Elle

LDR10 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

36 minutes ago, barttttender said:

Her voice works so much better with pop, hip-hop inspired productions, beats, rock and surf rock. For me, those are her genres (which is why I like BTD, LFL, UV and NFR the most). 

i enjoy all those genres from lana especially surf rock and would love a dark surfy masterpiece, but imo her voice is actually most suited for country music. she even sang her pop songs like thwy were country songs like listen to the isolated vocals from born to die songs and tell me she doesn't sing them like theyre country songs

Spoiler

obviously it doesn't mean she has to do country music but it does seem to come naturally for her

24928f7b69cee0fe13500ed529054686.gif

she can absolutely suit folk/folky music, songs like pawn shop blues, oh say can you see, get drunk, jimmy gnecco, fordham road, your band is all the rage, super movie, yosemite, and literally the entirety of sirens suit her sound and feel very well

WGe8ynS.gif

3 minutes ago, Orville Peck said:

I can't take barttttender opinions seriously since he said Lana should make a song like Old Town Road. :eartha:

so, do we want lana to make country music, or do we not want lana to make country music? :um2:

Spoiler

i'm aware that old town road isn't really country or an accurate representation of it lol

WGe8ynS.gif

42 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

so, do we want lana to make country music, or do we not want lana to make country music? :um2:

Hide contents

i'm aware that old town road isn't really country or an accurate representation of it lol

You reminded me of the description of this Angel Olsen album, which I love.

FTuNu4UWYC4wACB.jpg

Something with that vibe "in between" for LDR10 would be a blessing to me.

1 minute ago, Unidentified Major Tom said:

FTuNu4UWYC4wACB.jpg

This album is gorgeous omg Lana should take NOTESSSS

Thinking about how the soundtrack to the next era of my life is being made right now :hair: How will it change things for me...What if 2022 me knew that Tunnel was coming and I would be inspired to quit the job I was hating and fix my own family matters. Where would I be if Tunnel never happened? :pout:

Lana is kind of like my sage and life coach now that I really think about it 

There are some interesting suggestions in the thread. The psychedelic country was interesting as well as some more hardened acoustic songs. 

So here's my take after getting back into her music again and what's she's been working on  recently.

If I were hanging out at Jack Antonoffs studio to design or consult for Lana's 10th album, this is how I would structure it.

I would start off with a theatrical or some type of themed intro and go into nature boy, or a nature boy interlude part 1, maybe with Jon, or jack, or rob on piano.

Next I would build some type of beat similar to her recent free style she recorded during sound check. Something kinda chill but also has a good beat and can flow, possibly hip hop like or danceable. Think like the roots meets jazz funk.

Then I would try to crank it up, and do some type of hardened acoustic song, or a more hardened dance beat type track like a and w or body electric. 

Then I would calm it down a bit, into some type of surf rock, or down tempo surf rock type of song, something like the greatest. 

Then would have a poetry interlude of some sort, which segways into a country type vibe. Which would go into a different version of stand by your man.

Then maybe another poetry piece of some sort which goes into something that's somewhat bluesy, or hardened blues rock type of song.

After that I'm not too sure, lots of room, but I would try to get a soft ballad or two in there. 

But I would like to hear some more poetry and a complex symphonic arrangement. 

For the outro of the record I would have nature boy interlude part 2 with maybe her own lyrics, and an instrumental nature boy outro after that like she did at her show. 

13 hours ago, Rivers said:

There are some interesting suggestions in the thread. The psychedelic country was interesting as well as some more hardened acoustic songs. 

So here's my take after getting back into her music again and what's she's been working on  recently.

If I were hanging out at Jack Antonoffs studio to design or consult for Lana's 10th album, this is how I would structure it.

I would start off with a theatrical or some type of themed intro and go into nature boy, or a nature boy interlude part 1, maybe with Jon, or jack, or rob on piano.

Next I would build some type of beat similar to her recent free style she recorded during sound check. Something kinda chill but also has a good beat and can flow, possibly hip hop like or danceable. Think like the roots meets jazz funk.

Then I would try to crank it up, and do some type of hardened acoustic song, or a more hardened dance beat type track like a and w or body electric. 

Then I would calm it down a bit, into some type of surf rock, or down tempo surf rock type of song, something like the greatest. 

Then would have a poetry interlude of some sort, which segways into a country type vibe. Which would go into a different version of stand by your man.

Then maybe another poetry piece of some sort which goes into something that's somewhat bluesy, or hardened blues rock type of song.

After that I'm not too sure, lots of room, but I would try to get a soft ballad or two in there. 

But I would like to hear some more poetry and a complex symphonic arrangement. 

For the outro of the record I would have nature boy interlude part 2 with maybe her own lyrics, and an instrumental nature boy outro after that like she did at her show. 

OKAYYY PERIOD:squidward:

I could totally see her going a country route, but i could also see her not. She’s done covers on tour that have later been used on an upcoming albums before, but i also feel like she thinks ocean blvd is country inspired. I remember the W magazine interview where she mentioned country as an influence for this album. If anything, i could see those songs on a country covers album (remember when we recently got a snippet of “take me home country roads”) so who knows what miss Lanita has up her sleeve ;)

On 8/19/2023 at 5:16 AM, Unidentified Major Tom said:

FTuNu4UWYC4wACB.jpg

when Lana drops her version of Chasing the Sun and Through the Fires and it's the end for us :defeated:

giphy.gif

On 8/19/2023 at 6:23 AM, Surf Noir said:

she can absolutely suit folk/folky music, songs like pawn shop blues, oh say can you see, get drunk, jimmy gnecco, fordham road, your band is all the rage, super movie, yosemite, and literally the entirety of sirens suit her sound and feel very well

And all of them are from Lizzy /Jailer era... i see what ur doing there 👀

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing