Elle

Grammy Awards 2024 - Lana Del Rey Nominated for 5 Awards

7 minutes ago, Thats why they call me Dita said:

To be fair, she will never win a Grammy unless she starts playing the game.. and I don’t know what’s worse, being snubbed by the Grammys or finally winning one because you gifted your way there 

at the end of the day, she doesn’t need a Grammy to quantify her success, she’s an inspiration to so many and she’s been on that billboard 100 with BTD for 10 years :flutter:

the fan base she has is so dedicated and intense. And we’ll never forget her. You don’t get to become a cult favourite without making deep and impactful music.

Yeah, producing more tracks like Doin' Time (her last bonafied hit) and Born to Die. If she did that and went the more pop route, and shook her booty in a thong like Miley and co do, they'd give it to her right away. #ThisIsAmerica.

23 minutes ago, That Venice Bitch said:

Taylor literally dedicated time from her own speech to genuinely recognize Lana without going down the corny "I shouldn't have won this, you should've" route. Millions of people around the planet watched that tribute, and whether you like it or not, this was one of the biggest nights of Lana's career.

This is such a good point, and really highlights why I think what Taylor did was an overall good thing (even if it was a little clumsy). There was none of the false modesty like in the old joke 'In a way, Lana won this award, but in another, more real way, the winner was me!" She dedicated about 15% of her acceptance speech to just emphasizing how important and excellent of an artist Lana is. Also, Lana is an adult, and doesn't owe Taylor anything, so if she really didn't want to be up there, she could have cut it off in a cool way. Watch the video again, and it's clear that there's no bullying or mean girl shit going on.

That said ...

Spoiler

517ede0d-bec4-4c23-8ccc-1f8e2547f884_tex

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

But how many articles, critics and fellow artists have to say she is THE best songwriter of our generation for her to be recognised as such by the academy? Clearly, it's not enough to simply BE that - you need to call people and send gifts and have lunch with various executives and all that shit.

Well, fuck that. I'd much rather she invest her time in doing things that make her happy + making music, than worry about all that shit

They can keep their Scammys

Not watching again everrr

See you next time she's nominated

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

12 minutes ago, barttttender said:

Yeah, producing more tracks like Doin' Time (her last bonafied hit) and Born to Die. If she did that and went the more pop route, and shook her booty in a thong like Miley and co do, they'd give it to her right away. #ThisIsAmerica.

I love pop lana but please don't let be this real,  i love the new lana songs and litteraly all sound better than btd , i love bops like doin time , peppers.. but i prefer alt lana 

Lana for me , besides the gorgeous old Hollywood aesthetics, represents people who never really have anything good or easy , always the second place but we keep going because there's no other choice. A victory for her , is a victory for the underdogs.

What they did to her this evening was cruel.

11 minutes ago, longtimeman said:

This is such a good point, and really highlights why I think what Taylor did was an overall good thing (even if it was a little clumsy). There was none of the false modesty like in the old joke 'In a way, Lana won this award, but in another, more real way, the winner was me!" She dedicated about 15% of her acceptance speech to just emphasizing how important and excellent of an artist Lana is. Also, Lana is an adult, and doesn't owe Taylor anything, so if she really didn't want to be up there, she could have cut it off in a cool way. Watch the video again, and it's clear that there's no bullying or mean girl shit going on.

That said ...

Reveal hidden contents

517ede0d-bec4-4c23-8ccc-1f8e2547f884_tex

I agree - Taylor was sweet as fuck for that, and anyone who thinks otherwise is just bitter and probably hates bunnies, rain sounds and puffy pillows

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

It's sad she did not win anything yet again after so many nomination and it's disgusting what little idea the voters at the awards have (bringing up a messed up TV performance from 2012 ... wtf) but -

Are we actually suprised? If NFR could not make it in 2019, why would an album like OB win now? Especially when up against Ms. Bland Swift?

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

It's sad she did not win anything yet again after so many nomination and it's disgusting what little idea the voters at the awards have (bringing up a messed up TV performance from 2012 ... wtf) but -

Are we actually suprised? If NFR could not make it in 2019, why would an album like OB win now? Especially when up against Ms. Bland Swift?

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

beyond midnights n the others just simply not holding a candle to tunnel, part of why the lana snubs are so devastating is because her music does celebrate the more vulnerable, flawed-yet-fearless side of womanhood that is desperate to be heard but is so often shunned & dismissed in our current zeitgeist. yes i know it's giving #qftc but like her main point there was just valid, sorry not sorry, n her losing only further cements it. to connect with lana’s songs & the stories within them is a gift & is often the only silver lining to otherwise painful memories. her music reminds us that it’s okay to find beauty in the non-ideal, something mainstream feminist “art” seems to be moving further n futher away from

'Sweet' esp encapsulated this sort of dissident femininity, like literally WHO ELSE RN is writing a song that essentially starts off with "you broke my heart" & ends in "if you ever want me again, you can come find me, I'll even give you the map & welcome you back with open arms like nothing ever happened"

bye she is just too beautiful for this world....  Ily queen.... im sorry they will never undrnstand you. you're a different kind of woman :trisha:

can we already assume the jury is stupid af orrr

2 minutes ago, lanascarlitos said:

Listening to ‘fishtail’ hits different tonight guys.

streaming a&w - the TRUE SOTY - all day long for me

archiving any ldr-related stuff I can find (like, literally)

LANA DEL REY TRACKER

last.fm

163c956c5fc19ea25e79f89d6eec3b83.gif