Ultra Violet

"Liking" comments disabled

Hi, can any mods please help me out? I've been unable to like any comments for a few days now.

Everything else works fine. I can quote and post, etc. But this shows up when I try to like comments.

https://pasteboard.co/najgWIx2Y2DY.jpg

Edit: temporarily solved by using Firefox. Thanks those who suggested!

Edited by Ultra Violet

3 minutes ago, Ultra Violet said:

Hi, can any mods please help me out? I've been unable to like any comments for a few days now.

Everything else works fine. I can quote and post, etc. But this shows up when I try to like comments.

https://pasteboard.co/najgWIx2Y2DY.jpg

I've had the same issue :um2:, unsure if its a browser issue, or due to me using mobile 

I've been unable to like posts for a while now and it's torture :trisha: It doesn't work whether I'm on desktop or mobile, and I tried various browsers without any success :trisha: My whole life was dedicated to like posts here, I don't know what else to do now. 

Typically, this error is caused by a cache problem. Please try closing your browser, clearing your cache & cookies for LanaBoards, and then restarting your browser. This can also sometimes be caused by certain browser extensions, so please try disabling any that you may have installed for LanaBoards and then clearing your cookies & cache as well. Keep in mind that if you have your browser settings synced between devices (such as Safari on both Mac and iPhone) you will need to clear cache & cookies on both devices before proceeding. Let me know if this helps or if the issue still persists! x

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

5 minutes ago, 111 said:

i have been unable to post status updates for like 5 years now :flop: so good luck with your issue! 

What sort of error do you encounter when trying to post a status? I can look into this too x

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

4 minutes ago, Elle said:

What sort of error do you encounter when trying to post a status? I can look into this too x

i can see all the status updates but there's no option for me to post one. there's no error or anything, just no way for me to create a status update. x

2 hours ago, 111 said:

i can see all the status updates but there's no option for me to post one. there's no error or anything, just no way for me to create a status update. x

The way to post Status Updates changed after the site update in 2020. There are two easy ways to post a status now - one is by going to your profile, scrolling to the Activity section, and typing in the box that says “Write a public message on your own feed” which will post your message to the Status Updates. The other way is to type in the “What’s on your mind” box on the Status Updates preview box on the right side on desktop or near the bottom of the homepage on mobile. You cannot post Status Updates from the stream feed. If you do not see either of these options, do you recall a moderator revoking your Status privileges at any point? They may have been disabled x

4 minutes ago, Elle said:

The way to post Status Updates changed after the site update in 2020. There are two easy ways to post a status now - one is by going to your profile, scrolling to the Activity section, and typing in the box that says “Write a public message on your own feed” which will post your message to the Status Updates. The other way is to type in the “What’s on your mind” box on the Status Updates preview box on the right side on desktop or near the bottom of the homepage on mobile. You cannot post Status Updates from the stream feed. If you do not see either of these options, do you recall a moderator revoking your Status privileges at any point? They may have been disabled x

neither of those options are available to me queen x i found all the status updates i made on my profile activity section, the last one being from 2021 apparently, but there's no box either on my profile or on the home page that lets me create a new update. i am able to delete/edit my old statuses or reply to other peoples. x maybe if you collect a certain amount of WPs your ability to post status updates get revoked? if not i'm pretty sure a mod revoked my ability to post them and i wasn't made aware of it. 

Also having this problem. Been that way since yesterday. Whenever I try to like something, an error message pops up saying "Sorry, there was a problem reacting to this content". Happened on five different computers by now, doubt this is an issue with cache or extensions.

4 minutes ago, 111 said:

neither of those options are available to me queen x i found all the status updates i made on my profile activity section, the last one being from 2021 apparently, but there's no box either on my profile or on the home page that lets me create a new update. i am able to delete/edit my old statuses or reply to other peoples. x maybe if you collect a certain amount of WPs your ability to post status updates get revoked? if not i'm pretty sure a mod revoked my ability to post them and i wasn't made aware of it. 

I looked into your account settings and under “Can post Status Updates” it says “No, but member can re-enable” meaning you disabled them yourself rather than a moderator, perhaps by accident. I went ahead an reenabled them for you x

2 minutes ago, Elle said:

I looked into your account settings and under “Can post Status Updates” it says “No, but member can re-enable” meaning you disabled them yourself rather than a moderator, perhaps by accident. I went ahead an reenabled them for you x

omg thank you so much for fixing it x and trust me i had no option to re-enable them, i looked everywhere in my settings multiple times. but anyways WE'RE BACK BABY xoxo

14 hours ago, Elle said:

Typically, this error is caused by a cache problem. Please try closing your browser, clearing your cache & cookies for LanaBoards, and then restarting your browser. This can also sometimes be caused by certain browser extensions, so please try disabling any that you may have installed for LanaBoards and then clearing your cookies & cache as well. Keep in mind that if you have your browser settings synced between devices (such as Safari on both Mac and iPhone) you will need to clear cache & cookies on both devices before proceeding. Let me know if this helps or if the issue still persists! x

Thanks Elle, I've tried it on my phone and it hasn't worked, so maybe it's on my laptop that I haven't used all year 🙃 

11 hours ago, notthatdreamy said:

Also having this problem. Been that way since yesterday. Whenever I try to like something, an error message pops up saying "Sorry, there was a problem reacting to this content". Happened on five different computers by now, doubt this is an issue with cache or extensions.

Oh damn :defeated: