforms the way it's listened to. So it's just cool to be on that journey with her –– and this is not to preach from any high horse or anything, but I think you enjoy the music more when you just let it be released without it any expectation of what you think it should sound like. (But I get that that's simply the paradox of being a devoted fan, so there's no way to completely get rid of that). 

You wrote it perfectly! :flutter: You would be a brilliant journalist or an author <3

url%5D

6 minutes ago, honeymoon is alive said:

yeah you totally didn't get my point and that's ok

Maybe I was too annoyed by other posts on here sorry love:kiss2:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

when lana sees us arguing over which producer should work on LDR10 and instead produces the album by herself on garageband

꧁ღ⊱♥ i lost my reputation, i forgot my truth, but i have my beauty and i have my youth ♥⊱ღ꧂

BRILLIANT.gif

1 hour ago, Jared said:

Lana's fans when she ditches Jack for some new producer they dislike even more:

cbd644b99249cc9e69f3b85245447d9d.gif

exactly. look already how everyone hated blue banisters and suddenly had good things to say about jack... til he came back for ocean blvd despite them at the same time praising the production on a&w... and i remember back during the lust for life era when everyone was over rick but wanted him back as soon as he was gone. some lana fans just want what they can't have and never appreciate her albums or producers til she's moved on to another one

24928f7b69cee0fe13500ed529054686.gif

30 minutes ago, honeymo0n said:

when lana sees us arguing over which producer should work on LDR10 and instead produces the album by herself on garageband

when she gives us an album full of raw laptop demos :oprah:

23 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

Andrew Watt is the producer I wish she’d give a call for a bop or two :bodyisready:

Honestly I'm still wondering if there are Andrew Watt NFR outtakes around since he produced two bops from NFR - FIILY and Doin Time

url%5D

13 minutes ago, DCooper said:

The years pass, yet the conversations in every pre-release remain the same :wowcry:

until lana makes “classic lana” music again people will keep saying the same thing. it’s been like this since nfr. i doubt lana is ever gonna go back to those “classic” sounds and melodies, we get glimpses of it in her recent works (ie candy necklace) but right now she’s very happy to create music with a bunch of different people and keep the production simple to express her writing rather than to be glamorous, dreamy, or melancholic. then again with lana you never know what she’ll put out 🤷‍♀️ i’m personally still hoping for a rock album in the future, we’ll see what happens.

we’re gonna party like it’s 1949

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀  ⠀          ⠀     :¨ ·.· ¨:

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀   ⠀                  `· . ꔫ

i think so that we can't be biased and don't know what to expect lana should just work with some unknown producers who have only worked on obscure underground records that had limited releases and aren't on streaming services

4 minutes ago, summer bummer said:

the negativity towards both rick and jack is kinda insane in here :awkney:

as well as the negativity towards an album that probably isn't even fully finished yet :awkney:

꧁ღ⊱♥ i lost my reputation, i forgot my truth, but i have my beauty and i have my youth ♥⊱ღ꧂

BRILLIANT.gif

2 minutes ago, cherrytropico said:

until lana makes “classic lana” music again people will keep saying the same thing. it’s been like this since nfr.

idk about on lanaboards, but on other social media fans have been complaining about wanting "classic lana" back since uv. ultraviolence was too raw and not pop enough but then honeymoon was too boring and slow and not edgy anymore but then lust for life was too pop and too happy and not authentic enough but then norman wasn't cinematic enough and too unpolished but then chemtrails was too boring and simple and conventional but then blue banisters was too all over the place and unpolished and the songs were written too much like poems. and ever since uv fans claim every new album is the one where she's trying to hard to please the critics. its become super predictable