DNC

Lana to be featured on TV series "The New Look" soundtrack with a cover of "Blue Skies" - OUT NOW!

Fell asleep before midnight. Just woke up shortly after 6 am and I actually couldn’t find the song where I had pre-saved it, or by scrolling her Spotify releases, but the search bar brought me to it. Not sure what happened there. 

It’s on repeat now though. Short but so fun and so beautiful. I am glad she and Jack put such a unique spin on it. As far as its ranking amongst her other covers, it’s miles better than Doin Time, TMHCR, and even Unchained Melody. But it’s no Buddy’s Rendezvous or The Other Woman. 

AB6-A338-F-93-FB-4-E32-8-E3-A-565-A67-D9

1 hour ago, hotshot2am said:

They didn't even upload it to her YouTube channel :noparty: Also I've seen so many people who think this isn't released yet because they can't find it on streaming... it's like her team wants it to flop :noparty:

this!! i had to get it through the spotify link shared this morning, because i couldn’t get it to appear on spotify before that, and it hasn’t been advertised to me in the new releases tab you usually get on spotify

charlie’s new song had more promotion than this, i’m confused. nobody has posted anything at all!

i don’t want her to think this sound is flopping, and give up on it. it’s fucking unreal!

giphy.gif

lana needs to make a completely jazzy/theatrical album…we had a few touches of jazz on honeymoon but nothing major. we need an album full of buddy’s rendezvous, blue skies, summertime gershwin, the bridge of dance til we die, and the scatting from brooklyn baby. also when she sings in a theatrical way like in big spender or the “don’t say you don’t want no harm…” part in ben.

hopefully jazzlana is coming in ldr12 after lasso and the trap album are released :bebe:

we’re gonna party like it’s 1949

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀  ⠀          ⠀     :¨ ·.· ¨:

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀   ⠀                  `· . ꔫ

I listened to it and I love it so much! I adore that old-school feeling of it. It literally feels like it's from the 1940s, it's the most 1940s-feeling song Lana has ever had (and rightfully so, since the show is set in the 1940s). I also got roaring 1920s à la Gatsby party vibes from the song, like many already said that this song reminded them of the foxtrot version of Y&B. The song itself was written in 1926. I also got 1930s and 1950s movie vibes too.

I have listened to this song like 5 times already and this song makes me want to swing dance a lot. I loved her vocals in it and the higher vocals too, they remind me of her muffled paper vocals from LFL eras mixed with higher Lizzy Grant unreleased vocals. And I felt that she sang that song little bit strangely, in a good way, almost it felt like she was singing the song in transatlantic accent, similar to classic noir movies. 

When the song started, it really reminded me of Peppers without the sample. I actually thought that it was Peppers, their beginnings are quite similar for me. I kinda get the similarities with Season Of The Witch too, the intro with the guitar. It didn't remind me of Honeymoon, like everyone said in the YouTube comments but I think it's because it's a jazz song. For me, Honeymoon is a bit sultrier and bluesy while this cover is a lot more faster and swingy.

I didn't mind the outro, I quite loved it. The outro of this reminded me of the middle or the outro instrumental part of Venice Bitch with all the Jack synth's beeping and the chaotic instrumentation, where they all just kick around. I find the song's production messy in a good way because it has Jack Antonoff's signature production all around, it's like a mashup of his song. Little bit reminded me of Alma Mater too, like some said.

I do think that it's criminal that the Lana's part was just like 1 minute, she did sing it in a quite faster tempo. I also think that while the outro should stay, I love it although I love Lana's part more, it should've been shorter. Like little bit more than 2 minutes. I have a theory that the outro might transition into the next song of the soundtrack but right now, I don't remember who is the next singer of the soundtrack.

Can we also appreciate the lyrics!? Irving Berlin wrote a such a wonderful song, captured the vibe right on the spot. It's such a beautiful feel-good song, with any singer's versions.

So here's my two cents, a very long essay but overall, I fucking loved it, it's so catchy and it makes you feel good. Vibes and feelings are perfect, vocals are amazing and Lana's cover of that song is just stunning. A brilliant combination! I wouldn't mind these vibes in Lasso, if the country songs there have same chaotic catchy vibes as well. :wub: :legend: :flutter:

1 hour ago, hotshot2am said:

They didn't even upload it to her YouTube channel :noparty: Also I've seen so many people who think this isn't released yet because they can't find it on streaming... it's like her team wants it to flop :noparty:

This!!! That was the same case with Florence + The Machine's cover too! It's such a crime, it should've had at least a lyric video, let alone an official audio video on her channel, not in YouTube Music topics. It would be especially great in promoting the series too! I kind of want the song to go viral in TikTok, but I don't know if it's possible after the Universal Music contract thing. 

10 minutes ago, cherrytropico said:

lana needs to make a completely jazzy/theatrical album…we had a few touches of jazz on honeymoon but nothing major. we need an album full of buddy’s rendezvous, blue skies, summertime gershwin, the bridge of dance til we die, and the scatting from brooklyn baby. also when she sings in a theatrical way like in big spender or the “don’t say you don’t want no harm…” part in ben.

hopefully jazzlana is coming in ldr12 after lasso and the trap album are released :bebe:

Omg yes! Theatrical is a great word to describe it!

url%5D

Oh I love it so much it's giving jazz who*re it fits her sm I'm living !!! I don't mind the outro tbh I'm excited to see how It'll incorporate in the tv show ! 

If anyone want to hear the cover in series

Spoiler

Blue Skies are on third episode literally on ending scenes. So similar what they did with Watercolor Eyes:bebe:

bGiqt9X.gif

nobody warns you before the fall