DNC

Lana to be featured on TV series "The New Look" soundtrack with a cover of "Blue Skies" - OUT NOW!

So Lana is singing Blues Skies?

I prefer the Jim Reeves version to those by Ella Fitzgerald, Sinatra, and Willie Nelson. 

Based on The White Cliffs of Dover, can we assume it's going to be a jazz version a la the Fitzgerald version? I can see the wisdom in that since it was composed as jazz. 

It's an American Classic too; I wonder if Lana considered it for that fabled album that may never see the light of day. 

7 hours ago, Xenoblade 3 said:

It’s cute, but it’s giving Arcadia/Blue Tankisters with the vocal mix. Just overly LOUD (and sharp, almost too clear) in spots for no reason. The original is more pleasant to listen to. I know it’s probably Florence’s vocal delivery as well, but it’s the producers/mixers job to be able to tune it for a pleasant listening experience or for the artistic vision. I only say “artistic vision” because some songs aren’t aiming for pleasant, but I don’t think this song is aiming for anything experimental. It’s aiming for pleasant but it just ain’t. The production is great tho. That I agree.

I agree; sharp, almost too clear

Honestly, I think most creators strive for artistic vision today over pleasant listening experience, and that includes filmmakers too, which is why so much of today's art fails and fails to reach a sizable audience of any kind. Look back to the great Golden Age of Hollywood when films were routinely geared towards a general public, and yet masterpiece after masterpiece was produced, and the writers, actors, and directors were still allowed to put some of their signature creativity into their work. 

I think Lana's rise and success--as well as the respect she's received from her peers in the industry--is due to her being a genuine artist with an authentic vision. Sometimes she creates middle-of-the-road songs like Tomorrow Never Came, Arcadia, or Margaret but the balance of her work is very visionary, like When the World Was at War, 13 Beaches, Gods & Monsters, Money Power Glory, Ultraviolence, Cola, Bel Air, Heroin, Swan Song, and Old Money among others.

It's difficult to hear those songs and then just walk away from Lana as an artist. No one else is doing what Lana is doing or 'world building' the way she is in terms of her vision. 

Lana fits like a glove in the Golden Age of Hollywood , it's one of the reasons i became a fan of hers. She will do amazing with Blue Skies, it will be another song of hers for me to travel to a different time and place on my headphones. Can't wait ❤

On 1/31/2024 at 3:19 PM, Vertimus said:

I agree; sharp, almost too clear

Honestly, I think most creators strive for artistic vision today over pleasant listening experience, and that includes filmmakers too, which is why so much of today's art fails and fails to reach a sizable audience of any kind. Look back to the great Golden Age of Hollywood when films were routinely geared towards a general public, and yet masterpiece after masterpiece was produced, and the writers, actors, and directors were still allowed to put some of their signature creativity into their work. 

This is so true. One just needs to think about Hitchcock's masterpieces. 

(I think this "artistic vision" approach has reached its worst though in photography. In music and movies it's still kinda tolerable at least in most cases.) 

To everyone coming back to this thread: people are talking about another song from the soundtrack above, not about "blue skies" . I got pretty confused at first, lol. 

It was expensive watch it 

27 minutes ago, Olympia said:

This is so true. One just needs to think about Hitchcock's masterpieces. 

(I think this "artistic vision" approach has reached its worst though in photography. In music and movies it's still kinda tolerable at least in most cases.) 

To everyone coming back to this thread: people are talking about another song from the soundtrack above, not about "blue skies" . I got pretty confused at first, lol. 

Yes, Hitchcock is a sterling example. And The Birds still bites harder than most much more excessive films today. 

Look at fashion and the art world. The latter doesn't exist anymore except as high finance and bourgeois acquisition, while the former has almost nothing to do with 99% of the population in the West.

That's one reason why shows like The New Look are important, to remind or educate people about the world that once was, and, contrary to so much education today, was certainly not all bad (by any means). 

I've seen historical example after example of 'artists' being given free rein and then totally ruining their careers because, at that point in their lives, they still needed some tight reining in by producers or studios who were creative professionals and/or knew better.

A great historical example, if ultimately a minor one, is the Monkees, who were a studio-created band. After their first 15 months of global success, they demanded to write and release the songs they desired and take over the direction of their television series. As a result, they collapsed creatively, and the show was canceled. They attempted something of a comeback with the plotless, would-be-trippy movie Head, which they named after oral sex, and it and their last-gasp effort with a one-shot television special were total artistic and commercial failures. And that was the end. 

3 hours ago, hotshot2am said:

Second track is out at midnight local time. We will get Lana next week :party:

:oprah9::oprah9::oprah9:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

4 hours ago, hotshot2am said:

Second track is out at midnight local time. We will get Lana next week :party:

:oprah4:

𝒎𝒂𝒚𝒃𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒘𝒂𝒚 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒊'𝒎 𝘭𝘪𝘷𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝒊𝒔 𝘬𝘪𝘭𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝒎𝒆

✧ ˖°. ⋆⭒˚。⋆. * : ✧ . : * : ☆ * ✧ ˖°. ⋆⭒˚。⋆ °.  ✧ ˖°

Valentine's Day is officially the best day in Lana's fandom because we're always getting new content on that day! :true:

url%5D