takemybreath

Did you know... Submitted For Grammy Consideration (Now Nominated)

1 hour ago, lostindarkparadise said:

well… it’s over 

mitski doesn’t have any nominations and the only song that you can consider a hit from this album is my love all mine :oopna2: and that’s if she’ll even get nominated

1 hour ago, lostindarkparadise said:

well… it’s over 

for Mitski? i agree 

there’s no way in hell Mitski is winning over Lana. Lana has mainstream appeal and this year alone we’ve had people like Rosalía, Kim Petras, SZA, Caroline Polachek, Taylor Swift and Olivia Rodrigo singing her praises while all the oldies like Springsteen and Elton John (the latter who even went as far as comparing her to Prince lol) were always supportive of her. if there’s any year where she can get nominated with a legacy/impactfulness narrative it’s this one

IMG-1607.jpg

29 minutes ago, bluechemtrails said:

Mitski and boygenius had the better reviews overall, so I'll give them a chance

https://www.albumoftheyear.org/ratings/6-highest-rated/2023/1?r=20

Idgi they both just sound like average indie folk slop to me there's nothing actually compelling or outstanding about it. Whereas Lana's artistry and songwriting is outstandingly strong

to me there are gonna be so many artists like mitski that will come and go but none quite like lana. if you like mitski fine, i can’t even say i bothered listening to her new album there’s just no way that, whatever it sounds like, it’s more worthy than ocean blvd. i get the feeling that almost every track would sound the same.

pskiQfS.jpeg

Your wife waters flowers, I wanna kill her 

20 hours ago, Topanga said:

I think she has alt album in the bag tbh 

me too. We can start celebrating literally. No way are boygenius or mitsky winning this when she's outstreaming and outselling them by a huge margin. Thank god she's submitted in alt.

I have some hopes for ocean boulevard the song to get a nod. They nominater nfr (the song) and this one is just as timeless and classic.

less confident about aw and it's slutty aesthetics. Too contravercial for grammy

On 10/11/2023 at 4:30 PM, Honeyyoung said:

now I just hope a&w also was submitted for best alternative performance, because that's the category I think she has the highest chance of winning

I love these banners! 😍 interscope is spending money and it's looking great.

honestly, guys, with strong record sales, strong streaming numbers, tons of high profile press, the taylor support, the highest charting song on billboard ever, the billy support, the tour's success, the artist of the decade award, the VMA for CN, the surprise huge success of say yes to heaven, the strong reviews for ob, the correct category submission, the weak competition in alt, and the overdue factor - THIS IS LANA GRAMMY YEAR. There would be an outrage if she doesn't win, and the awards would lose all their credibility (which has long been shaken anyway). 

Especially since there's no controversy recently and everyone's firmly on Lana's side (more then ever). The stars are aligned! 

She's winning at least one Grammy, and my money is on Alt album of the year. That said, i can imagine there being a surprise win with aw or ob; too, or best duet (CN).

I hope she goes with a great dress (not from the mall) and slays the fuck out of this award ceremony

6 minutes ago, barttttender said:

me too. We can start celebrating literally. No way are boygenius or mitsky winning this when she's outstreaming and outselling them by a huge margin. Thank god she's submitted in alt.

I have some hopes for ocean boulevard the song to get a nod. They nominater nfr (the song) and this one is just as timeless and classic.

less confident about aw and it's slutty aesthetics. Too contravercial for grammy

mitski is currently streaming well, my love mine all mine is #6 in the US and #12 worldwide on spotify today

19 minutes ago, Orville Peck said:

I like boygenius, but "the record" is not a better album than "Ocean Blvd" (in fact, I don't think it's even on my favorites of the year, I just can't connect with the album).

he's so boring to me. And since i'm a gay man, he really shouldnt be. He aint winning against lana no way

21 minutes ago, Orville Peck said:

I like boygenius, but "the record" is not a better album than "Ocean Blvd" (in fact, I don't think it's even on my favorites of the year, I just can't connect with the album).

1 minute ago, barttttender said:

he's so boring to me. And since i'm a gay man, he really shouldnt be. He aint winning against lana no way

boy-genius.webp

Well generally grammys are all about popularity and lana is more popular than mitski and boygenius :dua:

19 hours ago, Candy Necklace said:

Alt categories better be televised this year

This!!!

url%5D