Elle

Grammy Awards 2024 - Lana Del Rey Nominated for 5 Awards

If you really felt like Lana was not respected and wanted to poke the bear, you could go on a campaign and sell a 100,000 Justice 4 Lana t shirts with a stencil of Lana like the che guervera t shirts but instead of a communist beret, was a bow, you could make half a million dollars. 

23 minutes ago, Rivers said:

She is definitely on another level. There's really nothing to be upset about. She's killing it right now and everyone knows it.  

Everyone knows it, but one of the biggest award shows totally snubs her?

After some reflection, I think they all knew she wasn’t going to win. They didn’t want her to. The consolation was to give her a bunch of nominations to try to lessen the blow, give the appearance that she had a chance. Pity nominations. 

The thing with Taylor, I really lost a lot of respect of her dragging Lana up and addressing her like that. I still respect her as an artist, but the award show, her behavior and the “voting,” it’s all a bunch of fake ass shit. 

C9-EB944-D-53-AE-42-A7-A3-CE-EF6-DA48879

2 minutes ago, Quincy said:

Everyone knows it, but one of the biggest award shows totally snubs her?

After some reflection, I think they all knew she wasn’t going to win. They didn’t want her to. The consolation was to give her a bunch of nominations to try to lessen the blow, give the appearance that she had a chance. Pity nominations. 

The thing with Taylor, I really lost a lot of respect of her dragging Lana up and addressing her like that. I still respect her as an artist, but the award show, her behavior and the “voting,” it’s all a bunch of fake ass shit. 

I think they vote based on popularity. I don't really think that she was "snubbed" per say, considering she was given the front and center seat and went in with Taylor and the whole black swan white swan motif. It seems like she was the star of the show all night. The YouTube chat bar was also pretty hilarious. It's clear she tremendously influenced some of the singers who won. To me it seems like she is on top of the world right now. When was the last time I  the Grammys where the most popular singer songwriter winner brought up one of the nominees and considered them a legacy influential artist in their speech? Taylor knows how badass she is and so does everyone else. I think that's one of the interesting things about Lana how she is not at the top of the listing yet seems to have such a large reach of influence. She's on another level cuzzo. 

The grateful dead are arguably the greatest and most influential rock band of all time and they never won a Grammy. 

"Don't believe the hype." - Flavor Flav 

55 minutes ago, cherrytropico said:

reading ‘only dull people are brilliant at breakfast’ by oscar wilde rn and i have to post some parts here that remind me of lana and the industry: 

“A work of art is the unique result of a unique temperament … the moment that an artist takes notice of what other people want, and tries to supply the demand, he ceases to be an artist, and becomes a dull or an amusing craftsman, an honest or a dishonest tradesman.”

“Now Art should never try to be popular. The public should try to make itself artistic.”

“In England, the arts that have escaped best are the arts in which the public take no interest. Poetry is an instance of what I mean. We have been able to have fine poetry in England because the public do not read it, and consequently do not influence it.”

:popcorn:

this makes me tear up... so beautiful and now I will be going to the bookstore tomorrow to get this book. 

The think pieces about Taylor are embarrassing. This is not the first time Lana lost multiple Grammy nominations in one night. It's not Taylor's fault. Let's be real, Lana had little chance of winning ROTY & SOTY with such tough competition with Flowers, SOS, and Midnights all being commercial smashes. Her best bets were the Alternative nominations, but she lost those too. It's sad, but we can't place blame on Taylor. Lana is a grown woman, if she didn't really want to get on stage, she wouldn't have. She was probably supporting her friend. Lana knows very well she is an underdog even though I'm sure she really would like a win.

But some of y'all are the same people who tried to convince yourselves Lana lowkey doesn't like Taylor so.....whatever I guess. 

8 minutes ago, Let the Light In said:

IMG-4400.jpg

I'm sorry but this makes me laugh. It is so Lana! A great shot. 

Looks like a picture of some kids in high school. I'd feel much more comfortable standing next to Lana. 

12 minutes ago, Americanboy said:

The think pieces about Taylor are embarrassing. This is not the first time Lana lost multiple Grammy nominations in one night. It's not Taylor's fault. Let's be real, Lana had little chance of winning ROTY & SOTY with such tough competition with Flowers, SOS, and Midnights all being commercial smashes. Her best bets were the Alternative nominations, but she lost those too. It's sad, but we can't place blame on Taylor. Lana is a grown woman, if she didn't really want to get on stage, she wouldn't have. She was probably supporting her friend. Lana knows very well she is an underdog even though I'm sure she really would like a win.

But some of y'all are the same people who tried to convince yourselves Lana lowkey doesn't like Taylor so.....whatever I guess. 

If Lana didn't went up there, they would be saying it was her being petty about Txylor Swift winning AOTY.

I don't really see any of the albuns you mentioned being competition against Ocean , granted that i don't like " pop " with the exception of Lana and some classic acts. Midnights is run of the mill generic pop music, even the song she did with Lana is bad ( i said what i said )

30 minutes ago, Americanboy said:

it's a strange little relationship when you think about it. Very unexpected. It's like a prissy grade A cheerleader hanging out with the drama school kid who smokes pot with the "freaks". I guess opposites attract.

that said, taylor has good taste and she's clearly a very clever good businesswoman. If there's one ally you'd want in the music industry, it's her.

btw any photos of miley and lana together? I wonder where their relationship is after angel. Is liley on ariana's side? Like what's happening with that?

also we need a lana x quavo or migos collab assp! 

the parasocial was parasocialing a bit but I was really wanting a sign of life after all that. Rob’s post and Lana’s comment made me so happy to see haha what a classic father-daughter moment 

47 minutes ago, barttttender said:

it's a strange little relationship when you think about it. Very unexpected. It's like a prissy grade A cheerleader hanging out with the drama school kid who smokes pot with the "freaks". I guess opposites attract.

that said, taylor has good taste and she's clearly a very clever good businesswoman. If there's one ally you'd want in the music industry, it's her.

btw any photos of miley and lana together? I wonder where their relationship is after angel. Is liley on ariana's side? Like what's happening with that?

also we need a lana x quavo or migos collab assp! 

I agree that it's a weird relationship. On paper, it makes total sense, but there are also somewhat stark contrasts of each other.

But you're right, Taylor is a good ally to Lana and has used her platform to shout her out multiple times, so why are Lana fans getting online being petty and annoying about her losing nominations when the Grammys have always snubbed her?

1 hour ago, ArtDecoVintageGirl said:

If Lana didn't went up there, they would be saying it was her being petty about Txylor Swift winning AOTY.

I don't really see any of the albuns you mentioned being competition against Ocean , granted that i don't like " pop " with the exception of Lana and some classic acts. Midnights is run of the mill generic pop music, even the song she did with Lana is bad ( i said what i said )

The Grammys award commercial success, and all of the other albums sold more and spawned big hits. Even if you think Ocean was better than them, it just couldn't compete. Plus, Taylor had too big of a year for anyone to think she was not walking away with her album wins.

4 hours ago, Black to Blue said:

Does anyone know how Grammy voting works exactly? I was thinking about this earlier: I’m a really big fan of reggae music but it’s not a genre that a lot of people are familiar with. Time and time again we see that if the Marleys are nominated for Best Reggae Album nine times out of ten they win even if they’re undeserving.  (Ziggy Marley’s wife is also on some board for the Academy so it’s likely to do with that too lol)

Do these voters actually listen to the nominations in every category or do they just see “oh I like so and so” or “oh I recognize that name I’m gonna vote for them”? I believe that for certain niche categories it should be primarily voted on by peers in that genre. E.g. people in the alternative music space voting for people in the alt categories. And for main awards it should be a general vote that everyone participates in.

Like I said I’m not sure if this is how it works but I think a system like this would avoid the “Oh such and such artist was really popular this year I’m gonna vote for them” scenario.  

I don't think voters take the time to listen to all the music in nearly 100 categories, so it's probably all about name recognition... :agree:

I know it’s not Taylor’s fault and I know she had no bad intentions dragging Lana on stage.. but my god, she should read the room 

Lana as soon as she lost tried to hide her face, after congratulating Taylor she tried to return to her seat and when Taylor pulled her arm she initially tried to retreat. She also wouldn’t go up to the podium when on stage when Taylor asked everyone to join, and to me it looked like Jack attempted to convince her but she stayed resilient and stood still 

you can chime in that “if she really didn’t want to go on stage, she wouldn’t”.. that’s just not true is it, everyone is watching her and Taylor is happy and dragging her.. is she supposed to make a scene and tell Taylor no at that point? It would’ve ultimately made Lana look the bad guy, so she swallowed her pride and went up 

S0F1O.gif
dancing all night to the dirty blues 

56 minutes ago, bluechemtrails said:

I don't think voters take the time to listen to all the music in nearly 100 categories, so it's probably all about name recognition... :agree:

Obviously, they don't even listen to the music. Someone needs to do an internal review of the voting process. Clearly, they've lost the plot to their own ceremony, and lost all their credibility over the years. It's literally just a popularity contest. All they've got going for them at this point is the brand name, longevity, and the money to make it look glam.

4 hours ago, Americanboy said:

The fact that THAT was the "tough competition" is such a joke

Some of you are really overthinking Taylor bringing Lana up on stage btw:rip: