Elle

LDR10 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

Like I said I just got back into her music again, and there are a number of things she does that really impress me.

One is when I heard her freestyle singing at soundcheck. I was like there were so many good pieces.

And she came up with a cool, whole song, off the top. I was like, what the fxck?

Another is that Billie Holiday kinda effect in her voice she did sometimes as well as all these other vocal styles. 

I know I lost some of the voices I could do once I got older and don't know if she can still do them. 

But her lyrics are always pretty out there too and I am impressed with all the literary works she ad libs. 

Any vocals like the first verse of The Greatest would be a dream come true: I miss Long Beach and i-i-i miss you babe, I miss dancing with you the most of all… :defeated::krylie::karaoke: These lines are top 5 vocals from her. 

1 hour ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

Any vocals like the first verse of The Greatest would be a dream come true: I miss Long Beach and i-i-i miss you babe

The lyrics and the way she sung it both had these strong representations of a nostalgic style, but in the modern day.   A modern day 50s,60s and 70s lounge style singer, but also the lyric subject nature is reflective in a nostalgic way, and it was being expressed that it was all being lost. That is one of her saddest songs. It's like the world is ending and we don't know if we can do anything about it.   

She could arrange a lot of interesting songs now that she has 3 gospel singers. I also love how she talks about God and things like that. 

Not many in alternative music is really doing that anymore besides Kanye, and a very few others. 

specific things i would love for ldr10-

1. UV ERA VOCALS... those vocals were magical imo and i feel like it suits her music the most

2. ambient background noises (think kids laughing in bel air, waves/birds in get free, helicopter in hbtb)

3. soft but driving drums, like in affa or syth

4. religious motifs

5. humming:trisha:

6. an actual baby pink vinyl lol

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

thinking of UV's album trailer and bc i'm so contented w ocean blvd, I'd honestly just love another mini film (multi song video)/ album trailer to give a crown to the next album

candy necklace is gorgeous and i'm very much in love with it, but I do know that I wanted more visuals from the record. which, being someone who typically doesn't watch videos to let my imagination play, is personally a considerable want regarding her music. 

UV/Honeymoon

9 hours ago, Shades of Blues said:

if we dont see lana and dan or rick producing this new record istg

y’all know damn well we’re not seeing dan or rick :lmao: that’s a faraway dream

let’s just hope ldr10 will have more of jack’s bombtastic moments instead of his basic ones. which, i’m sure it will since lana seems to be more inspired lately :wub:

we’re gonna party like it’s 1949

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀  ⠀          ⠀     :¨ ·.· ¨:

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀   ⠀                  `· . ꔫ

5 minutes ago, cherrytropico said:

y’all know damn well we’re not seeing dan or rick :lmao: that’s a faraway dream

let’s just hope ldr10 will have more of jack’s bombtastic moments instead of his basic ones. which, i’m sure it will since lana seems to be more inspired lately :wub:

I think the trappy/sexy direction of Ocean Blvd is a good indicator, she seems to be traveling and getting really into fashion and makeup again, etc

hoping that the next album is continues the trend of being a little more beat-driven and fun

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me

1 hour ago, taco truck said:

specific things i would love for ldr10-

1. UV ERA VOCALS... those vocals were magical imo and i feel like it suits her music the most

No she was breathy af. See the live performances of that era. Her vocals have improved immensely since then. She sounds angelic now. UV vocals aren't even close to her gorgeous round tone now

4 hours ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

Any vocals like the first verse of The Greatest would be a dream come true: I miss Long Beach and i-i-i miss you babe, I miss dancing with you the most of all… :defeated::krylie::karaoke: These lines are top 5 vocals from her. 

She can definitely hit those notes. I think she hits lower notes on OB

2 hours ago, Slow Dance to rock music said:

, I'd honestly just love another mini film

I really love her aesthetic of flowers and stars in her shows themes.

I would love a film theme with something like her singing on a piano covered or surrounded with flowers and against a starry sky, with meteors.  

8 hours ago, Embach said:

Tulsa Jesus Freak Dark But Just A Game Black Bathin Suit AW Fishtails Taco??????

ummmmm, like i said, taco is a bop (minus the first 3 mins). The rest are def not hops

I hope she does a trailer again. I feel like she did trailers when she was extra excited for the visual aspects of an album

Lana-del-rey-happy GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚖𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝚒 𝚍𝚎𝚌𝚒𝚍𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚍𝚘 𝚗𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐, 𝚊𝚋𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐

7 hours ago, Rivers said:

It's really hard making a nice radio vibing hit like those examples. Like really really really hard. 

i'm sure it is, bro.

But then she had so many before, like one or two on every record. It just seems like she stopped trying with Chemtrails. Which was, unsurprisingly, her first album without an entry in the Billboard 100. Then we got two more...

Like, just don't release the record until you have a bop the kids can shake their booty to. Just like High by the Beach was added last minute. I'm all for creativity, but this is a business decision.

And if you can't write one yourself, hire someone to do it. Look at what Unholy did for Sam Smith, on an album otherwise swamped with ballads.