Elle

2023 Lipsters Awards - January 13th

On 12/23/2023 at 1:52 PM, Embach said:

You are so beautiful and your art is stunning aswell! <3

Thank you Queen :kiss:

1 hour ago, Embach said:

I submitted my nominees! :oop: Choosing the nominations for each category in the Lipsters Awards was probably one of the difficult things ever. We have so many amazing users here who have made this site a better place with their kindness, humor and great thoughts! But this time I skipped the categories which were "less positive" because I really couldn't think of many users for these categories. I also thought of sharing here which users I nominated in each category to hype and encourage others to nominate and vote for them but I won't because I'm scared that it would cause a big controversy. I don't really want anyone to feel left alone just because I forgot to nominate someone...:hillary: I might do a big post one day in the Members Appreciation Thread in the future for sure! I thought I won't do this, but it seems so fun seeing other do this, so this week I'll definitely do the "For Your Consideration" post for funsies hahah! :party:

I also can't think of anyone to nominate for the "roasting" categories, I genuinely haven't come across anyone who fits the bill  :daydream:

The cicadas in the sunset are your guide

I’ve just added Platinum Greenwich, Vivian, Beach Boys, Star Lux, and Disco (Version 2) to the list of eligible songs for Leak of the Year. If you haven’t voted yet, they are eligible!

tumblr-offofn-R8-LN1qj7kyho1-640.gif

.・゜゜・ ⋆·˚ ༘ * GIVE PEACE A CHANCE  ˚ ༘ ⋆。˚ ・゜゜・.

4 hours ago, That Venice Bitch said:

I also forgot about Your Girl V1 and Y&B Dan Heath Demo ;p  Those are added now~

Anyway, I voted!

Omg I kind of forgot Your Girl V1 was leaked this year…

stars in my eyes

⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 ‧₊°   

url%5D

I wasn't very sure in this until I had a fun edit idea, so yeah...Here I am. Don't take it too seriously, it's just for entertainment purposes. I don't really think I'm worth nominating in all of these categories, I'm just doing this for fun and it's kind of "introduction" for people who actually want to nominate me (but I think that's pretty much the function of "For your consideration" lol). If you nominated me in any of the categories, I'm very thankful from the bottom of my heart. Thank you for your support, I really appreciate that! So let's start:

EMBACH - FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION

ezgif-4-513e3e46ea.gif

~WHY? If you have seen a little icon of Lana opening the window aka my profile picture in the forum index at least three times a day then I would be the right candidate for this category. I might seem little crazy and annoying if I make posts in many threads but reason is that I've got many interesting thoughts to express and I think that LanaBoards is the right place for it!

url%5D

~WHY? Freaking out, nostalgic moments, sharing my favorite music - there isn't a better place for it than status updates. The perfect place to share and express my thoughts. I love to post status updates at least thrice a day.

ezgif-4-1b826cbd20.gif

~WHY? I do think that there are more beautiful usernames than mines but the reason I put this category for your consideration is that I simply love my username. I think out of all options I had, this one was the best one - in fact it was inspired by an Austrian village the same name. If you're trying to get name inspirations, believe me, you can find many beautiful names in Google Maps.

url%5D

~WHY? This is my favorite photo of Lana and I think it's one of her most underrated photos. It captures the essence of Honeymoon - my favorite album - quite well. Hot summer mornings, opening the window to see beautiful lands. My profile picture would symbolize me opening LanaBoards and reading what's new, lol just kidding.

url%5D

~WHY? I think any person who listens to Lana Del Rey has a brilliant taste in music. My favorite LDR album is Honeymoon, which is also my favorite album of all-time. My other favorite LDR albums are Lust For Life and Ultraviolence. I'm one of those fans who equally loves "the old Lana" before Lust For Life and "the new Lana" after Lust For Life. I do believe that her current lyrical work is excellent and fantastic, her strongest and I do believe that her instrumentals were at strongest during Honeymoon era. I also enjoy the works of Lizzy Grant - AKA is one of my favorite album and I have enjoyed it ever since I became a stan. Timeless work. I also listen to many other artists like Florence + The Machine and Princess Chelsea, which I talk more about in the Hybrid Fan category.

url%5D

~WHY? I have always tried to cheer people up when they're sad, I always want to share kindness because I think it's something what the world needs, especially during complex times like these because I know that kindness gives us hope for the better future. Remember, you're always loved!

ur

~WHY? Even though I have been an user here for six months, I feel like I have been a member here for a longer time. I think as a new member I have contributed here a lot with my thoughts and threads, which ideas I had for a long time and planned to create here. When I finally created my account here, I used my ideas to make threads for topics I wanted to expand here.

url%5D

~WHY? I might not deserve it because I have never seen her live nor I don't have any big merch collection of hers AND I know that there are many people here who 100% have more knowledge about Lana than me but I've known and loved Lana ever since I saw her and Video Games on TV in Autumn 2011. But the older I got, the more interested I was in her, when in late 2016 and especially in February 2017 when I became a stan of hers. Since then, I tried to learn about her life and music as much as I could, by reading many articles about her and I think I have read the Lana Del Rey Wiki page so many times through and through because I wanted to know who she is and what's her music about. Also, I have done my research on her recording process behind every of her albums, especially Honeymoon and Lust For Life eras (I've analyzed the latter for three years), that's why I am so hungry for any kind of new information about those eras. I have also read so many old wholesome newspaper articles about young Lizzy which was probably my favorite discovery this year. I think the most important thing in stanning someone is the great knowledge about the artist because this is the only way you can solely understand and analyze her music. It's kind of like making the passion, you have for an artist, more deeper. I've done the same with other artists, I love and adore.

url%5D

~WHY? I love music and I love and listen to many many other artists besides Lana AND Lizzy Grant (I'm a Lizzy Grant stan too). I listen to Princess Chelsea, Florence + The Machine, Marina Diamandis, Lorde, Emma Louise, PJ Harvey, Lykke Li, Tamino, Tame Impala, Arctic Monkeys, Beyoncé, Dua Lipa, Rihanna, Cigarettes After Sex and Nostalghia. I have also tried to promote some of my underrated favorites here by sharing their music here and making threads for them! Oh and I also love film and TV series too, I watch honestly any kind of films, preferably drama.

url%5D

~WHY? I don’t start fights but I’ll stop them all by any means! :et: I love intense discussions about interesting topics but there's no need to fight over stupid arguments. I think forum should be a peaceful zone without any kind of stupid fighting. I've witnessed many fights here and I've tried to stop as many fights as I could.

url%5D

~WHY? I think that would mean a lot to me because I've been enganged in graphic design for almost five years. I love editing, I love to express myself artistically. Art means a lot to me, I paint and draw in real life too. Feel free to explore my edits by clicking here!

url%5D

~WHY? I don't really know if I really deserve it but I do think that I have contributed in this forum a lot with many of my threads (I feel like I've done at least 20 threads these past 6 months). I also feel like I have been part of this site for a longer time now and it's partially true when I discovered this website in December 2020 and tried to learn it and its atmosphere for almost 3 years as a lurker, until I had more time to contribute and actually make an account here. One of the best decisions I've ever made in my life!

~Also if you want to, please nominate my created thread Funny/Cringe/No Context Internet Content About Lana as Thread Of The Year. It's one of those threads where we found and roasted painfully cringe or/and funny comments about Lana from Internet and social media. I think it marks special aspect of 2023 LDR's fandom where she and her music were very viral all over the place and brought new fans, also haters and many new trends associated to her. Those trends (whether it's the coquette or LDR vinyl trend) brought a lot of cringe content for us to roast.

:sluttybunny:

url%5D

Just a reminder that you all have about 30 hours left to submit your noms if you haven’t already! Nominate now or forever hold your peace! :hype2:

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

finally submitted! barely in time oopsies but wanted to put some thought into my noms :wub: 

Spoiler

and im a procrastinator 

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7gqsj2bjkxgmq77zi79zc36i0w705phy1th23hnvz&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

⁺.⊹ ࣪ ˖  𝒸𝒶𝓉𝒸𝒽 𝒶 𝓌𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓉𝒶𝓀𝑒 𝒾𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝓌𝑒𝑒𝓉𝓃𝑒𝓈𝓈 ₊˚.༄

Nominations are now closed! Thank you to everyone who submitted! I’ll work on tallying the top 5 noms for each category tomorrow, and the voting round will begin in a day or two! Xx 

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

Please I thought @Embach’s post was the official nominee announcements :lange:

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

16 minutes ago, Mer said:

Please I thought @Embach’s post was the official nominee announcements :lange:

Sorry for the delay, they’ll be up tomorrow!! It’s just taken me a bit since I was pretty much recovering all day yesterday from NYE skdjsks x

1 hour ago, Elle said:

Sorry for the delay, they’ll be up tomorrow!! It’s just taken me a bit since I was pretty much recovering all day yesterday from NYE skdjsks x

Is my name in the nominations?