Elle

Indio, CA @ Coachella: Weekend 1 - April 12th, 2024

22 minutes ago, Chemtrail said:

Locals just means people who don't know all her songs because they're not obsessed... there is no implication of someone being better than someone else. Don't be weird

I never understand this term, shouldn’t be the other way around, locals of a place knowing more than tourists?

LASSO

lasso.gif

SEPTEMBER 2024

I think she should just perform whatever songs she wants to from her catalog, which is pretty vast at this point, even excluding unreleased material. I wouldn't want her to sing Video Games or Summertime Sadness because fans expect it. We should want her to be true to herself and what she's feeling in a given moment, even though I'm sure the setlist is established in advance. 

At this point, she's almost like Tori Amos in regard to the size of her catalog; so if Lana were to sing two or three of your favorites while you're at her show, I think you have to be grateful. Like most artists, she's probably going to do more material from recent or new albums than older ones. 

has anyone else noticed how well "hope is a dangerous thing" with lana's hologram replaced the first part of A&W? you know, before the "jimmy jimmy coco puff" starts, she sings "I'm invisible, I'm invisible, I'm a ghost now" and also in hope she sings "calling from beyond the grave", and I think that's why they used the hologram

6 minutes ago, bluechemtrails said:

has anyone else noticed how well "hope is a dangerous thing" with lana's hologram replaced the first part of A&W? you know, before the "jimmy jimmy coco puff" starts, she sings "I'm invisible, I'm invisible, I'm a ghost now" and also in hope she sings "calling from beyond the grave", and I think that's why they used the hologram

can anyone help me figure this out lol- i also can’t tell if it’s intentional or was a sound error but as she says “notepad” in hope it sounds like a gunshot?

but that could literally be delusion and a speaker falling over or something can someone listen back and let me know what they think lol

giphy.gif

Call me crazy but my favorite performance was Ocean Eyes 🙊 It was kind of new and it was so good considring that she sang that for the first time. With Lana's band, the song kind of reminded me of COTCC, like the vibes.

url%5D

10 minutes ago, Orville Peck said:

I must say I loved Hope Is A Dangerous Thing performance... but her voice and the hologram were out of sync. :lmao:

I tried to find some video earlier but couldnt. Do you know of any way to watch it?

jealous girl vocals are....different?! maybe she re-recorded them?! or it's just a different mix...:stareney2:

by the way she looked so good....but yeah set list is..... :rip:...at least we have without you and west coast.... :runs:

24 minutes ago, Let the Light In said:

I never understand this term, shouldn’t be the other way around, locals of a place knowing more than tourists?

Locals meaning pedestrian. Meaning basic in taste.

Locals here meaning what your neighbors are blasting. What the frats are blasting.

It’s not meant to be compared to “tourists”. Th origin meaning is an insult for having basic general public taste.

Idk if anyone has said that here but the second dress she wore later that night was a Dolce & Gabbana dress!

url%5D

51 minutes ago, Trash Magic said:

Ugh the outro was so so good. That right there is something to build an entire set around. Could've been a big Gatsby party with some reworkings of songs with more big band live instrumentation. But Alas.

interestingly, Billboard compared the set with a Gatsby Mansion, and I think they're right

https://www.billboard.com/music/pop/coachella-2024-lana-del-rey-festival-headliner-recap-1235655739/

1 hour ago, cyberbunnyboops said:

I cannot get over the fact that she didn‘t sing coachella - woodstock on my mind :crai: the crowd would have lost their shit

I still love her, I just hate myself for having high expectations, like singing songs from Honeymoon :crying5: truly a queen of chaos and disaster 

Probably will do it on the second date…

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

Just woke up and the first thing I had to do was watch, so here are my initial thoughts:

When the set started, I was genuinely kind of shocked. Three songs in a row that she hasn’t played since pre-Covid times?? She definitely seemed kind of nervous and timid at first, but she warmed up after a few tracks. 

Then it segued into her usual set list. The notable exception was Candy Necklaces. A total highlight for me. We finally got it and Jon ate.

I agree that she definitely felt subdued through the set. I’m not sure if it was necessarily the time of day, but it could have been a factor. I think she was laser focused and knew how big this was, especially for the fans. I’ve noticed that when she gets really focused, she tends to slow down a bit. 

I’m not the biggest Billie fan, but the part with her was nice. I have mixed feelings on Jack too, but there was something charming about seeing him on piano. 

Overall, it was nice, quaint and elegant, but I wasn’t totally blown or way or shocked by it. I’m pleasantly surprised she didn’t go full country. No offense. I had a quasi-nightmare the other day that she only played country songs. While I don’t mind some of those tracks, it wouldn’t have fit with Coachella vibes.

So, I’m not disappointed with the performance. I guess I have a neutral response. It was nice to hear a few different tracks and get some guest appearances. Candy Necklaces topped it off for me. 

By the way, is it just me, or was there a noodling around between songs that sounded like Summer Bummer at one point? I’m not the biggest fan of that song, but I actually wouldn’t have minded it for something different. 

C9-EB944-D-53-AE-42-A7-A3-CE-EF6-DA48879