PARADIXO

1 dead and 1,000+ hospitalized at Taylor Swift concert in Brazil

3 hours ago, Thunder Revenant said:

She is a greedy cashgrab. Why would she have a bigger sense of responsibility or conscience than other millionairs? Just look at her private jet record.

On the other habd, people are just lunatic when it comes to her basic white girl pop and stan culture has reached a ridiculous level lately. 

anyways :bebe: 

yes she’s a billionaire and yes, she is most definitely a businesswoman, but a greedy cash grab? and in context, you’re talking about these eras tour shows being a “cash grab”. i don’t even care if you like taylor but that’s actually insane to call shows that are 3 hours long with huge production a cash grab. also, of course she has a conscience??that’s why she’s cancelled shows (that people fly from all over the world to see, btw). for the safety of her fans and everyone else on stage. that’s why she was throwing water to people while performing. and honestly read the room when talking about people dying and getting sick because of the heat and bringing up that jet thing again. she rents out that jet anyways, so putting all the blame on her is just incorrect. 

pskiQfS.jpeg

Your wife waters flowers, I wanna kill her 

7 hours ago, Elle said:

What a tragic situation.. may Ana rest in peace.

This is really saddening to me as a frequent concert goer. I’ve even passed out at a concert before due to heat exhaustion/dehydration in the pit. Ever since then, I always make sure to have water with me when I attend a concert. I‘ll call beforehand to ask if venues permit attendees to bring in a sealed water bottle, but if they don’t, I’ll sneak one in. I’ve snuck in mini water bottles in my purse, full size water bottles wrapped in a jacket, and I’ve even snuck in Capri Sun pouches in my bra lol. There’s only been one time I’ve had my contraband water confiscated because I didn’t conceal it very well, but I was pleading with them to let me take it in anyway because I get really dehydrated, so as a compromise the guard told me he’d personally bring me a water once I got inside & he actually did. I take hydration very seriously.

This is something that could’ve definitely been prevented, and I hope venues rethink their water policy after this. Though in this situation the weather in the area was extreme, no matter what it still gets so hot inside general admission venues with the crowd all pressed together. I feel like in every general admission concert I’ve attended, I’ve seen multiple people pass out due to dehydration. At both the Kali Uchis & LDR Alabama concerts I attended this year, people were fainting before the show even began. Even if venues sell water inside, it’s usually very overpriced & general admission attendees may not want to give up their spot. I feel that all venues should allow attendees to bring in a sealed bottle of water. I really hope serious change sparks because of this x

i think it's just insane that they don't let you bring water, or that they even charge money for water at all, it's just WATER, it should be free and people should be able to bring water if they want! 

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

17 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

i think it's just insane that they don't let you bring water, or that they even charge money for water at all, it's just WATER, it should be free and people should be able to bring water if they want! 

Water could be masked as drugs and leads to a similar issue. They don't let you bring water inside any USA venues that I've been to.  

Why did this thread turn gross ew. 

Ana’s death was 100% preventable and unnecessary. If an organizer is going to force a show to be carried out in high heat and humidity, it is there responsibility to ensure the safety of everyone, including performers, staff, and attendees. 

There are rumors that Taylor and her team attempted to postpone the show, but were threatened with hefty lawsuits by the organizer (and why it took so long to postpone Saturday’s show). If this is true, I hope the organizers are sued. 

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

as someone who lives in rio for over 10 years now I can easily say that we've been having the WORST heat wave EVER this past week. I've endured pretty hellish summers over here, but I don't remember suffering SO MUCH as we did the past couple of days. yesterday was the hottest day of the year, like it was doing around 42°C/107,6°F and they still wanted the concert to happen, they made thousands of people wait at the stadium until the very last minute to postpone it, which is just outrageous.

I almost fainted yesterday bc I unfortunately had to leave the house to run errands and had to be at a place that had no AC. people had to give me a chair and cold water so I could bring myself together and fight against my body fainting, I can't imagine being at a hot ass stadium surrounded by thousands of people with no access to cold water, so another tragedy could've easily happened.

changes are being made now but unfortunately someone had to die so these changes could be made, which is just revolting and a slap in the face. climate change is VERY real and things are only gonna get worse from now on. no event should be held at extreme temperatures and water should be treated as the BASIC HUMAN RIGHT that it is, charging for water in such conditions should be a crime.

rest in paradise, ana 🌹 such a young beautiful girl with her whole life ahead. I can't imagine what her family is going through right now, but I hope they'll have strength to sue T4F's ass, what they did to their daughter and the rest of the fans was criminal

as for today, we woke up with a heavy rain and the temperatures are MUCH better. it's 3pm now and it's doing around 27°C/80,6°F outside, a huge relief.

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

56 minutes ago, Strangelove said:

Water could be masked as drugs and leads to a similar issue. They don't let you bring water inside any USA venues that I've been to.  

well, in that case, venues should be providing water for free, i'm sure they make plenty of money from the concert tickets, merch sales, etc. i think they should be able to provide a basic necessity, water, for no charge, especially if it can be life or death on hot days

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

1 hour ago, Surf Noir said:

in the uk you can bring a soft plastic water bottle (no cap) to the stadium and there are free water points all around the general admission area. Plus security hands out water to those at the front. 

it’s very hard for me to comprehend that this is not a standard across the world. 

1 hour ago, Surf Noir said:

well, in that case, venues should be providing water for free, i'm sure they make plenty of money from the concert tickets, merch sales, etc. i think they should be able to provide a basic necessity, water, for no charge, especially if it can be life or death on hot days

1 hour ago, Agnes Gia said:

in the uk you can bring a soft plastic water bottle (no cap) to the stadium and there are free water points all around the general admission area. Plus security hands out water to those at the front. 

it’s very hard for me to comprehend that this is not a standard across the world. 

When stuff like this happens it always shocks to me know other parts of the world are still wildly undeveloped. It's such a blessing to be in a country where this could never happen. 

Also, does anyone actually have the footage or is it just a lie?

1 hour ago, Mer said:

There are rumors that Taylor and her team attempted to postpone the show, but were threatened with hefty lawsuits by the organizer (and why it took so long to postpone Saturday’s show). If this is true, I hope the organizers are sued. 

what happened was horrific and was more than preventable by taylor point blank refusing to perform. the show doesn't go ahead without her at the end of the day. i would like to think the threat of lawsuits don’t matter in comparison to human welfare

re. the water situation it’s pretty commonplace in most venues ive frequented unfortunately. i do understand because if anything is snuck in (alcohol, drugs, etc), the venue would become responsible for anything that might break out and they want to avoid that

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23 - 10/7/23

33 minutes ago, Strangelove said:

When stuff like this happens it always shocks to me know other parts of the world are still wildly undeveloped. It's such a blessing to be in a country where this could never happen. 

I don’t think Brazil is classed as underdeveloped :rip: it’s a big country with many buildings and general modern values- Likewise I could say the same about the US and it’s lack of wage standardisation and health service.

https://www.tiktok.com/@abcnews/video/7302947728651472174

For her part- Taylor did direct staff to hand out water bottles but it clearly wasn’t enough or the right action but an attempt was made initially.

1 hour ago, Strangelove said:

When stuff like this happens it always shocks to me know other parts of the world are still wildly undeveloped. It's such a blessing to be in a country where this could never happen

2 years ago 10 people died at a travis scott concert that was held in your country, please :scoff: and the main reason was the same one: greedy big companies

so let's fucking not

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

I've always thought that GA at most shows (any artist) is just crazy

I know some people feel that's it's part of the experience, but queuing for hours beforehand, only to get in and spend many more hours squashed up against a barrier and/or other people, is really dangerous and needs to be de-normalised

It's not healthy or okay to go many hours without water and/or bathroom access. People refrain from drinking the former because of the latter. Not to mention the toxic behaviour it encourages with pushing and shoving, etc. 

There must be a better way to organise these shows. Maybe this shit was okay back in the 90s, but there were fewer people and shows weren't as big then 

The only silver lining is that if anyone can change it, it's Taylor. I'm not saying that it's her personal responsibility, just that this hopefully highlights these issues and maybe shows can be standardised somehow (no entry til 3(?) hours before, water must be provided, minimum space per person, etc)

Very sad that this girl died but I hope something changes

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

2 hours ago, Agnes Gia said:

same thing in Italy, every concert I’ve been to they would always give free water to the front rows and even sprayed us with water when it was too hot + in larger venues/festivals there are always sellers passing by in the crowd with water/beer (it’s overpriced but at least you can drink)

what’s more shocking to me is that if I understood right they even closed the air vents so people could not watch from outside??? This is just inhumane

13.04.2018 Rome - Lana wore my hat! 

Dying by the hand of a foreign man, Happily
Calling out my name in the summer rain, Ciao amore

i already shared my feelings in the ts thread but i feel there's something being largely left out of this narrative:

it is easy for us to sit back and judge the aftermath. it is easy to pick apart the situation once we have all of the details. i absolutely feel that accountability needs to be taken on all sides, but please stop acting like it was anyone's intentions for a person to die. artists have to jump through hoops to postpone or cancel a show, especially when in stadiums. there are contracts to be taken into consideration. the stadium and taylor's team probably thought it would be a tough day that they'd just have to power through, and we see now that was not the case. i am still shocked about the loss of ana, and i hope this ensures new measures will be taken to protect fans at concerts in the future (FREE WATER!!!!!) and of course temperature regulations. i'm not trying to make excuses, just including perspective on why some decisions weren't made in time. 

violets in your eyes

2 hours ago, evalionisameme said:

I don’t think Brazil is classed as underdeveloped :rip: it’s a big country with many buildings and general modern values- Likewise I could say the same about the US and it’s lack of wage standardisation and health service.

For her part- Taylor did direct staff to hand out water bottles but it clearly wasn’t enough or the right action but an attempt was made initially.

Brazil is an underdeveloped nation compared to the West. Google "Brasil slums". 

2 hours ago, prettywhenimhigh said:

2 years ago 10 people died at a travis scott concert that was held in your country, please :scoff: and the main reason was the same one: greedy big companies

so let's fucking not

Google "crowd crush". It's not the same as people dying due to heatwave. I don't know what country you are from but in USA something like this would not happen here. Excuse this post if you are just trolling. 

2 hours ago, evalionisameme said:

I don't think Taylor did anything wrong. It's on the venue and the lack of safety protocols that caused this. 

24 minutes ago, Strangelove said:

Brazil is an underdeveloped nation compared to the West. Google "Brasil slums". 

Google "crowd crush". It's not the same as people dying due to heatwave. I don't know what country you are from but in USA something like this would not happen here. Excuse this post if you are just trolling. 

that's why I said "and the main reason was the same one: greedy big companies". nothing to do with being an underdeveloped country in this case. situations were different but the root of the problem was the same one

I'm brazilian and I'm not trolling

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg