Sign in to follow this  
takemybreath

The abandoned tunnel under Ocean Blvd will reopen after 50+ years to become a speakeasy for a Hard Rock Hotel

I think it’s really cool that of all things that the tunnel could be turned into, it’s going to be for a place that centers around music history. I feel like it was somehow destiny x

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

I read a comment that this was planned before Lana announced the song or the album so... maybe not so much her impact? Either way, very cool to see it become a hard rock hotel and something music related with Lana singing about it and all.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

3 hours ago, Beautiful Loser said:

I read a comment that this was planned before Lana announced the song or the album so... maybe not so much her impact? Either way, very cool to see it become a hard rock hotel and something music related with Lana singing about it and all.

Building the hotel itself was already planned but they just announced that the tunnel will also be a part of the project

“Richardson announced that the famed Jergins Tunnel that used to connect Downtown to the Pike would be repurposed as part of the Hard Rock project. He said it’s expected to be a speakeasy with music that “ties into our local vibe.”

The tunnel has been closed to the public since 1967 but gained renewed attention last year after pop star Lana Del Rey referenced it in her single: “Did You Know That There’s a Tunnel Under Ocean Blvd” from her 2022 album of the same name.”

https://lbbusinessjournal.com/news/business/hard-rock-hote-long-beach-opening-date-jergins-tunnel/

9 hours ago, shadesofblue said:

I found a virtual walkthrough of jergins tunnel (tunnel under ocean blvd) in case people haven't seen it

Imagine if Lana performed there :hype:

omg a virtual concert there would gag

SaTdw.gifSaTdd.gif

54 minutes ago, venicebitch said:

Building the hotel itself was already planned but they just announced that the tunnel will also be a part of the project

“Richardson announced that the famed Jergins Tunnel that used to connect Downtown to the Pike would be repurposed as part of the Hard Rock project. He said it’s expected to be a speakeasy with music that “ties into our local vibe.”

The tunnel has been closed to the public since 1967 but gained renewed attention last year after pop star Lana Del Rey referenced it in her single: “Did You Know That There’s a Tunnel Under Ocean Blvd” from her 2022 album of the same name.”

https://lbbusinessjournal.com/news/business/hard-rock-hote-long-beach-opening-date-jergins-tunnel/

Ok, her impact :wowcry:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

10 hours ago, shadesofblue said:

I found a virtual walkthrough of jergins tunnel (tunnel under ocean blvd) in case people haven't seen it

Imagine if Lana performed there :hype:

its giving backrooms

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

2 hours ago, Let the Light In said:

It is a symbol that she won't be forgotten :krylie: The tunnel was at some point but now it is remembered, just as she will be in the future.

This is beautiful. But like lets be real none in the near future will forget Lana, her impact on the music industry, and everything she has done.

Singin' in the old bars
Swingin' with the old stars
Livin' for the fame

10 hours ago, Nectar said:

The fact that most people would've never heard of the tunnel had she not titled an album after it.

She needs to be present on the reopening event.

It should be an opportunity for her to perform the album (or at least the single) and announce the unreleased compilation