Elle

Indio, CA @ Coachella: Weekend 1 - April 12th, 2024

3 hours ago, Unknown said:

You know what... Ive been thinking about it and Bartender + Interlude, Hope is a dangerous thing, Arcadia and the extended version of Candy Necklace really have no place in a FESTIVAL set list - especially one as big as coachella. Most people in the audience arent stans and wont know those songs... all they do is take up a lot of time and kill any momentum. I dont know what the hell shes thinking. To shorten West Coast to less than half the song (the majority of which she didnt even sing) and then spend ages singing Bartender makes absolutely no sense.There are many other bigger songs such as Blue Jeans, National Anthem, Brooklyn Baby, Shades of Cool, Venice Bitch and Thunder (to name a few) that would fit better and that general festival goers might actually enjoy. I still think venice bitch with the fireworks is the perfect closer and I have no idea why she scrapped it :toofunny:

1 hour ago, Unknown said:

I agree with this especially for her own concerts/tours but she should also be mindful about the audience at festivals in particular. She obviously should care whether the audience enjoys the show.

I completely agree as well, I honestly don't mind that setlist. A lot of fans are obviously familiar with those songs, but at a festival (especially coachella which is huge) there's going to be people who aren't fans going to see a different artist. So you kinda have to keep that in mind, your set should probably cater to a wider audience instead of just her own. If it was her own tour, it would be fine, I personally would still enjoy it.

Hearing that people are leaving in the middle of her set shows that the audience isn't on the same page. I understand how those songs are very meaningful to her and the growth of her career (which I actually love that idea as a fan it's sentimental), but it just doesn't make sense for a headliner at Coachella. I don't think everyone would understand some of the references, but it would be totally different if it was her own tour. She also needs to understand she's performing as the last act of the night at 11:20 after people have been standing in the desert all day long. Love her to death, but she just needs to swap out a couple songs, I think it would keep the audience more engaged.

Even changing the order by swapping those higher energy songs that are more popular like west coast or doin time that are already in her set between the slower ones to break it up a little would help a ton imo. I don't think it helps she leaves the slower songs towards the end of her set. I'm just trying to look at it realistically, If I wasn't a fan and heard 5 piano Ballards in row, I probably would leave as well :eek: 

At the end of the day it's her show so she can do what she wants, I just think she needs to consider these things more

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7gqsj2bjkxgmq77zi79zc36i0w705phy1th23hnvz&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

⁺.⊹ ࣪ ˖  𝒸𝒶𝓉𝒸𝒽 𝒶 𝓌𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓉𝒶𝓀𝑒 𝒾𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝓌𝑒𝑒𝓉𝓃𝑒𝓈𝓈 ₊˚.༄

38 minutes ago, violettiaras said:

Right, cause didn’t Jen stith’s sister say Lana thought people hated Margaret throughout Taco Truck x VB? Sometimes I wonder what goes on in her head 

tbf, once the album was released there were some critics and people online complaining that those songs were too different from the rest of album, so i can see where she was coming from at the time

It’s funny that people think the woman who has been complaining about fame since Honeymoon is really trying to bring in new fans :bebe:

she said she didn’t care about losing fans, period, way back in 2017 and her actions since then prove her stance. Either you like her for who she is, or you don’t. 

do I wish the setlist was a bit different? Yeah. But like I said while the show was happening, book Lana get Lana. It was authentically her, and what she wanted to do, even if I cringed the second Bartender/Arcadia/Grants started playing, gotta respect her vision. 

"Don’t forget me"

41 minutes ago, shadesofblue said:

I completely agree as well, I honestly don't mind that setlist. A lot of fans are obviously familiar with those songs, but at a festival (especially coachella which is huge) there's going to be people who aren't fans going to see a different artist. So you kinda have to keep that in mind, your set should probably cater to a wider audience instead of just her own. If it was her own tour, it would be fine, I personally would still enjoy it.

Hearing that people are leaving in the middle of her set shows that the audience isn't on the same page. I understand how those songs are very meaningful to her and the growth of her career (which I actually love that idea as a fan it's sentimental), but it just doesn't make sense for a headliner at Coachella. I don't think everyone would understand some of the references, but it would be totally different if it was her own tour. She also needs to understand she's performing as the last act of the night at 11:20 after people have been standing in the desert all day long. Love her to death, but she just needs to swap out a couple songs, I think it would keep the audience more engaged.

Even swapping one or two in the middle of the ballards would help a ton or at the very least changing the order by swapping those higher energy songs that are already in her set between the slower ones to break it up a little. I don't think it helps she leaves the slower songs towards the end of her set. I'm just trying to look at it realistically, If I wasn't a fan and heard 5 piano Ballards in row, I probably would leave as well :eek: 

At the end of the day it's her show so she can do what she wants though

i think it’s not just the setlist. What made me fall in love with Lana was her presence, her mystique, what was in her eyes when she sings. Her own way to sing words and make you feel them. When i saw her live in 2013 it was unique. 

Don’t get me wrong, she is still my number one, but if I saw her for the first time at Coachella this weekend and knew nothing about her, i don’t think i could have experience that mystical moment. 
years have passed and she has changed, for the best, but i also feel her a little less present on stage.

tumblr_inline_ovyzoflKp61qlt39u_250.gifv
fire eater 

Is there a download link for the concert?

Every youtube video got down, I really wish I could watch the show 

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Aline said:

I think if you have YouTube premium you can but other than that, I don't believe so. I've been contemplating getting it just so I can keep the vid since this keeps happening

jk I found this: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bo1r4G7hoLHhobRLSM0Ul0ole0jNrjUV/view

hopefully this is okay to post 

Edited by shadesofblue

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7gqsj2bjkxgmq77zi79zc36i0w705phy1th23hnvz&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

⁺.⊹ ࣪ ˖  𝒸𝒶𝓉𝒸𝒽 𝒶 𝓌𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓉𝒶𝓀𝑒 𝒾𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝓌𝑒𝑒𝓉𝓃𝑒𝓈𝓈 ₊˚.༄

10 minutes ago, shadesofblue said:

I think if you have YouTube premium you can but other than that, I don't believe so. I've been contemplating getting it just so I can keep the vid since this keeps happening

I have YouTube premium but nothing extra shows up for me :/ unless I’m looking in the wrong place

EDIT: oh sorry you meant to download it, then yeah but idk if it stays there after it’s taken down 

13.04.2018 Rome - Lana wore my hat! 

Dying by the hand of a foreign man, Happily
Calling out my name in the summer rain, Ciao amore

17 minutes ago, Aline said:

If you google "lana del rey coachella sharemania" you'll find a couple links, but sharemania does make you sign up before you can download anything and I haven't got around to doing it -- it will keep trying to re-route you to ads, so the site is kind of a pain.

2 hours ago, Thats why they call me Dita said:

I agree but also is that the right move? To sing a catalogue of songs which aren’t particularly the style of song you put out anymore? 

Why did she sing Diet Mountain Dew last year then? :um2: 

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

Somethings that doesnt make sense for me at all (about setlist)

Why she dont sing Say Yes To Heaven (her biggest hit on this decade so far)

Why she dont sing Art Deco (the whole production of the set screams Art Deco)

Why she still sings Bartender And Arcadia (cute songs but not for festivals)

Why she didnt end the set with If You Lay Down Next Me Outro? It would sounds perfect because its a fox trote just like the song she played

Why she played Hope and not Margaret with Jack? The Biggest song on tunnel

ALSO

Why Taylor atend Ice and Bleachers Set and not Lana one?

Why Margaret didnt atend?

:hoe:

Screenshot-20240415-160402-Instagram.jpg

:flutter:

𝒎𝒂𝒚𝒃𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒘𝒂𝒚 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒊'𝒎 𝘭𝘪𝘷𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝒊𝒔 𝘬𝘪𝘭𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝒎𝒆

✧ ˖°. ⋆⭒˚。⋆. * : ✧ . : * : ☆ * ✧ ˖°. ⋆⭒˚。⋆ °.  ✧ ˖°

9 minutes ago, takemybreath said:

Screenshot-20240415-160402-Instagram.jpg

:flutter:

The funniest part of them posting her is she is doing a career that has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with her degree and she has never once spoken about doing to Fordham but they stan her so slayyyyy

I can't stop looking at pics & video edits from every fan account on Instagram.

Like SHE (pictured) really just showed up... wtf

FN05CLgXMAA4SVD.jpg:large

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

4 hours ago, shadesofblue said:

jk I found this: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bo1r4G7hoLHhobRLSM0Ul0ole0jNrjUV/view

hopefully this is okay to post 

Thank you!!! I was kicking myself for not screen recording it! 🩵🦢🩵

🫧 ELVIS WHERE ARE YOU WHEN I NEED YOU MOST 🫧

tumblr_inline_npxzudKmZ21szaa83_250.gifv

🫧 I CAN’T HELP BUT FEEL SOMEWHAT LIKE MY BODY MARRED MY SOUL🫧

I just realised we never heard from our resident barricade babe @Joshie… how was your experience? Xx

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

1 minute ago, The Siren said:

does anybody have a video and/or audio rip of the livestream?

Scroll up two comments. In my quoted text, that’s a download link.

🫧 ELVIS WHERE ARE YOU WHEN I NEED YOU MOST 🫧

tumblr_inline_npxzudKmZ21szaa83_250.gifv

🫧 I CAN’T HELP BUT FEEL SOMEWHAT LIKE MY BODY MARRED MY SOUL🫧