Sign in to follow this  
PARADIXO

List of Lipsters Awards achievements

38 minutes ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

3. No shade to anyone on the list (I'm on there myself) buti t's boring to have the same people win everything

I def think there's a correlation here between winners and people who change their screen names, and even their PFPs, the least. I still don't know where @Burthday Kake and @palemoonbaby (who thankfully just changed their name back to this original one) went when they changed their entire profile. I think that's why we're seeing the same people get nommed a lot, bc they're more in our memories when it's time to do submissions. 

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

56 minutes ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

To be fair, I think when I first joined, people didn't understand my humour and thought I was hatin' (although there may've been some genuine frustration because this was around the NFR era)

I love you but you don't understand me 

ANYWAY congratulations to everyone else on the list but I personally think we should make a rule that you can't be nommed for more than 3 categories per year because:

1. I think people tend to forget names when nominating and reuse the same well-known ones in many categories. Like one year I had like 7 nominations including for best AND worst username 

2. As a consequence of #1, users who don't post as often seem to be overlooked and that's a shame. Quality not quantity

And

3. No shade to anyone on the list (I'm on there myself) buti t's boring to have the same people win everything

It's more fun to share it around

Just my onion 

I love onions grill it season it sauté it 🧅

7 minutes ago, kitschesque said:

Not that active nowadays but I'm glad the kiki continues each year! :wubna:

Bekim being mentioned gave me war flashbacks asdfghj

and leaked_version :toofunny:

29 minutes ago, Beautiful Loser said:

This, or maybe make it a rule that a winner of a category from a previous year can’t be nominated in the same category in the next award season. :nails:

Yeah but this wouldn't really stop the sweeps (where ppl just put the same name cos they can't think of anyone else). Plus idk that people would necessarily remember/read who won the previous year

Like every year our company does awards like this and all the people who work at the head office always win almost everything because everyone knows them (whereas a nominee from our office would only be known by others in our office, so they never win)

As a result no one rly cares or bothers with it

But I think more winners = more participation and more people feeling appreciated and we should definitely find a way to do that, however we happen to go about it :agree:

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

i don't think there should be any rules on how many nominations/awards somebody gets, let the people themselves vote and decide, if somebody sweeps, they sweep :whatever2: it would be more of a genuine reflection on how lanaboards feels about the userbase

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

7 minutes ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

Yeah but this wouldn't really stop the sweeps (where ppl just put the same name cos they can't think of anyone else). Plus idk that people would necessarily remember/read who won the previous year

Like every year our company does awards like this and all the people who work at the head office always win almost everything because everyone knows them (whereas a nominee from our office would only be known by others in our office, so they never win)

As a result no one rly cares or bothers with it

But I think more winners = more participation and more people feeling appreciated and we should definitely find a way to do that, however we happen to go about it :agree:

It’s definitely difficult, especially between album cycles when less people are active.. I’m on the boards a lot less too and so it’s easy to nominate the most active and household names (as those are the ones I see on the occasions I log on)- especially as those more active are more likely to campaign (which definitely influenced some of my noms).. not sure how to get around that though- besides trying to get more people to campaign 

S0F1O.gif
dancing all night to the dirty blues 

Not allowing to participate after a win would the same as if an actor is not allowed to be nominated for Best Actor anymore :toofunny: but I understand where they are coming from

url%5D

1 hour ago, Mer said:

I still don't know where @Burthday Kake and @palemoonbaby (who thankfully just changed their name back to this original one) went when they changed their entire profile.

idk if you were able to find it already but burthday kake is now @one time beauty queen and she was a nom this year :wub: 

hyz6.gif

59 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

i don't think there should be any rules on how many nominations/awards somebody gets, let the people themselves vote and decide, if somebody sweeps, they sweep :whatever2: it would be more of a genuine reflection on how lanaboards feels about the userbase

But is it really a "genuine reflection" when people are just copy/pasting their friend and/or a well-known user into 10 different categories? 

Asking people to only nom a given user in up to 3 categories would force them to consider which categories they most deserve and imo makes it more authentic

It's difficult to make the argument that any single user could deserve more than 3 awards a year when there are 20k people on here (and at least 250 of those post a few times a week). 

I think it should be about appreciation and acknowledgement, not ego stroking in the form of award sweeping 

No one needs more than 3 to feel appreciated and acknowledged

:oopna2:

ETA: there is also a very clear and direct correlation between how active someone is and how many awards they get.

The year I got 7 nominations and won 3 awards was the year I was on here all the time. The same is true for you, Surf Noir, and for other users such as LanaDelRey who swept the awards in past years.

I'm not saying people didn't deserve their awards or that anyone is doing anything wrong by voting for popular users, all I'm sayin' is: is this what we want the vote to be based on (cos atm it kinda is)? Or do we wanna take steps to make people think more about who they're nominating?

I mean it ain't that deep but I think it's worth consideration.

11 minutes ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

But is it really a "genuine reflection" when people are just copy/pasting their friend and/or a well-known user into 10 different categories? 

Asking people to only nom a given user in up to 3 categories would force them to consider which categories they most deserve and imo makes it more authentic

It's difficult to make the argument that any single user could deserve more than 3 awards a year when there are 20k people on here (and at least 250 of those post a few times a week). 

I think it should be about appreciation and acknowledgement, not ego stroking in the form of award sweeping 

I will admit I voted 111 for most of the "bad" awards even though I am oblivious to who they are, I just assumed they were "bad" cause they were nominated for them all :toofloppy: I don't think I ever even seen their username before answering the questions and still don't know who they are.

1 minute ago, Barry said:

I will admit I voted 111 for most of the "bad" awards even though I am oblivious to who they are, I just assumed they were "bad" cause they were nominated for them all :toofloppy: I don't think I ever even seen their username before answering the questions and still don't know who they are.

Yeah and I mean you did nothing wrong by doing that cos I think we've all done that

But it'd be good if we could get more variety in the nominations

Anyways sorry @PARADIXO I did not mean to hijack

:popcorn:

𝒎𝒂𝒚𝒃𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒘𝒂𝒚 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒊'𝒎 𝘭𝘪𝘷𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝒊𝒔 𝘬𝘪𝘭𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝒎𝒆

✧ ˖°. ⋆⭒˚。⋆. * : ✧ . : * : ☆ * ✧ ˖°. ⋆⭒˚。⋆ °.  ✧ ˖°

Just now, Rorman Nockwell said:

Yeah and I mean you did nothing wrong by doing that cos I think we've all done that

But it'd be good if we could get more variety in the nominations

Anyways sorry @PARADIXO I did not mean to hijack

no it’s okay, this thread was meant for discussion! I think the most realistic way to fix this is to have less categories, since there’s a few that are very similar and people tend to nominate the same users as they run out of ideas. But at the end of the day it’s just the way it is. I love the Lipsters so I always try to analyse who to vote before submitting, going through threads trying to remember who I liked the most, etc. but some people simply nominate their friends but it’s okay too.

53 minutes ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

ETA: there is also a very clear and direct correlation between how active someone is and how many awards they get.

The year I got 7 nominations and won 3 awards was the year I was on here all the time. The same is true for you, Surf Noir, and for other users such as LanaDelRey who swept the awards in past years.

I'm not saying people didn't deserve their awards or that anyone is doing anything wrong by voting for popular users, all I'm sayin' is: is this what we want the vote to be based on (cos atm it kinda is)? Or do we wanna take steps to make people think more about who they're nominating?

I mean it ain't that deep but I think it's worth consideration.

i think we should advocate for people to take more time to decide who to submit nominations for in each categories so it's more diverse, it doesn't help that there's not really a list with the most active/frequently online users, something i face when submitting nominations is that i forget certain people and later on i'll come across somebody's post and realized i could've submitted them, it can be easy to just submit the most well-known users and whoever comes to mind in the moment, we do get a few weeks to submit nominations but i'm sure a lot of us do it right away, but perhaps it would be a better idea to take our time and to refresh our memories on a larger number of users so it leads to more diverse nominations, it makes sense as to why popular and well-known members end up being nominated, but there's many users here who are very much deserving of some recognition, but in my personal opinion, i don't really think there should be any restrictions, i feel like that'll take some of the fun and lightheartedness out of it, however, we really should encourage users to take their time to decide who they'll nominate, and to not just submit their friends (i'm guilty of doing that, but i wouldn't nominate them for things such as best username or hottest member if i didn't believe they were worthy of the category) or just submit the most popular/well-known users because it's easier to do so

at the end of the day, it's just an online awards show for a niche internet community that doesn't actually hold any weight in real life, and i'd argue the most exciting and fulfilling aspect is just simply coming together, celebrating our community as a whole, and roleplaying as some sort of character, that's honestly my favorite part, i always look forward to roleplaying as lizzy lol

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

We should make it so I get to win at least 5 awards every year:agree2:

edit: realizing I need to change my signature but too lazy to do it:bebe:

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

15 minutes ago, honey dew said:

Idk how feasible it would be considering the sheer number of posts on here but I would like to see a Post of the Year category next time. I've seen some posts here that have changed my life..

I was thinking this earlier. There are some really well-considered, insightful posts on here. Those who take the time to post quality contributions deserve recognition :agree:

Just now, Rorman Nockwell said:

I was thinking this earlier. There are some really well-considered, insightful posts on here. Those who take the time to post quality contributions deserve recognition :agree:

And also just some truly shocking displays of mental illness that need to be given a spotlight