Elle

Indio, CA @ Coachella: Weekend 1 - April 12th, 2024

literally no one asked but I just rewatched the show and here are my notes I took this time: 

- jealous girl intro motorcycle ride up to the stage.. what can I even say.. will go down as an iconic moment of her career

- her look..  what can I EVEN say.. also will go down as an iconic look of her career

- Without you was a cute first song! I have everything I want money notoriety and rivieras is a helluva lyric to kick off a headlining performance with!

- West Coast!!! wish she sang more but extremely extremely cunty moment.. the way I gasped when the first notes started playing.... and her literally singing on the balcony while singing on the balcony and I'm singing???? I was gaggeddd

- Doin Time was a really good pick for this festival!! (also made me so happy to hear bc I looooove it)

- her visible anxiety through the start was more endearing than detracting from anything and she really found her voice during the beginning of PWYC, but unfortunately that didn't last long as the mic issues with high notes began at the end of that song

- for the rest of her performance she was understandably struggling to manage the mic and I felt that because of that she couldn't really get emotionally into the songs which was extremely unfortunate

- I really had zero issues with the setlist up until then (except wishing some of the transitions had flowed better) but the vibe/energy went massively downhill with Bartender/Chemtrails/The Grants (I say this as someone who loves all of these songs, but there's a time and a place for everything!!), I think modifying the rest of the setlist like below could have worked wonders while not being too unrealistic

Spoiler

9. ⁠⁠⁠⁠Bartender   Serial Killer / You Can The Boss / pick ur favourite cunty unreleased 

Burnt Norton (instrumental interlude)

10. Chemtrails Over the Country Club  High By The Beach

11. The Grants   The Blackest Day

12. Did you know that there’s a tunnel under ocean blvd 

13. Norman f*ing Rockwell MAC

14. Arcadia

(new) Trio the Interlude

(new) 15. Cinnamon Girl / Tulsa Jesus Freak (medley or both shortened versions or something)

16. Candy Necklace ft. Jon Batiste

17. Ocean Eyes (both Lana and Billie)

18. Video Games (both Lana and Billie)

(19) Hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but I have it  

19. A&W

20. Young and Beautiful

- LOVED LOVED LOVED Candy Necklaces with Jon probably the highlight of the show for me. he brought exactly the energy that was needed and their improv/adlibbing was so satisfying... Lana's vocals always shine on this song and tonight was no exception despite the mic issues.. also the pole moment..aah.. 

- also loved Billie's part it was so wholesome <3 even if she kind of ate Lana up lmao

- I like the idea of the hologram / SNL reference and I like Hope as a song but I'm not sure we needed that to eat up so many minutes allotted time for her to do an outfit change to perform two more songs.. also did not care to see Jack play piano

- the ending still felt a bit abrupt to me on my second watch, the theatrics were fun, but I really don't think Y&B is a song that winds down the crowd or wraps up the set too well

- overall she could have done less of pointing the mic at the audience, at her own shows sure we love to scream our hearts out, but maybe not entirely appropriate for Coachella... or at least I can understand why many would find it weird

- she really kept her composure well despite the sound issues and gave it her best!! feel so proud of her

All in all I'm very glad that we have this in HQ and it had many memorable moments which I'm sure we'll look back on fondly, even though I can't say it has become my favourite Lana performance! Also it's the way a week ago I wasn't even expecting anything particular from this lmaoo.. the way we collectively egged each other's delusions on here over the past few days needs to be studied by sociologists. But it wouldn't have been half as fun without you all :kiss2:

Hoping there are no sound issues next week and Lana enjoys herself!!! I will be tuning in with excitement!! 

6 minutes ago, avemariaa said:

Anyone else disappointed she didn't preform any unreleased songs at Coachella last night? The sound check teases got me :candy:

never trust a soundcheck my dear :smokes:  but yes a little 

this whole set was designed almost like a Great Gatsby's party - just like a celebration of Lana's career. and this is where it's interesting:

in The Great Gatsby - Gatsby was surrounded himself with the glamour, the parties, the rich, the extravaganza, the wealthy of it all and some how that was what caged him, he was a rich man but he was never free from his own wealth and social status and he died alone, inside of his own big mansion.

Here, we see Lana came to the party, partied hard and then get on a biker and just get away from that party while the Yound And Beautiful jazz version fading in the back as the show ends, this shows Lana has "seen the world, had her best cake, had her ball, had her fame and had her time with fame" and at the end, instead of ended up like Gatsby, she managed to escape from all of it on the biker - which means that she can never be prison to that "gatsby" curse and she will always know how to escape from it to find her own freedom - hence why she uses the bikers that referenced the Ride MV at the beginning of the show and when the show ends.

Lana - the genius that you are.

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

i don’t think this is as bad as a lot of people are making it out to be, and i definitely don’t think it is as bad of a set as i did a few hours ago BUT it goes back the same issue that a lot of things do with Lana and that’s the fact that she has too many yes men around her.

YCY3W7s.jpg

1 minute ago, Crazy for You said:

20240413-223707.gif

get it lanita latina:dance:im still not over thus moment

OK, I take back part of what I posted late last night. This seems to be her best way of performing. Have pole will travel. 

7 minutes ago, Ultraviolencequeen said:

Do we think she’s doing the same entrance next weekend?? I fucking hope someone ask wally

I would feel ripped off if i had weekend 2 tix and she didnt. 

The only thing I don’t get is why she changed her outfit at the very end just to sing A&W and Young and Beautiful 

she should have brought jack out like mid set and done the hologram/outfit change then 

"Don’t forget me"

9 minutes ago, SalvaWHORE said:

and at the end, instead of ended up like Gatsby, she managed to escape from all of it on the biker - which means that she can never be prison to that "gatsby" curse and she will always know how to escape from it to find her own freedom - hence why she uses the bikers that referenced the Ride MV at the beginning of the show and when the show ends.

:wowcry: 

Lana’s stylists made these custom crewnecks for Lana’s friends lol -

IMG-5461

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

Just now, Elle said:

Lana’s stylists made these custom crewnecks for Lana’s friends lol -

IMG-5461

I need one of these right now actually 

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・