Elle

LDR10 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

hoping for these vibes for americana ldr10 :flutter: 

also, anything similar to her old, acoustic lizzy grant songs, like pawn shop blues, money hunny, oh say can you see, super movie, and your band is all the rage! :flutter: 

Lana Del Rey Shades Of Cool Gif

i ' m  y o u r  l i t t l e  q u e e n ✵ r e d , w h i t e , a n d  b l u e 

I always want her to dip her toes into more psychedelia, world-music inspired, outter- space, eclectic like this

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

13 minutes ago, mlittle11 said:

i would hate to see her edit herself but im hoping that since she is, we’ll get better structured songs. thats one thing ive really been missing from her

That's what I got from the interview, I'm excited to see what she comes up with 

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

3 minutes ago, ultrabanisters said:

i honestly don’t think of country when i think of americana

hoping for 60s inspired americana sounds :um2:

same. i almost think folky, southwestern, and jazzy

9 hours ago, Surf Noir said:

also, anything similar to her old, acoustic lizzy grant songs, like pawn shop blues, money hunny, oh say can you see, super movie, and your band is all the rage! :flutter: 

still manifesting a real camp serve for "Dance For Money" remake

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

14 minutes ago, ultrabanisters said:

i honestly don’t think of country when i think of americana

hoping for 60s inspired americana sounds :um2:

Like. I think of the guitar in God Bless America. Or vibes like Wild One….Give me flamenco and warble!

I would die for an 60s-americana-type album.

Singin' in the old bars
Swingin' with the old stars
Livin' for the fame

22 minutes ago, SalvaWHORE said:

I always want her to dip her toes into more psychedelia, world-music inspired, outter- space, eclectic like this

i was right there with you until you posted this skip from ray of allah 

16 minutes ago, ArtDecoDelRey said:

Manifesting Americana vibes in the vein of Dragonslayer, Let The Light In, Yosemite, Tomorrow Never Came, Unidentified Flying Bill, Pawn Shop Blues, Yosemite

:hae:

Yosemite so good you put in it twice , I know that's right :gurl:

Yosemite stans rise:oprah4:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

See, to me, Americana is less about the sonic direction and more about the lyrical and thematic content. I don’t think we’re getting banjos and harmonica (though I wouldn’t be mad)

I think the themes she’ll explore will be less family focused and personal and more about the state of the country. Sonically, I could see her going very simple with acoustic guitar as it’s a great means for traditional storytelling. Would LOVE some Leonard Cohen and Roy Harper folk vibes 

Honestly I find "Americana" to be one of the vaguest terms used in music today. The term itself simply means "things associated with the culture and history of America", which could be anything from country to psychedelic pop/rock to folk. Even on this forum we can't agree which Lana album thus far as been the most "Americana" (personally, I think it's NFR! or Chemtrails; but a strong case could be made for BTD or UV). 

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹