Elle

LDR10 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

1 minute ago, SalvaWHORE said:

And all of them are from Lizzy /Jailer era... i see what ur doing there 👀

:creepna2:

she just hasn't made a lot of folky music past that point! however, we also have mariner's apartment complex and venice bitch which i feel like could fit that description, and they are really nice, we could even consider songs like video games, bel air, guns and roses (yes, guns and roses!) and honeymoon, songs that are more mellow, into that category, they may not be folk, but they're more stripped-back, mellow/folky/stripped-back =/= bad, i mean, candy necklace is one of her best songs, it really is!

also, dragonslayer, nectar of the gods, and earthquakes, which are primarily or just acoustic guitar, i mean, it really doesn't get any better than dragonslayer :pray2:

WGe8ynS.gif

On 8/19/2023 at 12:27 AM, Orville Peck said:

I can't take barttttender opinions seriously since he said Lana should make a song like Old Town Road. :eartha:

well, that song is a historical success, so why not aspire to it? Lord knows Lana hasn't had a solo top 10 hit since Summertime Sadness.

also, like it or not, the super contemporary production on that song combined with rap is the most interesting product of american country music in decades. A genre that needs a contemporary uplift anywayz

On 8/17/2023 at 7:06 PM, Ocean Boulevard said:

Taco Truck part 

and I say the VB part. I'm dying for lana with beats. It's been too long.

a full album with songs like Jimmy, VB, summer bummer, summertime sadness, doin' time, high by the beach, off to the races, national anthem, don't call me angel

Can we please manifest this instead of yet another slow-burn record? We need lana on the tadio

20 hours ago, barttttender said:

a full album with songs like Jimmy, VB, summer bummer, summertime sadness, doin' time, high by the beach, off to the races, national anthem, don't call me angel

Can we please manifest this instead of yet another slow-burn record? We need lana on the tadio

I don't need her on the radio since I don't listen to radio at all ever, but i would like some new bops lol unless someone wants to leak some bops we haven't heard :lolliney:

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

well, that song is a historical success, so why not aspire to it? Lord knows Lana hasn't had a solo top 10 hit since Summertime Sadness.

also, like it or not, the super contemporary production on that song combined with rap is the most interesting product of american country music in decades. A genre that needs a contemporary uplift anywayz

:scoff:

I would do literally anything for this lmfao

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me

i think id rather die than this

the earth shattered, the sky opened

tumblr_p594n81oiC1x11ydmo2_400.gif

that rain was fire, but we were wooden

Tbh I think the beats are in the rear-view mirror for the moment- the version of VB on DYKTTATUOB is allegedly the original demo (from like 2018) and Jimmy is also from the NFR sessions- these pieces are 4-5 years old and are closer to the first half of Lust for Life than where she is now sonically imo

whatarecoloris.jpg

Jack and Margaret deserve a long long long honeymoon. That’s all I will say :true:

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

2 hours ago, ShadesOfFool said:

I would do literally anything for this lmfao

Lmao me too! Like I would suck any dick in the world to make this happen. 

Fyi I know Don't Call Me Angel isn't a good song, was only referring to its tempo and bit. Also, Lana's part is kinda dope

2 hours ago, American Whore said:

I don't need her on the radio since I don't listen to radio at all ever, but i would like some new bops lol unless someone wants to leak some bops we haven't heard :lolliney:

Lol. Sure, I'd be happy with just an unreleased album with Serial Killer, Ridin' and Hollywood as the first three tracks, too, and then Driving in Cars with Boys and other bops to follow!

I don't think we're ever getting a full upbeat (or at least) midtempo album from Lana, even BTD was on the slower side even if it's her most "poppy" album.

I think her albums will always have her usual variety range from ballads to "bops" (even Chemtrails and BB had their fun moments).

But I have to say if she goes upbeat I hope is more FIILY drums upbeat and less synth-autotune like Cinnamon/TJF/Fishtail :true:

I like those songs but they always leave me wanting a bit more in a way

giphy.gif

7 hours ago, shadesofloveduthenandnow said:

Tbh I think the beats are in the rear-view mirror for the moment- the version of VB on DYKTTATUOB is allegedly the original demo (from like 2018) and Jimmy is also from the NFR sessions- these pieces are 4-5 years old and are closer to the first half of Lust for Life than where she is now sonically imo

How do we explain Peppers? :smokes:

IMG-1607.jpg

9 hours ago, shadesofloveduthenandnow said:

Oooh where did thst interesting info came from?

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!