PARADIXO

1 dead and 1,000+ hospitalized at Taylor Swift concert in Brazil

Tragedia en Brasil: una fan de Taylor Swift murió de un paro cardíaco antes  de que empezara el show | TN

Ana Benavides (23) died from a cardiac arrest moments before Taylor Swift hit the stage in Rio de Janeiro due to the ongoing heat wave in the country, with temperatures higher than 50°C/122°F. Over 1,000 fainted and were hospitalized. Fans denounce they weren't allowed to enter the stadium with bottles of water and there wasn't any water available inside. Swift herself had to stop the show multiple times to ask the production to help the multitude with water. To worsen the situation, fans report that multiple "arrastaos" (groups of robbers running against people to take whatever they can as fast as possible) happened outside the stadium after the show.

Tonight's show wasn't canceled or delayed as expected, despite temperatures being higher today. Taylor Swift released a statement on Instagram but it was poorly received.

https://tn.com.ar/musica/noticias/2023/11/18/tragedia-en-brasil-una-fan-de-taylor-swift-murio-de-un-paro-cardiaco-antes-de-que-empezara-el-show/

First, i heard there was water and people in general admission just didn’t want to move and lose their place

Also i don’t understand why the statement is being revived badly? people saying she should post pone the show makes no sense to me, people fly from all over the world to be at the eras tour on a specific date. i’m sure at least a couple thousand of people there aren’t from brazil and have flown in from somewhere else. at least she tried to get them water. it’s a terrible situation though, i feel awful for the fan and their family

pskiQfS.jpeg

Your wife waters flowers, I wanna kill her 

Just now, crazyforyou said:

First, i heard there was water and people in general admission just didn’t want to move and lose their place

Also i don’t understand why the statement is being revived badly? people saying she should post pone the show makes no sense to me, people fly from all over the world to be at the eras tour on a specific date. i’m sure at least a couple thousand of people there aren’t from brazil and have flown in from somewhere else. at least she tried to get them water 

She was on the grades. There was no way people on there could get water, as non-official selling was prohibited inside the stadium and even if there were, they're usually expensive as hell which is completely illegal.

it’s been postponed. she must feel awful about the fan that passed 💔

also i was saying to someone the other day that i had a feeling people would pass away due to the eras tour, general admission is just so unsafe for this big of a crowd, it does way more harm than good. the worst part is that this is unlikely the last show that something like this will happen at.

pskiQfS.jpeg

Your wife waters flowers, I wanna kill her 

11 minutes ago, crazyforyou said:

also i was saying to someone the other day that i had a feeling people would pass away due to the eras tour, general admission is just so unsafe for this big of a crowd, it does way more harm than good. the worst part is that this is unlikely the last show that something like this will happen at.

Yes and for some reason people will say you’re being ignorant for saying this, but every ga show I have been to has been infinitely worse than when I had seats. I live in Arizona which gets to the temperatures Brazil was at for 4-6 months of the year, and there have been so many issues with people passing out at GA concerts.  Obviously the stadium had lots of issues but not being able to sit down, and the fact that with GA people camp out for days to get a good spot, definitely was a contributing factor and I don’t know why people on Twitter are going so hard to defend GA system lol. 

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

Thankful Taylor cancelled tonight's show and rescheduled it for Monday. We don't want anything like that to happen again, she made the correct call.

Mm9Nf5Z.gif

"I want to stay home, be left alone- Someone make up my mind so I don't have to decide"

https://www.last.fm/user/fakeeyelash13- my last fm <33

5 hours ago, crazyforyou said:

people saying she should post pone the show makes no sense to me, people fly from all over the world to be at the eras tour on a specific date.

People can just wait and see this show in two days where that fan will never be able to see it again.

LASSO

lasso.gif

SEPTEMBER 2024

2 minutes ago, Let the Light In said:

People can just wait and see this show in two days where that fan will never be able to see it again.

I get what some of you are saying by this, and postponing was 100% right. HOWEVER, it should’ve been done way sooner. I’m sure people were waiting under the sun all day, and now that they’re inside, the announcement comes. 

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

this shit is so scary to me, I immediately thought of Lana's show this year where some kind of fucked up domino effect happened in the pit. Thing's get crazy in there. 

I hope Taylor and the fan's who witnessed and were impacted are okay, heart-breaking news 

𝙸𝚝’𝚜 𝚐𝚒𝚟𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚏𝚒𝚐 𝚝𝚛𝚎𝚎, 𝙸𝚝’𝚜 𝚐𝚒𝚟𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚂𝚢𝚕𝚟𝚒𝚊 𝙿𝚕𝚊𝚝𝚑

This is really sad. This girl was at the happiest moment of her life.

The news are quite chaotic over here. Brazil is experiencing high temperatures this last week and is insane that the organization of the show (T4F) did not prepared for this. Lots of people passing out from heat and thirst