PARADIXO

1 dead and 1,000+ hospitalized at Taylor Swift concert in Brazil

Any concert on a day that surpasses 40 degrees should be cancelled tbh, the fact that it was FIFTY degrees and went ahead is incredibly reckless & shows a complete disregard from *ALL* parties for the health and safety of the concertgoers. Even in a venue where there is air conditioning etc, as soon as you put thousands of people in a mosh pit crammed together it raises the temperature in the mosh by a considerable amount.

and to whoever it was who said “ummm ackshually I heard there WAS water!!!!” get out of here with that victim blaming bs. Even if there WAS water, YOU tell me how someone is supposed to turn around and wade through hundreds and hundreds of rows of tightly packed people to get outside of the pit and go get water ? It’s literally almost impossible, especially if you’re near the front of the pit. NO concert should be occurring in such intense heat. Period.

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce:

2 hours ago, Psychedelic Pussy said:

Any concert on a day that surpasses 40 degrees should be cancelled tbh, the fact that it was FIFTY degrees and went ahead is incredibly reckless & shows a complete disregard from *ALL* parties for the health and safety of the concertgoers. Even in a venue where there is air conditioning etc, as soon as you put thousands of people in a mosh pit crammed together it raises the temperature in the mosh by a considerable amount.

and to whoever it was who said “ummm ackshually I heard there WAS water!!!!” get out of here with that victim blaming bs. Even if there WAS water, YOU tell me how someone is supposed to turn around and wade through hundreds and hundreds of rows of tightly packed people to get outside of the pit and go get water ? It’s literally almost impossible, especially if you’re near the front of the pit. NO concert should be occurring in such intense heat. Period.

finally someone said it! the government of rio is being very reckless and irresponsible to allow any events of the sort to happen under such intense heat. i saw people saying that the airflow of the stadium was also being partially blocked that night, some said it was to prevent filming from the outside. whoever was responsible for this decision should be arrested, no regard whatsoever for the audience wellbeing.

2 hours ago, Psychedelic Pussy said:

Yeah they need to make decisions based on charts like this. 35 degrees and 70% humidity will feel like 50 degrees.

Apparent-temperature-heat-index-in-degreThen with the crowd (more heat), lack of water, just an absolute disaster. I hope everyone in hospital is okay, and so awful that one person did pass away.

I saw online people saying it was as hot as 62 Celsius in there, and that the grass was covered with a metallic flooring ? What the fuck. And they had flames and shit pumping out for effects… like this sounds like taylor did a show in the pits of hell, I cannot fathom how much that crowd must’ve suffered. Really fucking horrible.

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce:

Wow this is horrible. Could this result in a lawsuit? I can’t imagine being outside in that temperature let alone surrounded by thousands of other’s body heat and no water??? It’s unbelievable that only one person died. Praying for her family and the people in the hospital 

What a tragic situation.. may Ana rest in peace.

This is really saddening to me as a frequent concert goer. I’ve even passed out at a concert before due to heat exhaustion/dehydration in the pit. Ever since then, I always make sure to have water with me when I attend a concert. I‘ll call beforehand to ask if venues permit attendees to bring in a sealed water bottle, but if they don’t, I’ll sneak one in. I’ve snuck in mini water bottles in my purse, full size water bottles wrapped in a jacket, and I’ve even snuck in Capri Sun pouches in my bra lol. There’s only been one time I’ve had my contraband water confiscated because I didn’t conceal it very well, but I was pleading with them to let me take it in anyway because I get really dehydrated, so as a compromise the guard told me he’d personally bring me a water once I got inside & he actually did. I take hydration very seriously.

This is something that could’ve definitely been prevented, and I hope venues rethink their water policy after this. Though in this situation the weather in the area was extreme, no matter what it still gets so hot inside general admission venues with the crowd all pressed together. I feel like in every general admission concert I’ve attended, I’ve seen multiple people pass out due to dehydration. At both the Kali Uchis & LDR Alabama concerts I attended this year, people were fainting before the show even began. Even if venues sell water inside, it’s usually very overpriced & general admission attendees may not want to give up their spot. I feel that all venues should allow attendees to bring in a sealed bottle of water. I really hope serious change sparks because of this x

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

2 hours ago, Stoned Mary in the Garden said:

Wow this is horrible. Could this result in a lawsuit? I can’t imagine being outside in that temperature let alone surrounded by thousands of other’s body heat and no water??? It’s unbelievable that only one person died. Praying for her family and the people in the hospital 

fans are trying to get a law to obligate organization of events (musical, cultural, etc) to offer water to the crowd, even a federal deputy is supporting this. i do feel this will make a change - and ii really hope T4F gets sued. a girl died and they put thousands other in danger this cannot pass by

Fly high Ana

Also someone said "why is she posting her statements in 1989 aesthetic have some respect", dude it's literally her handwriting how about YOU have some respect and not make the situation about damn handwriting when someone has DIED. 

This is incredibly upsetting, rip Ana. And i hope everyone else recovers quickly.

Also why were they not allowed water to begin with? Everyone knows you should have water as an essential to concerts and festivals etc etc. 

11 hours ago, Psychedelic Pussy said:

Oh ur totally right

She is a greedy cashgrab. Why would she have a bigger sense of responsibility or conscience than other millionairs? Just look at her private jet record.

On the other habd, people are just lunatic when it comes to her basic white girl pop and stan culture has reached a ridiculous level lately. 

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

I don’t want to blame Taylor and I definitely don’t think she is entirely at fault but there’s footage of her nearly choking on stage and she didn’t notice 1000 people passing out? She should of put a hold on the show as soon as she noticed.

The lives of individuals and yourself are more important than the business and I hope she’s learned that now.

1 hour ago, lemonadetan said:

the 2nd concert got postponed due to the heat

This is good, should have done it sooner before more people got in the venue but atleast it’s happening now.

Artists and managements need to be more thorough with their tours in regards to local venues- no full transparency= no concert.

TRAVIS should have been the end of this with major artists.

9 hours ago, Psychedelic Pussy said:

I saw online people saying it was as hot as 62 Celsius in there, and that the grass was covered with a metallic flooring ? What the fuck. And they had flames and shit pumping out for effects… like this sounds like taylor did a show in the pits of hell, I cannot fathom how much that crowd must’ve suffered. Really fucking horrible.

even she was struggling, there are videos of her hyperventilating and her body Red due to the heat 

there was a rumor yesterday that taylor canceled her saturday concert because she had an intense diarrhea crisis in her hotel room caused by the heat, i think they might’ve been trolling but i wouldn't be surprised if she or her crew were actually sick after the first show, they all (including sabrina carpenter) seemed to be struggling onstage 

18 minutes ago, iamjocelyn said:

there was a rumor yesterday that taylor canceled her saturday concert because she had an intense diarrhea crisis in her hotel room caused by the heat, i think they might’ve been trolling but i wouldn't be surprised if she or her crew were actually sick after the first show, they all (including sabrina carpenter) seemed to be struggling onstage 

Can I see this footage? 

18 hours ago, Let the Light In said:

People can just wait and see this show in two days where that fan will never be able to see it again.

okay but i’m talking about people who had flights for monday and had the intention of going to a show on saturday. there are donations right now to help give fans money for either the show on sunday or flight tickets for later in the week. hypothetically, they could “see this show in two days”, but we all know people will pay for flight tickets to the eras tour. there are many countries in South America that taylor isn’t going to that are flying to Brazil. it’s a bit rude to guilt trip people who don’t get to see a show they paid for with something like “well at least you’re not dead and can see taylor live in the future”. okay? eras tour tickets are so expensive for the average person, and people get tickets for a date because they know they can be there and rescheduling means people won’t be able to go. also keep in mind all the people who have been waiting outside in that heat, all for it to reschedule.

pskiQfS.jpeg

Your wife waters flowers, I wanna kill her