evalionisameme

Artists caught lying about songwriting credits

2 hours ago, evalionisameme said:

Actually bizarrely enough- there’s a lot of evidence that Britney did write on Britney jean and her+ co servaters didn’t steal credits from anyone- Myah stated she changed some of the verses.

Yeah I didn't mean Britney Jean like the user implied. Also Britney has no fault of what it's done to her career.

36 minutes ago, ArtDecoDelRey said:

Mariah is a songwriter though.

AND producer :true:

Meryl Streep isn’t out here writing all the scripts she’s acting out but she’s still a highly acclaimed actress… Why are we expecting artists to be writers? I get that artists not writing their self proclaimed highly introspective album isn’t the same as artists actually writing it, especially if it’s being marketed as a personal body of work, but why would anyone care that Britney isn’t out here writing songs like Toxic and BBOMT :toofunny:. Why don’t people give that same energy for artists that don’t produce their own songs? We expect artists to be writers but no one’s expecting them to be producers, when for pop music the production’s usually even more important than the lyrics. Sure it’s impressive, but not everyone can be Mariah Carey doing both, and not everyone has to be! It is annoying when artists claim to be writers when they aren’t though.

qfrWuBl.png

14 hours ago, Crazy Husband Thief said:

I've always known that Ava is a huge fucking industry plant.

having co-writers ≠ being an industry plant. Ava was born to a low-income family and has been working on her career/releasing music since she was literally 12 years old, she's incredibly talented and a hard worker. 

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕 

35 minutes ago, TrashMagiq said:

Meryl Streep isn’t out here writing all the scripts she’s acting out but she’s still a highly acclaimed actress… Why are we expecting artists to be writers? I get that artists not writing their self proclaimed highly introspective album isn’t the same as artists actually writing it, especially if it’s being marketed as a personal body of work, but why would anyone care that Britney isn’t out here writing songs like Toxic and BBOMT :toofunny:. Why don’t people give that same energy for artists that don’t produce their own songs? We expect artists to be writers but no one’s expecting them to be producers, when for pop music the production’s usually even more important than the lyrics. Sure it’s impressive, but not everyone can be Mariah Carey doing both, and not everyone has to be! It is annoying when artists claim to be writers when they aren’t though.

I agree but then it’s fun to poke fun at the ones who excessively lie and take credits from the ones who constructed the melodies. 

Lindsay Lohan was nowhere near my element. But she was also nowhere near the studio when the songs were being written.

It's just managers calling you and saying, "So-and-so would like to get such-and-such percentage of the song that she'll be singing." That's never been the way I've done it in the past. If you're going to get 50% of the song, then you should be writing 50% of the fucking song. But still, I wanted it to be a decent pop song.

When she showed up the next day to sing it, the first note out of her mouth was not good. But instead of saying, "Oh, that was flat. Let me re-sing it," she was freaking out and saying, "My voice! My voice!" All of her assistants and BFFs and BGFs were running around the studio freaking out and calling doctors. I was like, "What the fuck did I step into?" I thought it was an episode of Punk'd, but instead of a dude with a trucker hat walking into the front door, two white-coat doctors show up five minutes later. They looked at her and said, "You're fine," but gave her a cortisone shot in her face for a zit that was about to come through.

25 minutes ago, TrashMagiq said:

Meryl Streep isn’t out here writing all the scripts she’s acting out but she’s still a highly acclaimed actress… Why are we expecting artists to be writers?

This point kinda ate thought :oic3:

I mean singer's job is to sing after all, like directors direct movies but they can also write scripts for the movie like singers write for songs. 

I mean it's not that awful when singers do not write their own songs or are co-writers. But to me if the song is written by a famous songwriter but it's sung by an another singer, the song is still the songwriter's song for me, it's kinda like covering. I don't consider Ghetto Baby Cheryl Cole's song lol :bebe: it's still Lana song for me

url%5D

30 minutes ago, TrashMagiq said:

some artists make a name for themselves as songwriters (Taylor, Lana). Others make their name as performers (Britney, Beyoncé, xtina). 

Both groups are hugely talented and should be respected in their own right. 

LORN - ANVIL [Official Music Video] GIF | Gfycat 

23 minutes ago, Coloringbooks said:

having co-writers ≠ being an industry plant. Ava was born to a low-income family and has been working on her career/releasing music since she was literally 12 years old, she's incredibly talented and a hard worker. 

And that may be the case but like Beyoncé she tries to market herself as a songwriter when the credits don’t lie. She at best tweaks existing melodies and changes words based off those percentages. 

13 hours ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

I feel like artists' poetry books demonstrate to the populace that they actually write their own shit (whether the artist consciously intends this or not)

Like there is no doubt that Lana and Florence write their own shit because you can tell how they write from their poetry books

1. Does the absence of a poetry book therefore imply that one does not write their own shit :oic2:, and 2. how long before someone writes someone else's shit in their own handwriting, puts it in a poetry book and it is then disputed

Lastly, imagine a Sky Ferreira poetry book

it'd never release and she'd blame a manager at a book store :coffee:

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

1 hour ago, evalionisameme said:

And that may be the case but like Beyoncé she tries to market herself as a songwriter when the credits don’t lie. She at best tweaks existing melodies and changes words based off those percentages. 

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕 

I know for a fact Bebe Rexha got into a dispute with a popular songwriter/producer as she claimed to have contributed much more to the songs than she did… he said he would never work with her again

tumblr_mx1rynpDqV1rh0xc7o1_500.gif

37 minutes ago, Unknown said:

I know for a fact Bebe Rexha got into a dispute with a popular songwriter/producer as she claimed to have contributed much more to the songs than she did… he said he would never work with her again

providing us with the lana tea and industry tea!

3 minutes ago, Nectar Of The Puss said:

:eek2:

she is overrated as a writer though. for folklore she sacrificed lyrics over melody. red is her best album because she didn’t have to pull out a dictionary and use complex words to prove a point, having a good vocabulary doesn’t make you a great writer

28 minutes ago, BartenderDeco said:

she is overrated as a writer though. for folklore she sacrificed lyrics over melody. red is her best album because she didn’t have to pull out a dictionary and use complex words to prove a point, having a good vocabulary doesn’t make you a great writer

I can’t find any lyrics that use ‘complex’ words so idk what you’re in about, but it can be just as simple as

“I can go anywhere I want, anywhere I want, just not home” - My tears ricochet

Or 

“I can’t make it go away by making you a villain”

- happiness (evermore)

a great writer comes from meaning not just the words they use. 

Beyonces great. Best concert I’ve been to. Idk what the point of this discourse is—I couldn’t care less if she wrote her songs. But songwriting credits pay more, and I think Beyoncé deserves as much money as she can get for the songs she put out; because who would listen to Future singing Drunk In Love anyway :pls:

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

25 minutes ago, Mer said:

Beyonces great. Best concert I’ve been to. Idk what the point of this discourse is—I couldn’t care less if she wrote her songs. But songwriting credits pay more, and I think Beyoncé deserves as much money as she can get for the songs she put out; because who would listen to Future singing Drunk In Love anyway :pls:

future-blank.gif

9 minutes ago, Barry said:

future-blank.gif

230512-beyonce-singing-reaction-kh-6fbb63.jpg

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️