BartenderDeco

Lana signed an open letter to President Joe Biden, thanking him for his ‘leadership’ and calling for the release of all Hamas hostages.

I don’t agree with the character assassinations, most of us have been fans of hers for a while now and we know that she is a good person. We don’t have any context to the signing of the letter.

10 minutes ago, cherrytropico said:

for the past almost 80 years****

Well they were more or less engaging in actual warfare up to the camp David accords. The real tragedy began around 2006, and the blockade. 

Until then Israel wasn't doing the stuff it does today. It was around then that both sides started engaging in human rights abuses. 

4 hours ago, genghis khan said:

To be fair I can see how celebrities feel pressured to give their basically useless 2 cents on every current issue because society for some reason has come to the agreement that they should "use their platform" or whatever. I remember back during BLM in 2020, if a celebrity didn't go out of their way to post against racism and police brutality, twitter users assumed that meant they SUPPORTED it (lol, wtf?) Then twitter users started complaining that they were just "all talk" and celebrities started being pressured to show receipts of donations. I remember when Lana specifically didn't post anything about it, people used it to leverage the idea of her being racist. 

Now I think it's about time we step back and look at how absurd this SJW shit is and agree that it's ok for celebrities to just... be quiet like in the good 'ol days, or else they'll keep coming out making ignorant statements

(i'm not really gonna touch on the issue at hand with Israel cause i'm saying all this generally)

while i do agree with you that celebs shouldn’t have to use their platform to support an issue.. esp one of which they aren’t really educated on..

but like the reason she was looked at as “racist” was due to really poor timing and her poor wording + following responses on QTFC 

when Floyd’s death happened QFTC was released just a few days prior if my memory serves me right (along with Lana continuing to name celebs that are POC as her example/comparison to herself with that being the main issue of the entire thing combined with well… basically how WOC/and just POC have been viewed through history especially in the context of lana being the “delicate” one in comparison to them and ariana who people also seem to think is a poc instead of recognizing the issue that directly naming people is a lot more personal and comes off as an attack than generalizing with something like “the current women that are charting sing this and that but when i do it from my perspective and in my own way..etc”) and to add onto that she was posting about donating for hollywood forever cemetery or something at the same time which I mean.. is very okay!! she should posts whatever she wants and obviously she has a connection to the place but with everything else going on at a time there’s a reason that shit looked really bad to people which was a mix of really god awful timing and just qftc being qftc. ..  :toofunny:

and while the whole SJW thing can be incredibly fucking ridiculous and there should be an understanding that celebs shouldnt be your resource for current issues the point is she can still be pretty ignorant at times 

*anyway all around a bunch of bafoonery from many celebs and while im sure lana means very well i have many doubts she actually knows much of what she signed or the actual situation..

Pearl-praying.webp?fit=300,200&ssl=1

gZ0f.gif

6 minutes ago, Let the Light In said:

I’m sorry but has anyone bothered to check the genuity of this list. A website called “nohostageleftbehind”? 

Zoe Saldana, Gal Gadot, and Amy Schumer all signed the letter and posted it on their Instagram along with a list of all the other names that signed it. It looks pretty real right now. 

5 minutes ago, Rivers said:

Well they were more or less engaging in actual warfare up to the camp David accords. The real tragedy began around 2006, and the blockade. 

Until then Israel wasn't doing the stuff it does today. It was around then that both sides started engaging in human rights abuses. 

I encourage everyone to watch this interview. This woman is an advocate for peace in the region and is a holocaust survivor. I don’t solely support Democracy Now and their coverage of this event… but they are one of the only outlets interviewing people who speak on the historical context.

If you expect Israel to give up ownership of the land entirely then you should also expect Americans and dozens of other colonised countries to give up land.

These arguments date back to the end of the 19th century- Palestine needs to be recognised for the abuse they have faced but I say once again- what differentiates the land taken to Australia, America, British colonies.

The deal should have been taken in 2008 with more negotiations instead of flat out refusal because sadly it was never going to improve.

You’re all living on stolen land- it’s just not broadcasted in such a public way.

1 minute ago, evalionisameme said:

If you expect Israel to give up ownership of the land entirely then you should also expect Americans and dozens of other colonised countries to give up land.

These arguments date back to the end of the 19th century- Palestine needs to be recognised for the abuse they have faced but I say once again- what differentiates the land taken to Australia, America, British colonies.

The deal should have been taken in 2008 with more negotiations instead of flat out refusal because sadly it was never going to improve.

You’re all living on stolen land- it’s just not broadcasted in such a public way.

The USA has given up lots of land. It just gave a whole bunch more too. 

The difference between the US and Israel situation, is Israel legally agreed to giving Palestinians their land and Israel signed the agreement. 

celebrities out of touch?

davonne-rogers-pretends-to-be-shocked.gi

all i know is in her heart she does not have hatred or harm for anyone. she may align herself with the wrong stance, but as she always says and her fans keep refusing to listen to, her intentions are always in the right place and i trust her on that. and i do not look up to artists for being a moral, ethical or political beacon of light when they are wrapped up in a saccharine LA bubble with millions in their bank account and have their own echo chambers going on. it's more annoying to watch her fans express the same disappointment and write the same essays whenever something like this pops up. stop idealizing celebrities and expecting perfect opinions and statements from them for serious matters that most of us don't even have a grasp on to begin.

9 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

9 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

The difference is sovereignty. While western countries do not shy away from occupation and proxy wars, Israel’s occupation of Gaza and initiation of an apartheid like regime is the LONGEST in history, AND illegal. They are allowed to colonize Palestinian land unchecked, settler violence in the West Bank was skyrocketing up until this year…. I think the most EYE OPENING fact I learned from the interview linked above, that REALLY put everything into perspective, is that she makes a point that ALL “PALESTINIAN PEOPLE” are registered in the Israeli human registry…… while Israel air strikes literally wipe families off the earth in Gaza, their doctors and nurses are using what connection to the outside world they have to notify Israel’s government of the deaths… it’s insane to me!! they don’t even have their own citizenship. They are owned by Israel completely. They were forced into a shrinking prison and poked and prodded and oppressed for 20 years. Now they have been LITERALLY cut off from the rest of the world. The amount of people we just don’t know the status of because they are more than likely buried in the rubble is staggering… Palestinians don’t even HAVE the right to protest, not only in Israel but across the Middle East and Europe. Any time they have ever lead demonstrations, civilians were brutally attacked and killed. Of which there is concrete evidence, unlike this 40 babies thing. We cannot allow Israel to escape the blame for this. While I condemn acts of war and the tragedies that took place on October 7th, make no mistake that WAR IS TERROR.

WAR IS A CRIME.

4 hours ago, Psychedelic Pussy said:

I agree that it’s definitely not black and white, and while I think the letter is poorly worded and doesn’t address the immense suffering Israel has unleashed on Palestinians, I also think Lana added her name to this with good intentions and I’m not going to drag her for it.

She’s impulsive as always. She had good intentions. Some people feel like silence sends the wrong message, but it does seem like the best decision is to stay out of something like this unless one has a well formed opinion or a direct connection to the situation. 

3 hours ago, Unknown said:

Yall are overeacting, ur lucky she didnt announce a last minute concert in Israel with the hope to unify the Israeli and Palestinian people and stop the war :true:

A lot of overreacting, but most of us are diehard fans. Everything she does is under a microscope.

2 hours ago, BartenderDeco said:

idk what goes through lana’s head sometimes oml

She’s impulsive af and most likely had good intentions here. Celebs generally aren’t known for being foreign event experts. Especially in the day and age where most of us get our news from random Facebook articles or Instagram posts. 

C9-EB944-D-53-AE-42-A7-A3-CE-EF6-DA48879

6 minutes ago, Rivers said:

The USA has given up lots of land. It just gave a whole bunch more too. 

The difference between the US and Israel situation, is Israel legally agreed to giving Palestinians their land and Israel signed the agreement. 

Uh, not really. I live in Oklahoma. Many of the natives were crammed into here a century ago. This is some of the worst land in the country. Very dry, difficult to farm, riddled with droughts, tornadoes and wildfires. Now they just have very small slices of land here that are mostly desolate anyway. 

(but let’s try to stay on topic here)

C9-EB944-D-53-AE-42-A7-A3-CE-EF6-DA48879

Damn….some of the comments in this thread about Lana are weird.

im free Palestine every day but you have to realize that Lana cannot end the Illegal occupation by Israel on her own. We cannot make assumptions about why or how she signed it. So many of us have been fans of Lana for over a decade and we know that at her core, she is kind and generous and full of love and selflessness. She really has never given us a reason or acted in a way to think otherwise. Redirect your anger to the right places and let's focus on what really matters. 

faSE.gif

I don't know what that means, but I definitely didn't want Lana to express her political opinions because not everyone has the same opinions and it could backfire on her. I'm a little disappointed :smokes4:

8 minutes ago, Quincy said:

Uh, not really. I live in Oklahoma. Many of the natives were crammed into here a century ago. This is some of the worst land in the country. Very dry, difficult to farm, riddled with droughts, tornadoes and wildfires. Now they just have very small slices of land here that are mostly desolate anyway. 

(but let’s try to stay on topic here)

Yes I was replying to another person and the comparison of each situation they made. Washakie signed the 1868 Treaty of Fort Bridger, he successfully claimed the Wind River Reservation for the Eastern Shoshones. What are you claiming, that more of Wyoming should be a reservation?