Elle

Lasso - Pre-Release Thread: OUT September 2024

14 minutes ago, Daytona Beach Sparkler said:

RIP Lasso I hope you're enjoying Scrapped Album Heaven along with Rock Candy Sweet, American Standards and Classics, and the others :xcry:

:icant:

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Good. Then she has a chance to release more MVs to Ocean Blvd era 😔

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

11 hours ago, Thats why they call me Dita said:

I always liked the title rock candy sweet, I wish she’d bring it back 

Certainly better than Blue Banisters (which is her blandest and most singer-songwriter album title to date).

That being said, Rock Candy Sweet just wouldn't have worked as an album title since she gave the song containing those lyrics to Euphoria.

Also, it sounds too rock-ish and overpromising for the boring drivel that BB ended up being. Sorry to BB fans.

I have faith in Lasso as strange as that seems in times like these:trisha:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

I mean, Henry, come on

Do you think I'd really choose it?

All this off and on, Henry, come on

I mean baby, come on

Do you think I'd really lose it on ya?

If you did nothing wrong, Henry, come on

Last call, hey y'all, hang his hat up on the wall

Tell him that his cowgirl is gone, come on and giddy up

url%5D

url%5D

44 minutes ago, Embach said:

I mean, Henry, come on

Do you think I'd really choose it?

All this off and on, Henry, come on

I mean baby, come on

Do you think I'd really lose it on ya?

If you did nothing wrong, Henry, come on

Last call, hey y'all, hang his hat up on the wall

Tell him that his cowgirl is gone, come on and giddy up

url%5DLiv

Lives were changed this day.

i mean if we don’t get lasso…

we definitely get dnc 

about dnc (wikipedia)

DNC (Death Never Came) — Is Del Rey‘s 10th Studio Album after scrapping her first intended 10th Studio Album ‚Lasso‘

DNC Is An Psychedelic Pop Rock Album wich is comparable to ultraviolence but in an way more explosive sound

Well that’s obviously a joke but maybe we get something soon :usrs:  

IMG-6405.jpg

I think the tepid reaction to her album announcement held more weight than we think. It's clear that Lana is second guessing the entire project so I wouldn't expect her to release it at all this year - and I honestly would rather her not to if she isn't passionate about it. We've seen Lana releasing projects before that she wasn't super ecstatic about and the rollouts/post-releases were non-events (Blue Banisters comes to mind).

I think all the appearances of the past 6-12 months + the tour + rubbing shoulders with celebs and the whole rendezvous with Quavo is pushing her into exploring some new horizons. I don't think she's shelving Lasso altogether but she's clearly keen on transforming it and changing its direction and for all the "Lasso is Lust For Life 2.0!!" talk that's been circulating, it's actually very LFL pre-release of her to be changing the project halfway through.

I hope she abandons the Alabama traditional country aesthetic (which she would slay regardless) and leans onto this southern gothic energy that's been brimming from her latest posts and overall aesthetic. It'd be the perfect sequel to Lizzy Grant, specially if she's been in the mood to write and talk about lighter subjects. Let her have fun and live the best life she can live - only then she's capable of doing the amazing art she's been doing for almost 2 decades now.

IMG-1607.jpg

With that being said, I'm not criticizing anyone for being disappointed by the likelihood of no Lasso... it's perfectly reasonable to feel cheated on yet again. It's just that personally speaking, I'd rather have Lana taking her time than seeing her churning out new material to which she doesn't feel connected or invested in. She released a masterpiece 15 months ago and she's still one of the most prolific artists working today. As stans we'll always win.

IMG-1607.jpg

56 minutes ago, Sportscruiser said:

With that being said, I'm not criticizing anyone for being disappointed by the likelihood of no Lasso... it's perfectly reasonable to feel cheated on yet again. It's just that personally speaking, I'd rather have Lana taking her time than seeing her churning out new material to which she doesn't feel connected or invested in. She released a masterpiece 15 months ago and she's still one of the most prolific artists working today. As stans we'll always win.

I think it wouldn’t be churning out new material if she has been working on it for 4 years like she said. That seems like quite a long time to think things through. To be fair, all the rollouts and post-releases were non-events, it doesn’t make much of a difference how much she likes it. Literally nothing happened after albums got released in the past 10 years, except maybe a couple interviews for NFR and sometimes a “tour” with 3 new songs.

We have known for a long time that country is obviously a genre she’s interested in exploring, and given the fact that a full album of it was not only done but also announced, I’m quite disappointed we’re not getting it. I just don’t get why she wouldn’t release it and work on the next project.

1 hour ago, Sportscruiser said:

I think the tepid reaction to her album announcement held more weight than we think. It's clear that Lana is second guessing the entire project so I wouldn't expect her to release it at all this year - and I honestly would rather her not to if she isn't passionate about it. We've seen Lana releasing projects before that she wasn't super ecstatic about and the rollouts/post-releases were non-events (Blue Banisters comes to mind).

I think all the appearances of the past 6-12 months + the tour + rubbing shoulders with celebs and the whole rendezvous with Quavo is pushing her into exploring some new horizons. I don't think she's shelving Lasso altogether but she's clearly keen on transforming it and changing its direction and for all the "Lasso is Lust For Life 2.0!!" talk that's been circulating, it's actually very LFL pre-release of her to be changing the project halfway through.

I hope she abandons the Alabama traditional country aesthetic (which she would slay regardless) and leans onto this southern gothic energy that's been brimming from her latest posts and overall aesthetic. It'd be the perfect sequel to Lizzy Grant, specially if she's been in the mood to write and talk about lighter subjects. Let her have fun and live the best life she can live - only then she's capable of doing the amazing art she's been doing for almost 2 decades now.

She's definitely not in the pre-album release phase, that much is clear. 

And,  like you said, she dropped OB only last year. There's no need to be annoyed when we got 9 albums in a decade. LDR is super productive, and if she needs another year to finish it off, so be it.

All that being said, I do hope we get that Quavo collab as a single to tie us over. We're used to being fed often, so this tumble-weed phase is bound to be upsetting for all.

Especially since she DID announce a whole record. I feel like she owes us at least a single soon.

27 minutes ago, Future Jazz said:

I think it wouldn’t be churning out new material if she has been working on it for 4 years like she said. That seems like quite a long time to think things through. To be fair, all the rollouts and post-releases were non-events, it doesn’t make much of a difference how much she likes it. Literally nothing happened after albums got released in the past 10 years, except maybe a couple interviews for NFR and sometimes a “tour” with 3 new songs.

We have known for a long time that country is obviously a genre she’s interested in exploring, and given the fact that a full album of it was not only done but also announced, I’m quite disappointed we’re not getting it. I just don’t get why she wouldn’t release it and work on the next project.

I disagree. I think Ocean Blvd was pretty much more of an event than the two albums before it were: tons of magazine covers and interviews, a tour, Grammy noms, a high quality music video that wasn't homemade, the critical reception; it held more weight than Chemtrails and BB combined.

I don't think she has to release anything. My only problem is announcing it. Lana working on a project for 4 years ultimately means nothing unless she releases it - which she doesn't have to. She could be backtracking in her interest to record country music, might be second guessing where she wants to go next and might just be wanting to do these appearances and concerts without having to finish an album. If she's hesitant about it, I'd rather have her take her time to think about the album and work on it - otherwise even if it's released, it'll be treated like BB was aka an afterthought.

But I totally understand your reasoning! I just don't agree with the idea that she has to release the album. I just wish she had shut up about it.

IMG-1607.jpg

1 hour ago, shapeofmybody said:

i mean if we don’t get lasso…

we definitely get dnc 

about dnc (wikipedia)

DNC (Death Never Came) — Is Del Rey‘s 10th Studio Album after scrapping her first intended 10th Studio Album ‚Lasso‘

DNC Is An Psychedelic Pop Rock Album wich is comparable to ultraviolence but in an way more explosive sound

Well that’s obviously a joke but maybe we get something soon :usrs:  

Is this DNC thing a running joke I don’t know about cause I’ve seen it all over and still have no idea:crossed:

5 hours ago, Make me your Dream Life said:

Did something actually get confirmed or are ya’ll just being overdramatic rn 

They’re over dramatic and speculating. No one had confirmed that Lasso is scrapped or has evolved into something else.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

She doesn't owe us anything. In the span of last 5 years she has released a lot of content for us. We're even spoiled. She's not like Sky Ferreira or Rihanna who haven't released a new album in years and years.

url%5D

When Lasso was planned, the situation was different. Lana was on her way to the top, maybe even expecting a Grammy win. The streaming numbers are going down again (she even deleted her Spotify profile), she's losing ground every week (despite monthly listeners are still high) and it doesn't look like she'll be able to bring them back up with a country album (Beyoncé's country album wasn't a big hit either). So I guess they've just pulled the ripcord now and want to change direction as soon as possible. Hence the collab with Quavo (hip hop has been very successful on Spotify lately).