Ultra Violet

"Liking" comments disabled

I have this problem of not being able to react and attach images using Chrome on my work laptop, it's frustrating. All other functions work, just those two that doesn't. Using Firefox is a temporary solution
On my cell phone and personal computer, where I also use Chrome this doesn't happen. But it's interesting that only on this work computer, Chrome alerts me every time I log in that the connection is not secure, and that my data could be stolen. After logging in the site also gives me the error 2S119/1?
On my personal computer, neither Chrome or the site gave me those alerts, even though I had it synced across all platforms, with the same extensions and accounts logged in.

I tried investigating this problem and the only reason I've come up with is Chrome (and possibly other browsers) getting more strict on HTTPS requests being sent to/from websites with an SSL certificate, since everything works fine on Firefox for me. The request being sent when liking a comment is HTTP but the page sending the request (for example this thread page) has HTTPS so Chrome blocks it because of what it calls "Mixed Content".

Mixed Content: The page at 'https://lanaboards.com/topic/17792-liking-comments-disabled/page/3/#comments' was loaded over HTTPS, but requested an insecure XMLHttpRequest endpoint 'http://lanaboards.com/topic/17792-liking-comments-disabled/?do=reactComment&comment=1696570&reaction=1[...]. This request has been blocked; the content must be served over HTTPS.

:um2: its interesting that it happened to me when all of a sudden lanaboards was an "unsafe website" to my mobile a few days ago. i log in everyday with automatic login, my user is saved but then it doesnt show up anymore. and everytime i type the password and logon the browser asks me if im sure LOL

and ever since using this forum through mobile was different.

what does chrome has against lanaboards?

6 minutes ago, CHATEAU MARMONT said:

:um2: its interesting that it happened to me when all of a sudden lanaboards was an "unsafe website" to my mobile a few days ago. i log in everyday with automatic login, my user is saved but then it doesnt show up anymore. and everytime i type the password and logon the browser asks me if im sure LOL

and ever since using this forum through mobile was different.

what does chrome has against lanaboards?

ive noticed this too. sometimes i'll open safari on my phone, type in an L, which automatically brings up Lanaboards, and normally when i go to the page im automatically logged in and stuff.... but recently ive been opening the page to a blank login screen every time. Even when i keep the tab open.

10 minutes ago, jealous girl said:

I tried investigating this problem and the only reason I've come up with is Chrome (and possibly other browsers) getting more strict on HTTPS requests being sent to/from websites with an SSL certificate, since everything works fine on Firefox for me. The request being sent when liking a comment is HTTP but the page sending the request (for example this thread page) has HTTPS so Chrome blocks it because of what it calls "Mixed Content".

Mixed Content: The page at 'https://lanaboards.com/topic/17792-liking-comments-disabled/page/3/#comments' was loaded over HTTPS, but requested an insecure XMLHttpRequest endpoint 'http://lanaboards.com/topic/17792-liking-comments-disabled/?do=reactComment&comment=1696570&reaction=1[...]. This request has been blocked; the content must be served over HTTPS.

please someone smart help us 😭

7 hours ago, hotshot2am said:

Can someone who has the issue in Chrome click on "Not Secure" in the top left corner, then on Site settings -> Insecure content -> Switch to allow.

That worked

I could swear I tried it before though

On 10/9/2023 at 7:24 AM, hotshot2am said:

Can someone who has the issue in Chrome click on "Not Secure" in the top left corner, then on Site settings -> Insecure content -> Switch to allow.

worked for me, but i had to quit and restart the browser--not just reload like chrome suggested

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

10 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

i've been infected :bebe: 

me too :bebe:

edit: it works on pc

𝒎𝒂𝒚𝒃𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒘𝒂𝒚 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒊'𝒎 𝘭𝘪𝘷𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝒊𝒔 𝘬𝘪𝘭𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝒎𝒆

✧ ˖°. ⋆⭒˚。⋆. * : ✧ . : * : ☆ * ✧ ˖°. ⋆⭒˚。⋆ °.  ✧ ˖°

Yeah, me too. I haven't been able to like comments via mobile for awhile now. I can like posts via desktop no problem. I cleared all my cache memory on mobile, but that didn't work. 

Edit: Even if I view the desktop version of LanaBoards on mobile, I still cannot like comments. Whatever the issue is, it's strictly related to being on mobile.

@Elle has there been any updates to the site within the past month or so? Wondering why a bunch of users are having the same issue all of a sudden.

OqqaAZJt.png     B4iWPK3.gif     OqqaAZJt.png

10 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

it won't let me embed youtube links either :headache:

you can't embed links and images, tag people... :headache: 

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

This has resolved the issue for some Chrome users: http://lanaboards.com/topic/17792-liking-comments-disabled/?do=findComment&comment=1696579

Lanaboards doesn't have HTTPS fully integrated, so it results on HTTP and HTTPS being mixed which some browsers block as a security measure.

@Elle has talked about it before here: http://lanaboards.com/topic/14149-connection-not-secure/?do=findComment&comment=1331676

It seems fully upgrading to HTTPS isn't trivial without updating some forum internal code. With more users having the issue it might be a good time to look at this again :agree:

it's happening to me too, it used to happen only on my phone but now its happening on my pc too :bebe: also, I can't see the preview on member's profile it says "there was a problem loading this content." 

SFP2h.gif

Tutorial for Chrome to re-enable liking comments

1. Click on the lock symbol.

1.png

2. Click on Site settings

2.png

3. Scroll down to Insecure content, switch it to Allow.

3.png

4. Restart Chrome and open Lanaboards again

This should only be necessary temporarily until Elle manages to update the forum code. Also no gurantee that this works, though it has worked for 2 other users.