Elle

LDR10 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

2 hours ago, little red party dress said:

i feel like her next album is gonna be giving nfr 2.0

Not gonna lie but even though COTCC and Ocean Blvd are very different from NFR, there are NFRisms and NFR era samples all around those albums, like HTD sample, NFR title track sample and Venice Bitch sample. And also Jack's production "handwriting" is probably what makes it very NFR-y

If she works with Jack for LDR10 then we're going to have probably the NFRisms on LDR10 too! :bang:

url%5D

13 hours ago, Embach said:

Not gonna lie but even though COTCC and Ocean Blvd are very different from NFR, there are NFRisms and NFR era samples all around those albums, like HTD sample, NFR title track sample and Venice Bitch sample. And also Jack's production "handwriting" is probably what makes it very NFR-y

If she works with Jack for LDR10 then we're going to have probably the NFRisms on LDR10 too! :bang:

i feel like OB is NFR going through an existential crisis and COTCC is NFR's cool older sister that has her shit together

On 12/28/2023 at 1:30 PM, Jared said:

I see we have already reached the point in the pre-release thread where ''the fans'', who are in deep denial (agony) about the direction of Lana's career, come out of hiding and start going through a delusional episodes (usually about Lana making a ''pop'' album). Completely ignoring what Lana has said just a  few weeks ago (that the new album is gonna be in the Americana vein) or what her closest person/producer (Jack Antonoff!) has said ( fuck pop and trends... ''There's really no place to go but out into the fucking wilderness, artistically''). Also ignoring the fact that Ocean is a quite successful album and that the biggest drivers of its success are two songs which fall into the ''new Lana'' camp; Let The Light In (NFR style ballad, just more countrified) and Margaret (piano pop ballad).

So this narrative that she has to ''revert back'' to old style or go pop and console her nostalgic fans is simply hilarious and has no grounds in reality. But if convincing themselves that she'll wake up in 2024 and call Max Martin and A$ap Rocky and make a pop-trap album helps them sleep easier at night...sure, why not. 

I mean, she doesn't have to do anything but but just look at her current daily streaming numbers. Summertime Sadness, Y&B, SYTH and West Coast all currently get more daily streams than Let The Light In. Even Diet Mountain Dew gets more daily streams than Margaret does. BTD is undeniably her most commercially successful album. I don't think she'll ever go back to her old sound, but acting like she wouldn't make bank if she did is equally delusional. I think a good compromise would be her just releasing an album of some of her older unreleased songs, which she's been claiming she's going to do for years anyways. Fans get their bops and Lana doesn't have to sacrifice or change her current artistic sensibilities in any way or force herself to record a pop album when she clearly doesn't feel like it. 

3 hours ago, mermaidsparkle said:

I mean, she doesn't have to do anything but but just look at her current daily streaming numbers. Summertime Sadness, Y&B, SYTH and West Coast all currently get more daily streams than Let The Light In. Even Diet Mountain Dew gets more daily streams than Margaret does. BTD is undeniably her most commercially successful album. I don't think she'll ever go back to her old sound, but acting like she wouldn't make bank if she did is equally delusional. I think a good compromise would be her just releasing an album of some of her older unreleased songs, which she's been claiming she's going to do for years anyways. Fans get their bops and Lana doesn't have to sacrifice or change her current artistic sensibilities in any way or force herself to record a pop album when she clearly doesn't feel like it. 

You having to resort to listing the biggest classics and viral hits to downplay Let The Light In and Margaret's success only proves my point. And she has more than enough money in her bank and her legacy is already cemented. She doesn't have to compromise at all. And her ''fans'' keep demonstrating why it's not worth it. Just last night, I saw a viral tweet of Lana fan telling her to get on Ozempic. She has one of the worst fan bases in the industry. 

3 minutes ago, Jared said:

Just last night, I saw a viral tweet of Lana fan telling her to get on Ozempic. She has one of the worst fan bases in the industry. 

EW WTF :whoopi: Although, I love Lana, I definitely I do not love her fandom in the social media like Twitter or TikTok, especially the younger generation of fans, they're toxic as fuck!

url%5D

3 minutes ago, Embach said:

EW WTF :whoopi: Although, I love Lana, I definitely I do not love her fandom in the social media like Twitter or TikTok, especially the younger generation of fans, they're toxic as fuck!

Just search for it on twitter, I'm not lying. And I'm not against unreleased collection, but I would save it for the latter in her career. She doesn't need it atm.

16 minutes ago, Jared said:

Just last night, I saw a viral tweet of Lana fan telling her to get on Ozempic. She has one of the worst fan bases in the industry. 

what the fuck is a ozempic?

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

24 minutes ago, Embach said:

this is genuinely why I never joined lanaboards until recently, I had like a little fan instagram account when I was 13/14 and everyone was so mean that I had no interest immersing myself in the community again :bebe: 

edit: the actual insta fan community was always nice, this is more so just how other people my age acted on instagram that would have been in those group chats etc in that weird 'spam account' era. nothing like the ACTUAL insta fan accounts. very twitter vibes. thumbs down.

giphy.gif

3 minutes ago, SalvaWHORE said:

what the fuck is a ozempic?

it's a treatment that can cause weight lose as a side effect. People saying things like that are the reason i try to avoid tiktok and twitter.

bGiqt9X.gif

nobody warns you before the fall

5 hours ago, Wtauf said:

it's a treatment that can cause weight lose as a side effect. People saying things like that are the reason i try to avoid tiktok and twitter.

this is such a disgusting thing to say to her, and hasnt she literally been losing weight herself this whole year? like wtf how skinny y'all want our girl to go? 

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

1 hour ago, Embach said:

no but actually... some younger fans online just say the most insane disgusting shit imaginable with no consideration of whether that'd even be appropriate to say at all (in any situation, whether online or not)... and in actuality we all know there is a high chance that Lana may see (and probably has already) some of those mean things 'fans' have said about her online, it's upsetting really

꧁ღ⊱♥ i lost my reputation, i forgot my truth, but i have my beauty and i have my youth ♥⊱ღ꧂

BRILLIANT.gif