Elle

Lasso - Pre-Release Thread: OUT September 2024

3 hours ago, Ice Cream Ice Queen said:

and nfr :wubna: and mac :wubna: and vb :wubna: and fiily:wubna: and love song :wubna: and how to disappear :wubna: and california :wubna: and the greatest :wubna: and happiness is a butterfly :wubna: and hope :wubna: and white dress :wubna: and cotcc :wubna: and tulsa jesus freak :wubna: and dark but just a game :wubna: and dykttatuob :wubna: and a&w :wubna: and kintsugi :wubna: and grandfather :wubna: and margaret :wubna: and fishtail :wubna: and taco truck:wubna:

Hide contents

and judah smith and john batiste interludes :wubna:

Im always here for Lana working with the same producer as long as the overall work they did together doesn’t stall or sound repetitive. So far,  I think Jack’s work with Lana isn’t, although NFR and OB were, to me, the best out of the three (and they both have in common that there were other producers for at least four other songs, so…). True, some songs on CoCC sound like what he did with Lorde, but not the vast majority of it (he honestly is way more repetitive while working with Taylor, but that’s another debate altogether). And like you mentioned, each album with Lana brought masterpieces and career highlights, so I’m not against Jack but I also like when others are brought on board.

To anyone who thinks that Lasso is an iconic name, i’m very curious: whats the vision?

Sounds very basic country and not very iconic to me. If she changed it to Southern Gothic that would be a slay

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b95237ep20gi51lvjl437x

4 minutes ago, X8vinylScratchX said:

To anyone who thinks that Lasso is an iconic name, i’m very curious: whats the vision?

Sounds very basic country and not very iconic to me. If she changed it to Souther Gothic that would be a slay

I think the same, like Lasso is the most basic name for something country, she also wouldve named it horses or countryside. Imo southern gothic is a great name but not for an album. Bet shes will pull out the most random name and its going to be the best title we will ever hear.

O1y-Q6ay-OBY.gif

13 minutes ago, venice biotch said:

like Lasso is the most basic name

:trisha4:

˚ʚ♡ɞ˚ if you can't stand the heat, then stay out of the fire, or you might get what you desire boy ˚ʚ♡ɞ˚

1 hour ago, X8vinylScratchX said:

Sounds very basic country and not very iconic to me. If she changed it to Southern Gothic that would be a slay

I think it's interesting as a one word title. We haven't had a one word title since Honeymoon and that probably plays in part of it. Some see one word titles as iconic and Lasso is an interesting choice - it tells you in one word it's western, country vibes

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

28 minutes ago, American Whore said:

I think it's interesting as a one word title. We haven't had a one word title since Honeymoon and that probably plays in part of it. Some see one word titles as iconic and Lasso is an interesting choice - it tells you in one word it's western, country vibes

And it’s actually her first ever “real one word”, if we’re talking literal, both ultraviolence & honeymoon consists of two words, so it’s actually cool, and I don’t want her to change it :wub:

20 minutes ago, Americen Whore said:

And it’s actually her first ever “real one word”, if we’re talking literal, both ultraviolence & honeymoon consists of two words, so it’s actually cool, and I don’t want her to change it :wub:

i mean, ultraviolence is a single word and refers back to A Clockwork Orange, which is worse once you look into what the word refers to

honeymoon is still a single compound word, which is completely valid if counted as 1 word but i see why you'd think of it as 2 words

but yeah i don't want it to change either, i like the one word approach again. if it does change, it'd be interesting to see what happens. i still want an album called Rock Candy Sweet tho lol

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Lasso is quite tacky and makes me think of some of her worst tendencies, especially when coming to visuals. Like, it literally reeks of Picart-iPhoneSelfie cover art. Much more Texas and kitsch country.

"Southern Gothic" on the other hand, while not a good title, opens up a lot of way more interesting ideas being juxtaposed together instead of plain country that "Lasso" seems to evoke. Not that both things can't cohexist; I can picture a Stevenklein-esque greyish cover art of Lana being Lasso-ed by a faceless figure from the shadows, or actually herself lasso'ing a strange man and being in control all by the lens of Neil, but I do think the aesthetic reveal recently also means a shift from the original plans where things were more Dolly Parton and cartoonistic.

Even if not all high budget, I can fully see her taking Lizzy DIY aesthetic and instead of NY/NJ, the trailer has been parked in Louisiana.

Is Lasso really the first thing that comes to mind with the word "country"? I had no idea this word existed in English until she said it :hide: (I'm ESL but still). And it's such a simple word but with many possible meanings and not just something literal like idk... "Cowboy Hat"? That would be a bad name lmao :creep:

˚ʚ♡ɞ˚ if you can't stand the heat, then stay out of the fire, or you might get what you desire boy ˚ʚ♡ɞ˚

WHAT IF hypothetically speaking the album wasn’t called Lasso and it was called “Lana Del Ray aka Lizzy Grant” and it wasn’t a new album but rather a rerelease.

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b95237ep20gi51lvjl437x

52 minutes ago, Dark Angel said:

lizzy grant DID NOT pour out her entire HEART and SOUL on pawn shop blues (and the rest of AKA) and then DIE just for people to say that AKA was her worst album Oh That'S Not GIF - Oh that's not - Discover & Share GIFs perhaps we don't deserve lasso!

Clock it

I just won't be able to accept another black and white design for the era :brigitte: 

the rest is a matter of personal preferences of everyone, for which an entire team was involved (I believe) :typewriter:

When the artwork is her best ever and the album is a 11-track masterpiece of 6 minute long dark country songs :omg: