Elle

LDR10 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

I agree that cohesion is important in a record (HM and Chemtrails are my faves for a reason) but luckily even in her least cohesive albums the songs are still somehow grouped in a way. For example LFL has a lot of different sounds but they are like segments of the album (the classic Lana tracks + ballads, the folky songs and the bops). Same with Ocean which in my opinion is really cohesive, it's just that the last 3 tracks are way different than the rest of the album :hide:

I feel like Lana has a too distinct and iconic sound to ever do a truly not cohesive record like it sometimes happens with artists that just create playlist-like albums with songs that are given to them.

I think songwriters as a whole usually have a minimum cohesion on their records just by the fact that they tend to be in a particular headspace when creating their albums :true:

giphy.gif

I'm not that smart, but I've got things to say...

Most likely it's unpopular opinion, but it would be wonderful to hear something in the vibes of the "Solar Power" album with some things that we're already known: (desired tracklist)

• 3-4 brand new songs

Sunshine with Rob

Zodiac with John

Prettiest Girl in Country Music with Nikki (or something new)

Hey Blue Baby with Jack

Take Me Home Country Road

• Couple NFR outtakes (as we understood from the interview with Jack, there can be a lot of)

For K, pt.2 (2023 remastered) (LOL, but why not)

I think it would make something pretty cohesive, which Lana would have been glad or happy about at the moment (or would she cancel it like other spontaneous projects:oic2:). Perhaps it'll not be met as coldly as the chemtrails, which she clearly liked....

1 minute ago, Rock Candy said:

I'm not smart, but I got things to say...

Most likely it's unpopular opinion, but it would be wonderful to hear something in the vibes of the "Solar Power" album with some things that we're already known: (desired tracklist)

• 3-4 brand new songs

Sunshine with Rob

Zodiac with John

Prettiest Girl in Country Music with Nikki (or something new)

Hey Blue Baby with Jack

• Couple NFR outtakes (as we understood from the interview with Jack, there can be a lot of)

For K, pt.2 (2023 remastered) (LOL, but why not)

I think it would make something pretty cohesive, which Lana would have been glad or happy about at the moment (or would she cancel it like other spontaneous projects:oic2:). Perhaps it'll not be met as coldly as the chemtrails, which she clearly liked....

from the sounds it it zodiac would NOT fit into that concept :pout:

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23 - 10/7/23

32 minutes ago, Rock Candy said:

Я не настолько умен, но мне есть что сказать...

Скорее всего, это непопулярное мнение, но было бы замечательно услышать что-нибудь из флюидов альбома "Solar Power" с некоторыми вещами, которые нам уже известны: (желаемый трек-лист)

• 3-4 совершенно новых песни

Солнечный свет с Робом

Зодиак с Джоном

Самая красивая девушка в музыке кантри с Никки (или что-то новенькое)

Привет, Голубая Крошка с Джеком

Отвези Меня Домой Проселочной дорогой

• Пара исходов из NFR (как мы поняли из интервью с Джеком, их может быть много)

Для K, часть 2 (ремастеринг 2023 года) (ЛОЛ, но почему бы и нет)

Я думаю, из этого получилось бы что-то довольно связное, чему Лана была бы рада в данный момент (или она бы отменила это, как другие спонтанные проекты:oic2:). Возможно, это будет встречено не так холодно, как химтрейлы, которые ей явно понравились....

and of course Fine China but called  Bittersweet

Anthem.

Yeah:agree:

Spoiler

I think I'm wasting your time, so I'm sorry. Have a good day/night:twirls:

6 hours ago, Rock Candy said:

My wet dream is for her to do an album with the classic songs + new songs with Father John Misty, akin to the two they have already done. 
But idk, I feel like it is in this era specifically that it is hard to predict if she is actually going to change the direction or not. Theoretically, she could do a trap-esque album like the last few songs on OB, the main culprit here is that she herself said during one of the meetings with her fans recently that she has been told that people actually did not like the latter half of OB as much (the fans of course told her that its not true), but if she actually thinks it is true, it might influence her not to go in the trap direction. 

dont think she'll stay deep in the COCC, BB lane for any longer, but where she is going to go - I have no idea. I honestly hope for some conceptual side projects, like the classics album or an album done with another collaborator, or a psychedelic album akin to the the last few OB songs (+AW). I wish she made a visual album tbh. Just something that would shake things up and have a strong conceptual aspect to it that she would stick to. 

One last thing actually... Since her team obv sees that her unreleases are huge on TT an
d streaming, she might feel encouraged to do a bit of fan service in this sense and drop a record that is fan service-y in nature

On 8/3/2023 at 9:44 PM, YourGirl666 said:

Cry Kill Die

1. Baby Won't You Call Them Cops On Me

2. Cry Kill Die

3. Invite (feat. Doja Cat)

4. Those Gucci Bitches in Hawaii

5. Pantyhouse Thriller

6. Dangerous Girl

7. I'm Not In A Hurry

8. Nikita

9. Cherry Lipstick 

10. 4Ever Young In Paradise

11. Hot Like The Tropics

12. Lights, Camera, Acción

13. Peaches x TT

A 90s erotic thriller inspired femme fatale revenge trap/hip hop/trip hop album would be such a vibe

Cherry Lipstick sounds like a invite!

whatarecoloris.jpg

Probably unpopular, but I don’t want a visual album: MV aren’t as huge as they used to be for any artist (even artists who were doing many with each era are now significantly downsizing their number and scope) and labels pretty much don’t know what to do with them, in their promo campaigns. In our constant need of something new, an artist’s era can’t drag on for two years like it used to and having lots of MVs for an era would only do that. 

From a Lana POV, let’s all remember how long it took for Tropico to be made :tsk: For a visual album to have impact, it needs to be bold and released when the album is out. Plus with her latest comment on IG, I doubt Interscope will allow her to have lots of costly mvs for the next eras :tsk: (which is a shame because she served us some of her best mvs in the last two years). 

4 hours ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

Anyways, I’m glad OB got a bigger sound and I sure hope LDR10 will follow that, with some experimentation / alternative sounds

I think that is what she seemingly wants to do, since so much of OB is about collaborations and using instrumentals from other artists, so at least she is open to experiments, which is good. Lets hope she finds herself a new collaborator... 
do we actually have any tea as to why she stopped working with rick nowels btw? Other than her just wanting someone new and fresh to work with...

Also tbh the last few songs on OB sound like a pretty strong conceptual direction for a new record, aside from the non existent instrumentals (thanks Jack).

8 minutes ago, tienmej said:

do we actually have any tea as to why she stopped working with rick nowels btw? Other than her just wanting someone new and fresh to work with...

She just met Jack and Jack had like million ideas for her, so they couldn't stop working. Also I think since Honeymoon era to late 2017, she and Rick made like a lot of songs and I feel like they just burned out

url%5D

On 8/4/2023 at 11:44 AM, YourGirl666 said:

Cry Kill Die

1. Baby Won't You Call Them Cops On Me

2. Cry Kill Die

3. Invite (feat. Doja Cat)

4. Those Gucci Bitches in Hawaii

5. Pantyhouse Thriller

6. Dangerous Girl

7. I'm Not In A Hurry

8. Nikita

9. Cherry Lipstick 

10. 4Ever Young In Paradise

11. Hot Like The Tropics

12. Lights, Camera, Acción

13. Peaches x TT

A 90s erotic thriller inspired femme fatale revenge trap/hip hop/trip hop album would be such a vibe

When she reworks unreleased LFL track "Gucci" for Those Gucci Bitches in Hawaii>>

1 hour ago, Embach said:

She just met Jack and Jack had like million ideas for her, so they couldn't stop working. Also I think since Honeymoon era to late 2017, she and Rick made like a lot of songs and I feel like they just burned out

What happened to those million ideas after NFR?

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

1 hour ago, Embach said:

That’s my feeling too. Plus she seems to have a very friendship kinda of relationship with Jack, which might not be the case with Rick (mostly work relationship, I think).